Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sleeping around if you're a girl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Unless all of your conquests have been in the same village, how are they actually all going to know?
    I find that it usually comes up and I don't believe in basing a relationship on lies.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine one potential risk you could be taking, could be getting Herpes.

Condoms don't protect you from everything.

And I am not talking about the mouth one people!

(Original post by SimpleTom)
    I imagine one potential risk you could be taking, could be getting Herpes.

Condoms don't protect you from everything.

And I am not talking about the mouth one people!
    Hmm good point about STIs generally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
    You honestly don't think that it is far more likely a man is praised for sleeping with alot of women than for a woman to be praised for sleeping with alot of men? There are a couple of psycho-feminist groups who are trying to empower themselves by praising sluts, granted, but I promise you in just about every culture that men are praised and proud of sexual conquest far more. Everyone likes a player, even the girls who call him an ******* (then sleep with him anyway lol). No one likes a slut.

I honestly can't blame men when they are often conditioned to be like that though. And not all men are horndogs, don't get me wrong. My boyfriend was a shy virgin until I came along, but he agrees with me that he is an anomaly and the double standard exists.

You seem like the subset of sweet guys like my boyfriend. I agree with you. Sex without those other things is half the pleasure. I've been abused and pressured into doing things by guys in the past. I never thought I'd enjoy sex. Until I actually managed to get a guy I had feelings for and it was mutual to sleep with me and it was indescribably amazing. Having an emotional connection to that persona and being able to spend time with them and knowing them inside out makes sex 1000x better... Or it even just becomes a bonus.

About the harlot thing, It's kind of weird being one of those middle-girls that some people think is a whore and other people think is a sex-negative prude! I've had both accusations! (That's another thing... women are supposedly either sluts or prudes and everyone seems to hate both XD)

I don't hate sex workers or anything. I'm not against having a little fun. I just think it's sad that sex is JUST a commodity to alot of people now. Don't get me wrong I love burlesque dancers, pole fitness and pinup girls. I say spread the love... if you love someone. I guess the thought of sex without love SADDENS me more than anything. Soon enough everyone will be too preoccupied with their fleshlights and dildos to have a relationship, but it's not like I think they're evil, you know? x
    Your POV is that of a lot of women.
    I don't mind what people do with their own bodies. It's just that the sex you have is not just about you, it includes another person too. Most guys who have options will prefer a girl who hasn't shagged around.
    People shouldn't throw stones at those who have casual sex. But that's not the issue here. A lot of promiscuous girls have a certain attitude saying they don't really mind what other people think and that their body is their own. But if they happen to meet a man they like and he rejects her for promiscuity, they mind. My close friend was in this situation. She's kept her legs perpetually open and a guy she's dating came of knowing this and stated to a friend that she wasn't "girlfriend material" and she got upset. So obviously she minds.
    You cannot be angry with anyone for having a standard for their partners. Women reject men for being clingy, boring, unemployed or cheap. Which is all reasonable - you can reject someone for whatever reason you'd like. But when it gets down to it, a lot of promiscuous girls simply cannot deal with what some men think of their behaviour. They cannot deal with the reality and they reach the inevitable point where their ****ing around is neither empowering, liberating or...whatever (insert Sex and the City slogan here).

Men and women are different. In their nature, attitude, behaviour, expectations and desires. I am aware that some are denying it. There are even some women claiming, in persistent anger and bitterness, that women would benefit from adapting all of men's traits, even if it won't reign them the same benefits. Been used by a man? Feel better by using a different man! Except you cannot "use" him. Because he won't regret the cheap sex you had, you are essentially giving him what he wants. He is also a different man. But you can pretend. Come on, give it a shot. Join the Georgie Shore.
    It's the worst infomercial in history. And young women are buying like never before.

The dating culture of the UK is complete misery. I'm just looking forward to the day when the radical feminists are called out and faced for their crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How far do you have to go to be considered a "****" though?
    It will depend on the person you are with, everyone's perception is different.

If you want the second type of future bf, then probably any more than a handful (whatever that may be)

ReputationRep:
    Never hurts to judge anything, your considering putting your **** in.

ReputationRep:
    Should probably also mention I'm worried about how future boyfriends might percieve it (have always been honest about my sexual history and dont want a guy to think I used to be a **** haha)

A while ago there was a thread by a guy who met with his girlfriend in second year of uni. He was pretty troubled to find out later that she had slept with around 30 guys in first year.

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    No guy would even do a girl knowing that shes had sex with loads of guys, even if you use a condom it is just gross. Get a partner do it with them as much as you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JinxedOut)
    However, there's no point thinking WELL I'LL REGRET IT IF I DON'T... because life doesn't actually work like that when it comes to casual sex.
    I agree with this whole post but specifically this. If you sex is just because you are quite a highly sex driven person then fine. But if you're going fwb and casual sex with guys because you like constant male attention and are sometimes insecure I'd rethink it. fwb almost never ends out like the original plan.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this helps but... My sister has told me she has slept with maybe close to 50 guys... Her current bf has no idea of this and she even tells him he's her 8th or something. Although she did have a much longer 6 year+ relationship prior and cheated on him...

You don't want to have to wake up one day and tell your bf you've had sex with tonnes of guys or get a bucket :L

Very sexually promiscuous females are more risky for social pair bonding from a behavior point of view simply because the "pattern" and psychological groove they've got themselves in doesn't wear off quickly. They'll begin to feel uncomfortable in a monogamous relationship and maybe be sexually bored compared to the constant new experience they had before. I am MUCH more untrusting if I know a girl has a very bright past shall we say simply because behavior and how you treat your body is just a mirror of your mental state. A girl who gets a lot of **** either has one fast sex drive or is very insecure. But disclosing a massive rap sheet of casual sex isn't going to lend confidence to any man.

As states above, it's no so much the sex but rather the "It's my body, I'll do whatever and I don't care" attitude. Similar to "I can't seat cake on tuesday" so I'll cram in loads on monday

ReputationRep:
    I prefer girls who like casual sex, they are more down to earth and up for a fun even as friends.

ReputationRep:
    in general, young guys like experienced/virgin girls because they have the vaguely misogynistic idea that girls, inherently, regard sex as a big deal--something only to be done with sum1 special; it must be kind of demoralising for a guy to 'pull' a girl, this difficult and commendable act, just to find that it's all been done many times before (also the vagina's gaping wide and unsatisfying??)

state of society etc.

p.s. don't get me wrong, most young girls have a need to feel ~special~ too, it just manifests itself in different ways (being that one girl tthat can change his rebellious ways... and so on).

ReputationRep:
    Do with people I trust so that way you have sex buddies instead of randoms, I know girls who just want sex as a fun thing to do and because I chat to them socially as well it doesn't make it awkward.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.