Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The longer they play the more it suits Cabrera. He's got the experience and Scott looks a bit nervy. Doesn't help that his caddy seems to be ignoring him a bit.

ReputationRep:
    If i remember rightly Cabrera won it a few years ago on this hole in the play off?

ReputationRep:
    Feel like Scott can put anything with his putter

ReputationRep:
    ^Yeah, his past experience will help him.

Scott responds well.

ReputationRep:
    I gonna say Scott makes his putt.

ReputationRep:
    How did that not go in?!

ReputationRep:
    Scott's gonna drop this is in

ReputationRep:
    Just like Oosthuizen last year.

ReputationRep:
    I think he'll do it.

ReputationRep:
    He's done it!

ReputationRep:
    Well done Scott.

Both played some incredible shots over the last few holes though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!!!!!!! Scott deserved it.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted for Cabrera, a true hero of the game and unlucky not to see that drop. Fair play to Scott though he was probably the best out there on the day.

ReputationRep:
    That's been a long time coming for Scott. He's really been due a major after coming so close numerous times; was routing for him the whole way.

ReputationRep:
    Man, I feel bad for Cabrera. He went for everything today, never playing safe. To come that close to winning, not once but twice must be devastating. His third shot on 18th in regulation was one of the best you're ever likely to see. He dropped it on a sixpence. Reminded me so much of Shaun Micheel's shot on 18th to effectively win the USPGA Championship in 2003.

Having said all that, congratulations to Scott. Very deserving winner and I seriously doubted he'd bounce back from the Open last year, so credit to him for proving me and a lot of others wrong. It will be interesting to see how he does from now on, especially if he has to change putter. I wonder what impact that would have on him.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's all over, my favorite major of the season is gone for another year.

Next up is the US Open in June so i'll probably see some of you in a thread around then. In that time, take it easy everyone and get your revision done.

ReputationRep:
    So happy for Scott last night!! Not so happy that I have a 9am this morning...

ReputationRep:
    After last years Open meltdown really didn't think he had what it takes to win a big one. Props to him for not losing it when it went to the playoff. Happy for a fellow Australian!

Also well done to Cabrera showed some class and kept things real interesting.

Great tournament this year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.