Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last showered Sunday, will have one tomorrow. I feel terrific.

ReputationRep:
    I shower 2-3 times a day. I seriously dislike feeling sticky and all in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    Because you'll be washing your whole body not just pits, feet and bits. Although you do sweat from these parts the most, you do still sweat all over to. Tying hair up and adjusting the shower head only takes 30 seconds at the most and you can turn on the shower before you undress and it should be hot enough by the time you get in. I wouldn't consider it time consuming personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you accept you sweat more from 'pits, feet and bits', but you need to wash the other areas once a day too? Do you therefore wash 'pits, feet and bits' again in the middle of your day because surely by then they've reached the same level as the rest of your body would by the next morning? Then in the summer you sweat more than in winter, so do you then have 2 showers a day in addition to 2 extra washes of just 'pits, feet and bits'? If you go abroad to a hot country do you go to 3 or 4 of each a day, making 6-8 washes per day every day?

You must have a shower that heats up fast, I'm always waiting another minute or two after getting undressed and using the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    I shower once a day, and during this shower I always wash my hair. Some people can go a couple of days without showering and they still look clean, but I hate the feeling I get when I haven't showered for over 24 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StacFace)
    So you accept you sweat more from 'pits, feet and bits', but you need to wash the other areas once a day too? Do you therefore wash 'pits, feet and bits' again in the middle of your day because surely by then they've reached the same level as the rest of your body would by the next morning? Then in the summer you sweat more than in winter, so do you then have 2 showers a day in addition to 2 extra washes of just 'pits, feet and bits'? If you go abroad to a hot country do you go to 3 or 4 of each a day, making 6-8 washes per day every day?

You must have a shower that heats up fast, I'm always waiting another minute or two after getting undressed and using the toilet.
    In the summer I usually have two showers. If I did go to a hot country than yes Id shower more. Im surprised you think its odd that I have a shower daily without washing my hair, most women I know do the same as me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    In the summer I usually have two showers. If I did go to a hot country than yes Id shower more. Im surprised you think its odd that I have a shower daily without washing my hair, most women I know do the same as me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not that I think it's odd that you have a daily shower, it's that I think it's odd that you think it's odd to not do it.

Some people prefer to shower every day or even mulitple times a day and that's fine, but that doesn't mean everyone who doesn't smells bad. The adding up to 6-8 washes thing was just to demonstrate that, as if you had to wash everywhere everyday in Winter to not smell then logically you'd need to be washing your 'pits' something like 8 times a day once you get to sunny weather abroad. Yet nobody (or very few clean freaks) will actually wash that much and you don't arrive at your holiday resort thinking everyone smells, so if you follow the logic back you can't have to wash everywhere every single day to not smell bad.

Then there's the fact that some people sweat more than others so will get away with longer periods of not washing and some people might have better soap/shower gel/deodrant/shampoo that could keep them cleaner and smell-free for longer etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StacFace)
    It's not that I think it's odd that you have a daily shower, it's that I think it's odd that you think it's odd to not do it.

Some people prefer to shower every day or even mulitple times a day and that's fine, but that doesn't mean everyone who doesn't smells bad. The adding up to 6-8 washes thing was just to demonstrate that, as if you had to wash everywhere everyday in Winter to not smell then logically you'd need to be washing your 'pits' something like 8 times a day once you get to sunny weather abroad. Yet nobody (or very few clean freaks) will actually wash that much and you don't arrive at your holiday resort thinking everyone smells, so if you follow the logic back you can't have to wash everywhere every single day to not smell bad.

Then there's the fact that some people sweat more than others so will get away with longer periods of not washing and some people might have better soap/shower gel/deodrant/shampoo that could keep them cleaner and smell-free for longer etc.
    Its not that I think its odd its just I was surprised how many have said they don't bathe/shower daily. Everyone I know (when its come up anyway) has said they have a bath/shower at least once a day and it was what I was told in sex education at school, I assumed most people were the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6 times a day or you are a smell hobo.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably easier for boys but daily... Hair takes about two seconds to dry tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Every day, it helps me wake up in the morning. I wash my hair every day as well, which I know is supposed to be bad for it but I just feel really horrible if I haven't washed it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.