Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Naa mate football doesn't work like that. Fulham away is always going to be a tough game you can't just write them off

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im not writing them off as such... but if arsenal fans cant look at a team like fulham, within the last 5 games, and think 'that should be a fairly safe victory' - then they really have slipped away from the team I remember them being..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    im not writing them off as such... but if arsenal fans cant look at a team like fulham, within the last 5 games, and think 'that should be a fairly safe victory' - then they really have slipped away from the team I remember them being..
    Tbh the premierleague has become better and your talking like Arsenal hasn't struggled in the past seasons at Craven Cottage. Plus it is a London derby you cannot just say it is a safe victory lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Now we're playing with grit and desire, the lack of quality in front of goal is accentuated... I think we can take Fulham though, why shouldn't I think that, let's not lose all confidence. Also, come Sunday I'll be a City fan.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is so Effing annoying.

ReputationRep:
    ATTENTION ALL ARSENAL FANS!

AS THE BEST CLUB IN THE WORLD WE MUST DO OUR DUTY AND VOTE THE KING!

HENRY MUST WIN THIS !!

http://www1.skysports.com/pfa/28802

VOTE KING THIERRY HENRY

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think if this formation for next season:

Szczesny
    Sagna - mertesacker - new centre back - monreal
    Walcott - wilshere - new defensive mid - cazorla
    Jovetic
    Benteke

Or:

Szczesny
    Sagna - mertesacker - new centre back - Montreal
    New defensive mid - wilshere
    Walcott - jovetic - cazorla
    Benteke

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is such a donkey. Why on earth do we only have one striker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Thought we were poor (again)

Giroud was bad and fluffed his lines badly when chances came his way and while it is right to say that a clinicial finisher would have dug us out I would rather we played better and didn't have to leave it down to a world class striker to bail us out tbh
    Played better? C'mon, Everton are a good team and we created some very good chances for Giroud. You're not going to walk all over Everton, if you miss chances, it'll end up costing you. It's funny that Everton think they'll get 4th by going for draws in every single game except when they play the relegation teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Played better? C'mon, Everton are a good team and we created some very good chances for Giroud. You're not going to walk all over Everton, if you miss chances, it'll end up costing you. It's funny that Everton think they'll get 4th by going for draws in every single game except when they play the relegation teams.
    To be fair I am probably doing Everton a disservice Jagielka and Coleman especially but I just don't think we really did well Giroud had a couple of chances yea but not that many. We let them bully us out of it for most of the first half then they got tired and spaces opened up and we couldn't capitalise. Walcott and Wilshere were both pretty poor in the final 3rd and Santi only showed flashes which was the main problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    What do you guys think if this formation for next season:

Szczesny
    Sagna - mertesacker - new centre back - monreal
    Walcott - wilshere - new defensive mid - cazorla
    Jovetic
    Benteke

Or:

Szczesny
    Sagna - mertesacker - new centre back - Montreal
    New defensive mid - wilshere
    Walcott - jovetic - cazorla
    Benteke
    replace mertersacker with kosh and put him with a new CB

I like the 2nd formation hate the first. Dont want beneteke but if we can get benezema im happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

I like the 2nd formation hate the first. Dont want beneteke but if we can get benezema im happy
    Yeah..... We're not going to get benzema and I'd rather use mertesacker unless the new cb is a leader as mert is more of a leader than kos

4-4-1-1 is what we used earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

I thought Arsenal were heavily linked with Benzema a few years whilst he was at Lyon, but just didn't bid.
    Seemed like it was another of those 'scout a really promising young player for a few years but not make a bid because they've became good and now cost too much' scenarios.

Benteke is rather good, and he'll improve, and won't cost a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    I thought Arsenal were heavily linked with Benzema a few years whilst he was at Lyon, but just didn't bid.
    Seemed like it was another of those 'scout a really promising young player for a few years but not make a bid because they've became good and now cost too much' scenarios.

Benteke is rather good, and he'll improve, and won't cost a lot.
    I know I'm a big fan of benteke and have argued for him when talking about transfers to arsenal

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see us go for Higuain in the summer, there are rumours flying around that he wants to leave.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm a big fan of benteke and have argued for him when talking about transfers to arsenal
    One of the main reasons though for me wanting him to go to Arsenal is it means Lukaku will have to keep performing at a high level for Chelsea to stay in Belgium's starting 11, it'd be easier if Benteke stayed at Villa, so there's a benefit for me too.

Benteke also has one of the highest goals per minute ratio in the EPL (Higher than Giroud/Podolski) and he's not exactly got the best of supporting casts behind him. He'd be a good buy in my opinion. Just some fans get put off that he's being bought from Villa, rather than buying from a more exotic/prestigious club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    One of the main reasons though for me wanting him to go to Arsenal is it means Lukaku will have to keep performing at a high level for Chelsea to stay in Belgium's starting 11, it'd be easier if Benteke stayed at Villa, so there's a benefit for me too.

Benteke also has one of the highest goals per minute ratio in the EPL (Higher than Giroud/Podolski) and he's not exactly got the best of supporting casts behind him. He'd be a good buy in my opinion. Just some fans get put off that he's being bought from Villa, rather than buying from a more exotic/prestigious club.
    Those fans are morons, Benteke will be one of the epl's best strikers at a team like arsenal... He's got it all ans he's young, and he's proven he can do it in this league. I can see the likes of benzema, higuain being complete flops too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    Those fans are morons, Benteke will be one of the epl's best strikers at a team like arsenal... He's got it all ans he's young, and he's proven he can do it in this league. I can see the likes of benzema, higuain being complete flops too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently for some people he is not a big name so he is not good enough

Stupid people

ReputationRep:
    Such a boring game. Tbh it is arsenal vs everton though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Such a boring game. Tbh it is arsenal vs everton though.
    As far as 0-0 draws go it wasn't that boring

ReputationRep:
    As far as 0-0 draws go it wasn't that boring
    I watched the last half an hour. It was just full of giroud missing chances and everton parking bus and it then got to a point where you just accepted it was a 0-0. At least you were penetrating I guess... Also is it me or do you just up the tempo in the last 20mins of a match? It's how almost all of your home games have been.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.