Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls....What size are you and what size would you like to be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm usually between a 6 and 8, more often an 8. I don't necessarily want to change my dress size, I just feel I need to loose some of my tummy and perhaps put on some muscle, I have the tiniest shoulders in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 10 at 5'5-5'6 ish and 9stone. I'd always wanted to be an 8 but tbh now I'd rather get muscular than get skinny, so I guess I'm happy where I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    size 10, in a perfect world i'd like to be a size 6 but i don't care enough to put the effort in to become a size 6.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone "wishing" they were a certain size? Just work out and eat properly and you can be in pretty much any shape you want.

I'm a 6, and I'm happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    Im a 6/8, I'd like to be a fuller fitted 8
    And yes I do eat properly, atleast every two hours. Think my metabolism a too fast.
    Im happy with my body, I'm just sick of hearing people say 'you dont look 21' or 'you don't eat anything' or 'you're so skinny, youve lost weight'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 6, I want to be an 8.

I'm 5ft 2.5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    So glad I'm not the only one. There were hardly any girls that admitted to being anywhere near 10 stone, seemed unlikely.

Do you lift weights? You sound like you must be seriously toned!
    Size 8 is small.
    Nope. I danced from when I was 3 til I was 17 for 3/4 hours a week (well, obviously not that much when I was 3, but from about 13-17), so I think it's probably to do with that - my legs/bum are fairly muscley (and I'm definitely not storing much weight in the chest area )

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 6 but would like to be an 8/10! Can't gain weight though no matter what I do.

ReputationRep:
    Used to be size 18, managed to get down to 10-12, gained to size 12-14, want to be between 8-10 or 10-12

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 8/10, want to be a 6

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    I'm a 6 but would like to be an 8/10! Can't gain weight though no matter what I do.
    It's so hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    5'7 and size 6. perfectly happy other than its hard to buy jeans, I need a 24w36l, and tops are always too short dammit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 foot 2, size 12-14 and would like to be back to an 8-10 like I was five years ago.
    And I'm swimming 1.5k six times a week so I should blooming make it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottedZebra)
    Obviously only if you want to share this information I'm feeling pretty insecure about myself at the moment...I'm a size 12 but I want to be an 8/10 (I'm only short - 5"2)

Thanks to anyone that answers
    I'm a 10, I want to be a small 8
    Oh and I'm 5'3

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 10/12 on top and a size 12/14 on the bottom, depending on the shop.

I'm fine with my top half (I especially like having a small waist) but I have big hips and I really am not keen on my thighs. So I'd be super duper happy being a size 8 or 10 on top and being a size 10 on the bottom.

It's funny, if I'd have seen this thread a few years ago I would have been hating on every aspect of my body but I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves my body and it's amazing how much of a confidence boost that is

ReputationRep:
    Size 10/12, pretty happy with my size, although I would like to lose a few inches around my waist. Only problem is I'm scared my boobs/bum will shrink in doing so! And I'm 5 foot 8ish

ReputationRep:
    i'm a size 6, but i so desperately want to be a size 10+ and curvy!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    You want to be a 10/12... Weird? Why?

edit: just realised how rude that sounded! There's nothing at all wrong with a size 12, it's just an unconventional answer and I'm curious.
    I have friends who are similar heights who are 10/12 and they have a really nice body shape. They're still toned-ish but just have a more curvy shape. Like I'm quite small chested with a bigger bum which makes me look a bit pear shaped and my hip bones just out so the extra weight might balance me out a bit and hopefully make my hips a bit rounder. Honestly you can see a lot of my bones especially my sternum and ribs and collar bone and it just looks really horrible- I seriously envy people of that size I think they have the best of both worlds slim but curvy also I have a really small back size so buying bras is awful and clothes in general is a nightmare they never seem to fit right some stores don't even stock my size!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    It's so hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my gosh I know how you feel! I've been trying to gain weight for about 5 months and it's not happening. I'm eating like 3000 calories a day but still no change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriajackson)
    I have friends who are similar heights who are 10/12 and they have a really nice body shape. They're still toned-ish but just have a more curvy shape. Like I'm quite small chested with a bigger bum which makes me look a bit pear shaped and my hip bones just out so the extra weight might balance me out a bit and hopefully make my hips a bit rounder. Honestly you can see a lot of my bones especially my sternum and ribs and collar bone and it just looks really horrible- I seriously envy people of that size I think they have the best of both worlds slim but curvy also I have a really small back size so buying bras is awful and clothes in general is a nightmare they never seem to fit right some stores don't even stock my size!
    But you may find you don't gain wait in the same way. I think it's best just to make sure you're eating enough and are fit and let your body be how it's meant to.

I'm a size 6/8 and I'd like just to be a little larger, a solid 8. I'm 5'5.. I've a really small frame and I don't have any ribs or hip bones on show, so that makes me think maybe you have a slightly larger frame. So maybe a 10/12 would suit you whereas if I were to go up to a 10/12 by just eating more and not gaining any muscle mass I'd be flabby.

And I quite like being lean rather than more womanly and curvy, I think it suits my character more But I do agree buying bras are frustrating! I just end up with buying a 32B even though I'd be better in a 30C.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.