Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead Watch

ReputationRep:
    So soon after the BM incident ?

I smell one !!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...there might be a larger terror cell... :shock:

Aged suspect in custody carrying a "dead man's switch" with device....

(Original post by notnek)
    Police have a 60-70 year old white male on the ground in handcuffs wearing a vest and carrying a device.

(Listening to scanner)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenomorph)
    So soon after the BM incident ?

I smell one !!!
    It IS! Where have you been - these guys are the Boston Marathon bombings suspects!

But now, it seems a terror cell may be in existence - an older suspect is in custody holding a "dead man's switch" with a device... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    America is ****ing well dangerous these days
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Oh dear...there might be a larger terror cell... :shock:

Aged suspect in custody carrying a "dead man's switch" with device....
    I didn't hear the "dead man's switch" part. There's a chance this is just an unlucky guy holding a suspicious looking device.

Bomb disposal units are going to the scene.
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It IS! Where have you been - these guys are the Boston Marathon bombings suspects!

But now, it seems a terror cell may be in existence - an older suspect is in custody holding a "dead man's switch" with a device... :eek:
    WCVB have been great for coverage since Monday.

Scanner was rife about the 60-70 yo male, but media aren't reporting it as they can't confirm with an official yet.

ReputationRep:
    Photo: An empty Harvard Square in Cambridge, Mass., due to lockdown -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    America is ****ing well dangerous these days
    not really, considering how big the continent is and how rare these incidents are.

ReputationRep:
    Two chechnyan brothers, living in the USA for a few years whilst studying have been identifd as planting the bombs at the boston marathon. When challenged by police, they jacked a car and shot an officer, one brother was also shot and died of his wounds, the other is still on the run.

ReputationRep:
    identified as bombers or suspect of bombers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    Suspects so far

ReputationRep:
    The presumption of innocence is a quaint notion =P

ReputationRep:
    Wow, how is this kid still avoiding capture. It's been well over 5 hours now.

ReputationRep:

they are the only suspects. when challenged at MIT, they went on a shooting spree killing an officer, so i doubt there is too much ambiguity, unless then happen to coincidnetally be a completly differnt pair of terrorists. They were picturered already levaing the bombs at the scence. ! brother was suppossed to have gone to the US to be a med student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    The presumption of innocence is a quaint notion =P
    I am never suggest is innocent, i am curious how confidently they believing these are correct perpetrators. they may or may not be. either way they obviously doing something wrong (the two people).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Have merged the 'Boston bombers identified as Chechnyan- 1 killed other being hunted' thread with this one to keep from taking up space in the subforum.

ReputationRep:
    Guy Thinks He Is Rambo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Have merged the 'Boston bombers identified as Chechnyan- 1 killed other being hunted' thread with this one to keep from taking up space in the subforum.
    makes no sense, my thread was about the identity of the bombers as chechnyan, not the shootout.

ReputationRep:
    I know right! :eek:
    easier for islamists to con a 19 y/o to throw his life away becoming a terrorist. guarnteed he was radicalised in chenya, and/or on islamic internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCI)
    makes no sense, my thread was about the identity of the bombers as chechnyan, not the shootout.
    This thread is about all of that. The MIT shooter and the Watertown shooters are one and same as the Boston Marathon bombing suspects who are Chechynan.

I will have to modify the thread title to reflect this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.