Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gray Wolf)
    To the guys debating immigration I believe immigration should be heavily controlled and a country should allow only those with value to add to the wealth of all to immigrate. I am talking about artisans and scientists and businessman. This is coming from a Turk that is going to high tail it out of here in 4 years time (pray to god).
    Ah, as an Turk are you proud of the Accomplishments f Chegiz Han, Timurlane, Alp Arslan and Sultan Mehmet V?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Type 052D)
    Ah, as an Turk are you proud of the Accomplishments f Chegiz Han, Timurlane, Alp Arslan and Sultan Mehmet V?
    Yes, proud because they expanded their domain by using the methods of the time that everybody used.In the case of some they allowed freedom of religious worship hence why the Balkans are still Christian, which is more than can be said about other places. I am also proud of myself because I don't judge the past with today's values.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gray Wolf)
    Yes, proud because they expanded their domain by using the methods of the time that everybody used.In the case of some they allowed freedom of religious worship hence why the Balkans are still Christian, which is more than can be said about other places. I am also proud of myself because I don't judge the past with today's values.
    Yes they were great Turkic heroes who served the great Turkic races.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvocatDuDiable)
    I don't understand why people take pride in themselves because of their race.

Sure, every nationality has made great achievements in some way or another and these achievements deserve to be celebrated. But being proud because you're British surely doesn't make sense.

How is your race something to be proud of? It's something you were born into by chance. Being British doesn't reflect your personal achievements or make you deserving of respect.
    Just saying but British isnt a race... Caucasion, Negroid, Asian etc. etc. are races... British is a naitonality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Just saying but British isnt a race... Caucasion, Negroid, Asian etc. etc. are races... British is a naitonality.
    You're quite right, I stand corrected. I'll amend the original post.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.