Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chelsea F.C vs Manchester City F.C, FA Cup Semi-Final Watch

ReputationRep:
    Should have got a penalty also and city should be down to 10 men so I'm pretty pissed off at foy. People make it look like foy did such a good job but he was terrible all game only thing he did was let the game flow but bar that his decisions(namely the penalty and the aguero challenge) were shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tc92)
    Chris Foy getting lots of praise from ITV for letting the game flow. But it only encourages people to take risks and push the boundaries. Aguero's horrible 2-footed lunge on Luiz goes unpunished. Torres decides to take retribution going in on his calf.

People talk of refs 'ruining' matches by brandishing cards. It ruins a match if you don't apply the rules properly. Aguero should've been off. He might get a ban but what difference does it make now? City are in the final, his ban won't include the final, and the league's over anyway. Joke.
    Yup. Said this already. Yeah the match was one of the best matches we've seen all season for the most part but the ref ruined the match. We probably should still be playing. Ivanovic got a red card and he was aiming for the ball in the community shield while aguero gets away with violent behaviour. ****ing pisstake.

I guess we rode our luck in the semis and the final last year though so what goes around comes around. Still in the europa league and if we play with such high intensity for the start of matches we should be in the top 4.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand ITV commentary, total ****e.

Besides, great performance in the least 30 minutes from Chelsea, however it's a good thing the game didn't go to extra time otherwise we'd been knackered for Fulham on Wednesday. Champions League qualification easily the priority over anything else right now.

What a **** Aguero is by the way. Utter prick.

ReputationRep:
    Torres has turned into some sort of Superhero with that mask. Taking retribution on Aguero for that challenge on Luiz.

He looked so lively today again, going past markers. Actually knocking some of the defenders over, should have started. Also Bertrand has been great filling in for Cole, barely missed Ash.

Shame the ref was crap. Knew this was going to happen since he refused to book Zabaleta for that foul on Oscar early in the first half. Shame we had to go out this way, but nice to see there's a bit of fight still with us. Top four Europa League will still do hopefully.

Doubt many will watch final since everyone assumes City have won already.

PS. **** you Aguero I actually liked you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Y
    I guess we rode our luck in the semis and the final last year though so what goes around comes around.
    We didn't ride our luck in the FA Cup last year, apart from the Mata goal, but 4-1/5-1, what's the difference?

ReputationRep:
    I could kill that stupid refereee!!!! Chelsea so could've had one more goal before full time! @@

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    I've lost my respect i had for Aguero, that was nasty. Suprised David Luiz got up as quickly as he did though!
    That's the problem with it though. For all everyone complains about people over-reacting, far too often if you don't go down, you don't get the right decision given.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero is the biggest idiot on the planet -talk about Suarez being a douche, this Aguero ******** deserves every bit of dirt his wife gave him before divorce - we now understand why his wife wanted a divorce. We should've had a penalty but Chris Foy messed up.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero should have been sent off and that was definitely a penalty on Torres, Kompany practically ripped his shirt off.

Can't really complain about the result though, City were the better side overall.

ReputationRep:
    Get in there, have won over £100 quid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    We didn't ride our luck in the FA Cup last year, apart from the Mata goal, but 4-1/5-1, what's the difference?
    Cech should have been sent off(can't get advantage for a red card offence so should have been a penalty to tottenham) and liverpool should have equalised with that cech save from carroll which crossed the line (revenge for 05)

Deserved to win both matches bar that though, same way city deserved to win today personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Aguero should have been sent off and that was definitely a penalty on Torres, Kompany practically ripped his shirt off.

Can't really complain about the result though, City were the better side overall.
    i couldnt really see any better side, its just that chelsea wernt getting enough shots on goal/ didnt produce anything from their chances

ie torres' great chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    liverpool should have equalised with that cech save from carroll which crossed the line (revenge for 05)
    It didn't cross the line.

Name:  article-2140265-12F213E0000005DC-715_634x326.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  55.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dukeofwembley)
    i couldnt really see any better side, its just that chelsea wernt getting enough shots on goal/ didnt produce anything from their chances

ie torres' great chance
    Come on man. Did you watch the first hour of the match? We were absolutely dominated in midfield until mikel came off.

ReputationRep:

ie torres' great chance
    not his fault when his shirt is being ripped off his body.. that shoud've been a foul

ReputationRep:
    Apparently this is a fair challenge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BH0-EGYCUAECdx2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	209058

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    It didn't cross the line.

Name:  article-2140265-12F213E0000005DC-715_634x326.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  55.0 KB
    Thought it did but oh well. Still rode our luck in the semi's since cech took out adebayor when he should have got a red. Final was deserved though, reminded me a lot of this match in fact.

ReputationRep:

ie torres' great chance
    City had the run of things for the first hour, especially the first 30 minutes. We didn't really get going until the 60th minute and by then we'd left it too late.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I was pretty annoyed and butthurt after the game, but after a few minutes to calm down I want to congratulate City. Our defence wasn't up to scratch, especially for the first goal. There was nothing we could have done about Aguero's goal though. Toure was on fire and he bullied the midfield the whole game, that's one reason why we lost.

After today I am a proud Chelsea fan, an unbelievable goal from Ba which will be contender for goal of the season. Even at 2-0 down we never looked out of the game and we showed great team play to show for a very exciting game in the end. Now to moan like hell. Aguero made the most disgraceful and disgusting tackle I've ever seen, if he isn't banned for at least 3 matches for that then I'll be damned. Absolutely awful and a disgrace to the game, well played David Luiz for getting up straight away after that.

They played a dirty game, Kompany making a cynical tackle on Hazard, almost taking him out the game. Toure should've been off, disgusting tackle from Barry at the start of the game, City played disgusting football throughout the game and they're lucky the ref didn't turn up.

Benitez had a good line up but the tactics weren't there for us. Taking Mikel off and putting Torres on proved to be a good substitution, Mikel was playing poor and had to be replaced. People may say that Lampard should've started but I don't believe he should have, Mikel and Ramires are the best CDM's at Chelsea and their partnership is brilliant at times. Bertrand also had a good game for me, maybe Terry's presence was needed in the back, but Ivanovic and Luiz done well.

ReputationRep:
    Too bad City are becoming the new stoke - Happy that United have actually won the title now a dirty team like City don't deserve to be on the field.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.