Do people have the moral 'right' to call each other fat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    No, people not being ********s will
    So will losing some weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    Ten backward societies.

Typical Western arrogance, to consider all of these societies as "backwards". Some people are fat, some people are arrogant. Both, it could be argued, are unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    So will losing some weight.
    Or we could just respect that people are different and leave them the **** alone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Typical Western arrogance, to consider all of these societies as "backwards". Some people are fat, some people are arrogant. Both, it could be argued, are unhealthy.
    Those societies are backward. Fact, not arrogance.

Both are unhealthy but fatness will hold you back in life more than arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, do people have the moral right to destroy the mining industry and create mass unemployment?

ReputationRep:
    Or we could just respect that people are different and leave them the **** alone?
    You make a valid point but it will never happen.

ReputationRep:
    You make a valid point but it will never happen.
    So you say we just accept it? Sorry I don't accept something that's morally ****ed up even if everyone else does

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate fat people. Two of my closest friends were fat when I met them and very unhappy about it. ''Oh why am I fat, why can't I get the women that I want blah blah blah'' I told the to stop being so wet and go out for a run every day and cut down on the food until they have lost the excess baggage. They did and they are both far happier and far more confident because of it.
    I'd argue maintaining it is just as hard, but we're not going to agree on much I think. Good talking to you anyway

ReputationRep:
    So you say we just accept it? Sorry I don't accept something that's morally ****ed up even if everyone else does
    Some of us think that fatness is immoral.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 40lbs overweight and family and friends are always telling me I need to lose weight, and they're right. It's unhealthy and unattractive, and I appreciate them bolstering my determination. It's not like my feelings are so fragile that I need to be protected from the truth so that I can continue stuffing my face without thinking about the consequences. If someone prioritises your silly feelings over your concrete health and welfare, they obviously don't care about you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Some of us think that fatness is immoral.
    Not sure if trolling.

ReputationRep:
    It may not make it right but it's not something that's going to change so fatsos need to just suck it up or lose weight if they are upset by it.
    says the perfect person with no attitude problem :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if trolling.
    Not trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Always_Happy)
    I don't see why people tip toe around fat people and say they're not fat and whatever. If they're fat they are fat and of they don't want to be called fat then they should lose weight. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being a little over weight but people need to accept that they are if they are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Being fat isn't unusual and they're not demons to be attacked. I don't think they should be lied to and told they're thin, but others should stop imposing their views of what a perfect body is in others and.... live and let live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by askew116)
    says the perfect person with no attitude problem :rolleyes:
    I don't recall claiming to be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if trolling.
    Obviously not! in a world where starvation occurs, some people are indulging in more than their "fair-share" of food....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    It depends how you define healthy.
    Jesus wept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Well when it comes to the case of benefit scroungers I am technically funding their eating and no doubt when it comes to the point where they have a heart attack or need a gastric bypass it will come from the public purse. Why should my taxes go towards funding the terrible life choices of others?
    Fat =/= benefit scrounger. Where did you get that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    No, I'm just pointing out that you take offence very easily, which is ironic considering the battleaxe nature of your idol.
    No, I recognise it's a personal matter of freedom when it comes to size.

ReputationRep:
    Not trolling.
    "Location: UAE"

Ahh no wonder..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.