Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You Are To Inherit A £4billion Fortune From A Previously Unknown Relative - What Do.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    OK, that's acceptable. As long as you're not buying your way through - so that if you fail, you won't buy your way out of it to qualify, right?

:lol:

For the purposes of what, though?
    No I'd feel bad if I bought my way through a degree where I needed the knowledge especially if it put lives in danger

ReputationRep:
    Pay someone to spend 3 of my billion on nice things for people. WHILE I enjoy my billion.

ReputationRep:
    Buy bonds, shares and a particular currency so I can influence the exchange rate.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to could to be true. Sounds like the "419" scam... :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishraq Tarafdar)
    Sounds to could to be true. Sounds like the "419" scam... :L
    What, about the Hungarian brothers? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Tell the bank of Nigeria to have a couple on me for releasing my funds for the consideration of the high minister of nigeria

if i really had 4 billion dollars

then thats pretty much an unlimited supply of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dukeofwembley)
    Tell the bank of Nigeria to have a couple on me for releasing my funds for the consideration of the high minister of nigeria
    I had an email about that only this morning.

ReputationRep:
    a fleet of jets, boats and cars
    House accross the world
    couple of islands
    Invest in a few odds and sods
    buy lots of gold
    and best of start lighting my cigarettes with $100 bills.

ReputationRep:
    Have a heart attack from the combination of shock and pure joy... then I'd jump into action.

Pay off parents mortgage first.
    Pay my university education fees and those of my close friends, my bar exam, apply for the nicest halls accomodation rather than 'Poverty Hall'.
    Shiny new car... Entirely new wardrobe helped by a personal shopper (curse of a large chest )

Once I am called to the bar all the work I do will be pro bono.. Maybe set up a law firm nationwide where its all pro bono, for those who are deemed worthy :mwuaha: to make up for legal aid cuts and help those who would not be entitled to any & could not afford the legal fees otherwise. I'd figure out some clever way to fund it from other businesses and all employees and in-house would be on a good wage & treated well... and it wouldn't be so large that it puts other firms out of business. Only those who would really need it would get help!

Help fund a friends law firm to help them to expand further and get awesome buildings outright rather than rental... Ipads, company cars among other perks for all!!

Give a few million each to my family (ma, pa, siblings, grandparents, uncles and aunts) and close friends and buy them shares/investments also, so they can quickly make money off the amount I give them and so they can't blow it all in one go. Also fund a massive family holiday as the family is so spread out over the world you never see everyone together at the same time - ever.

Set up a trust fund for my cousins and their children to help them with university / college costs, medical bills (BUPA for all!!!) etc when needed (not if they fancy a new car - work for it!).
    Set up a few more trust funds (biiiig ones) for my children and my brother and sisters children - same applies as above.

Create a charity to give scholarships to dancers applying for dance school whose parents can't afford the fees for them and so would otherwise be unable to go. Non-means tested of course.

Go on an awesome holiday. Or many..

Buy small islands, rent out houses on them. (1 per island)
    Buy a holiday home that friends and family can use for free, and when not in use by them be rented out.
    Set up a few other business ideas to make money & create jobs.

Start up a charity to help children in care and get them the support they need.

Go skydiving, bungee jumping, get my pilots licence, start up dancing lessons again....

I could go on, and on, and on...

This has made me desperately want to be minted. Anyone got a few billion or million to share?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What, about the Hungarian brothers? :curious:
    Sorry. Never heard of them haha.

ReputationRep:
    -Spend £200 Million on a Boeing 777 airliner turn it into a private jet with beds, internet, TV's, pole dancing room, hot tub, bar etc... my own Air Force 1

-Spend £50 Million buying an Island in the Caribbean, spend another £150 Million pimping it out with a luxury house plus Rollercoaster, water park, golf course stuff like that plus it's own runway so I can just use my private jet from there.

-Spend £50 Million on a house in Los Angeles

-Spend £10 Million on a castle and private estate in the Scottish highlands and another £10 Million making it luxury with stuff like swimming pools.

-Spend £3 Million each on houses in New York, London, Tokyo, Sydney, Amsterdam, Ski Resort House in France, House near Victoria Falls & Dubai

-Spend £25 Million on cars

-Spend £100 Million on a few Helicopters

-Spend £14 Million to employ people (cleaning, pilots, drivers etc...)

-Give £25 Million to each of my parents, £10 Million to my grandparents, £10 Million to one of my Aunt and Uncles, £10 Million to one of my cousins, £15 Million between the rest of my family.

-Spend £100 Million maintenance of all my ****

-Spend £10 Million on clothes plus cool toys and accessories.

Total Spent: £830 Million Odd

Then I would put the same amount in the bank as a backup to make sure I can continue to live a life of luxury.

Which means £2.34 Billion left over which I would donate to various charities and science projects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Easy there now. Let's not get carried away.
    sorry... sometimes i lose touch with reality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    sorry... sometimes i lose touch with reality
    It's okay man, it's okay. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Well that is just initially, only 1/8th of the money and i'd struggle to use so much money anyway.
    Just one charity or many?

ReputationRep:
    I'd make sure my family were financially supported.

Buy a car *Nothing overly fancy that would make me automatically look like I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth* and book block lessons/theory/test.

Buy a house, a nice big-ish house thats still cozy.

Buy a couple of holiday homes.

Pay for mine and my loved ones funeral's in advance (yeah I know, abit creepy but I worry about this lol)

Erm, Oh I'd go on ONE HELL of a shopping spree!

ReputationRep:
    Buy a trip to the space station. This is basically my ultimate goal in life anyway :-P

ReputationRep:
    I would probably set a side 500m or so maybe a 1bn for personal spending, start my own business, invest to make more money so i can pass on more to my kids, move to a place with lower taxes, give maybe 100mn to various charites, start up my own aid projects where i want to spend my own money with 200mn.
    To be honest though I'd probably just save and try to invest to gain more money, cos enough is never enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriftworks)
    I would probably set a side 500m or so maybe a 1bn for personal spending, start my own business, invest to make more money so i can pass on more to my kids, move to a place with lower taxes, give maybe 100mn to various charites, start up my own aid projects where i want to spend my own money with 200mn.
    To be honest though I'd probably just save and try to invest to gain more money, cos enough is never enough.
    Oooh, a future banker? :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, a future banker? :hand:
    No thanks, jobs in that sector seems to stressfull, plus I aspire to live at max 1 hour from a surfable beach. My dad trades shares at home however and I've joined him before and he allowed me to suggest some really small trades, so i plan on doing that as a hobby later on.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Save £300 million, spend £200 million on nice things (car, jet etc.) and spend £100 million on a decent house in Hong Kong. I'd probably funnel the rest into an actively traded portfolio of equity investments to generate some more, with some of it going towards building an ultra-low latency path to the exchanges as well as algorithms for automated trading.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.