Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01kij114)
    Your member was been very rude and not elaborating on what his smilies meant.
    I would have thought that :toofunny: and :rofl: were fairly self-explanatory...

ReputationRep:
    he comes across as an arrogant and over opinioned prat
    I assure you that if he were he wouldnt be a Tory MP cos I cant stand arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I would have thought that :toofunny: and :rofl: were fairly self-explanatory...
    Argubly so but he should just say what he means in english not smileys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    I assure you that if he were he wouldnt be a Tory MP cos I cant stand arrogance.
    So the Tory party has appointed MPs? Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever, I think we are getting a bit too defused, from the true meaning of the thread. All is forgiven, apart from Thatcher that goes without saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gremlins)
    Old news :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, myself and Matthew appoint MP's together after an election, we decide together on which members have been the most active and commited and who wants to be an MP. It ensures an active Tory party and it is a system that acts really well.

ReputationRep:
    All is forgiven, apart from Thatcher that goes without saying.
    History will look at her with awe, but they will see Blair as a warmoungerer and Brown as a ditherer. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    History will look at her with awe, but they will see Blair as a warmoungerer and Brown as a ditherer. :tongue:
    I don't know if you've been around lately, but the Neoliberal claptrap she drowned us in is kind of imploding slightly atm.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Yeah, myself and Matthew appoint MP's together after an election, we decide together on which members have been the most active and commited and who wants to be an MP. It ensures an active Tory party and it is a system that acts really well.
    Very democratic stance from the Tories there; allowing anyone to apply for the role of MP. :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sohanshah)
    Very democratic stance from the Tories there; allowing anyone to apply for the role of MP.
    To be fair, I think anyone can aply, but it comes down to matt and dave to chose from those who wish to be MP's. I have a similar method with the lib dems. I ask who would like the MP role avalible, if there are many people who want it or if I find it a difficult choice I would ask the party to decide, or at least help me decide, but else I would pick.

We elect our MPs on a fully democratic basis. We believe MPs are the mouth of the party, not it's mind or the 'leaders' cronies.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I wouldn't place my 'cronies' in a place of MP. I would place those who are active. I wouldn't really go off there policies at all unless they conflicted largely with the rest of the party.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you've been around lately, but the Neoliberal claptrap she drowned us in is kind of imploding slightly atm.
    Yet she was still voted the best PM of the post war period

ReputationRep:
    Yet she was still voted the best PM of the post war period
    And? If you thought popular opinion was worth that much you'd let your members choose their MPs :yep:

(nice skirting the subject too, btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohanshah)
    Very democratic stance from the Tories there; allowing anyone to apply for the role of MP. :rolleyes:
    In the Tory party we treat MP appointments like mini job interviews, you put in an application and then me and matthew talk about who are the best candidates. We select the best candidates, considering a list system operates in Germany it is not a terrible system.

ReputationRep:
    And? If you thought popular opinion was worth that much you'd let your members choose their MPs :yep:

(nice skirting the subject too, btw)
    Popular opinion is different from letting members vote. Popular = electorate.

ReputationRep:
    In the Tory party we treat MP appointments like mini job interviews, you put in an application and then me and matthew talk about who are the best candidates. We select the best candidates, considering a list system operates in Germany it is not a terrible system.
    Well, no, Germany is half-list, half-constituency-based (and actually does suffer from the problem of party stooges in the Bundes- and Landstags) . Italy, of course, is a shining example of a corruption-free system (:rolleyes:) and is run the way the TSR Tory Party is.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Nazism started in Germany so surely that can't be a terrible thing...I suggest the Tory party start culling people who don't have long white scruffy hair.

That rules out...

ReputationRep:
    I love Boris Johnson hes my favourite tory, hes such a fool though hes hilarious. To solve immigration lets invade Britanny.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.