Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erinnire)
    me! I'm doing Marketing with PEP year!

I am a bit older though will have just turned 25 when we start. Have you thought about the PEP or International Year?
    Aah awesome! Have you got somewhere already lined up for your PEP year?

I'm looking into. I really want to do the International Year at CSU at the San Francisco campus but not too sure yet. I suppose we've got the first year to decide on things which is good!

ReputationRep:
    Human Biology

ReputationRep:
    lads, just got to bolton university, its the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie31795)
    Thankyou, you too if you're doing any
    No not yet, hopefully next week as I payed my deposit Saturday and don't think anyone from accommodation will be working on a Sunday, aha.
    I've applied for the student houses, nearly applied for the lawns but didn't like the idea of being 3 miles from anything. Have you?
    Thank you, and I applied for Taylor court.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Brookes)
    Aah awesome! Have you got somewhere already lined up for your PEP year?

I'm looking into. I really want to do the International Year at CSU at the San Francisco campus but not too sure yet. I suppose we've got the first year to decide on things which is good!
    No nothing yet I really want to do the international year but I have 2 kids. Don't think their Dad would have them on his own so I could go haha. I'd like to take them with me for the year as I'd love to go the US but not sure how funding would work etc..

There is some great companies locally so will have to see how I get on.

So stoked for September!

Have you got accommodation sorted yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, me and gracecooke have made an unofficial nicholson hall group on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4736...group_activity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erinnire)
    No nothing yet I really want to do the international year but I have 2 kids. Don't think their Dad would have them on his own so I could go haha. I'd like to take them with me for the year as I'd love to go the US but not sure how funding would work etc..

There is some great companies locally so will have to see how I get on.

So stoked for September!

Have you got accommodation sorted yet?
    Aah I see! Yeah, probably something which may be worth thinking about! Haha!

I'm moving into a house with my girlfriend near the Uni which is ideal. The Lawns is just too far away and I don't think I'd enjoy the whole halls experience - would much rather have a place of my own. Plus it's close to the train station which is great as I work in Leeds so need to get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahMargaret)
    Hey, anybody doing English or Music? Let me know! x
    I'm doing creative writing and English!

ReputationRep:
    I firmed for creative writing and English. And I can literally not find anyone doing this course!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Children's inter-professional studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Brookes)
    Aah I see! Yeah, probably something which may be worth thinking about! Haha!

I'm moving into a house with my girlfriend near the Uni which is ideal. The Lawns is just too far away and I don't think I'd enjoy the whole halls experience - would much rather have a place of my own. Plus it's close to the train station which is great as I work in Leeds so need to get there.
    Blimey commuting to Leeds, How long does that take?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for psychology. Is anyone planning on taking a year off to do a placement??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey, does anyone know how long it takes for an accommodation application to be processed as i sent mine on the 23rd May and i havent heard anything back yet :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazz21789)
    hey, does anyone know how long it takes for an accommodation application to be processed as i sent mine on the 23rd May and i havent heard anything back yet :confused:
    Have you had confirmation of them receiving it or not? If you haven't ring them up, but if you have it might still be a while. I know people who applied on the first day possible and still don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Film Studies, although been offered a place on the Film and History course Applied for Nicholson self catered but I've ended up with Student Housing, which i'm still happy with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaneF94)
    Firmed for Film Studies, although been offered a place on the Film and History course Applied for Nicholson self catered but I've ended up with Student Housing, which i'm still happy with
    Hi. Did u put student housing as your 2nd choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiftyeight)
    Hi. Did u put student housing as your 2nd choice?
    I did yeah, originally as a single with a basin, but as I didn't get my first choice I asked for a medium room with a basin instead and they've let me change, just waiting on my new contract

ReputationRep:
    YOPE, i've firmed for business studies at Hull and applied for The Lawns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie31795)
    Firmed BSc Biology
    Assuming all goes well in my Bio exam on the 12th!
    Heya I have firmed for marine and freshwater biology so we will be sharing a few lectures together during the first year. It would be nice to get to know people who are going to be on a similar course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ks.kitty18)
    Heya I have firmed for marine and freshwater biology so we will be sharing a few lectures together during the first year. It would be nice to get to know people who are going to be on a similar course

Yeah absolutely. Feel free to add me on Facebook or Twitter. My names Rosie Todd are you excited to start in September? And have you got your accommodation sorted?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.