Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    I don't think people should have a legal right to maternity or paternity leave at all; having a child is entirely voluntary and you shouldn't get special privileges for availing yourself of a voluntary choice.

I disagree with practically all of employment law; in my opinion, the only 'employment right' you should have is the right to quit.
    Not really, we need people to have children else we would die out, what are you? 12 years old? Clearly you havent had children. And it would be stupid to say only people on benefits without a job can have children, which is kinda what you're suggesting they do as that doesnt require maternity leave. And you clearly haven't studied psychology before ... an early parent-child bond is essential, which without having time off is hard seeing as babies sleep a lot, so they'd conveniently have to be awake at the right times (couple of hours between waking up and work then say 6-8 hours between getting home and going to bed) which if you know anything about babies, doesn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    What sorts of things do the majority of your gender know that you do not think the opposite gender knows about?
    Newton's Fourth Law of Motion.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    If I talk to you it doesn't mean that I have a crush on you. I don't think this applies to many people over 10, but boy, as a kid if you talked to someone of the opposite gender, bam, you automatically fancy them. Gah, so annoying.

To be fair, that's not really our fault, and women do it too. It's Hollywood who have made it a rule that if a male and female character talk to eachother alone, they get together by the end of the film. Always. Brain washing win :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    what is that? :confused:
    It's the casting couch.

All guys from 14 up know this, I actually chuckled that someone posted it, I wouldn't have thoguht to!

ReputationRep:
    How unbearably painful heels can be

ReputationRep:
    Pretending to be interested in becoming a girl's friend when actually all you want is to sleep with her does not usually work.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    To be fair, that's not really our fault, and women do it too. It's Hollywood who have made it a rule that if a male and female character talk to eachother alone, they get together by the end of the film. Always. Brain washing win :borat:
    Yes, very true it applies to both genders. And lol, that's too funny. Too true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    Hah that made me laugh. In the same way it's obvious to you when a girl likes a guy, it's obvious to us when a guy likes a girl. It doesn't work the other way round, I'm afraid to say that girls are either clueless when it comes to this or deluded into thinking everyone likes them.
    Sometimes clueless

ReputationRep:
    I don't think girls know that

isn't about hamsters.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    Sometimes clueless

We're the same when it's the other way round :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    All guys know what this is:

I am very, very confused, and I want an explanation.

All I see is a sofa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)

All I see is a sofa.
    Same... is it a scene from a famous movie or something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    When your junk keeps slipping out your boxers from beneath your trousers so you have to rearrange it subtly as ****. It's also always seems to happen multiple times on certain days while on other days it doesn't happen at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    It's a scene from lots of famous movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    It's a scene from lots of famous movies.
    Explain?

ReputationRep:
    Explain?
    It's where dreams come true.

ReputationRep:
    A very very famous sofa. Hahah

ReputationRep:

All I see is a sofa.
    I'm not sure what the sofa has to do with it. But the guy has his left hand on the desk ... it doesnt take a genius to work out what he's doing with his right hand ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anony.mouse)
    I'm not sure what the sofa has to do with it. But the guy has his left hand on the desk ... it doesnt take a genius to work out what he's doing with his right hand ...
    His right hand is holding the remote, maybe

ReputationRep:

All I see is a sofa.
    Ahahahahahha

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.