The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OU Student
It doesn't. 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat.

Obviously 1lb of muscles weighs the same as 1lb of fat but if you have a 1lb of each, the volume of fat will be more than muscle
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 9 1/2 stone
Bra size: 36A (but I've never been properly fitted)
Dress size: Anywhere between an 8 (my waist) to a 14 (my lovely thighs and shoulders)

There are so many skinny people on here...
5"6
122 lbs
6-8

I'm 18
Reply 123
Roughly 115 pounds I reckon. (Just over 8 stone)
5'3
Dress size 8-10, depending on the shop
:smile:
(Age 17)
(edited 10 years ago)
Age 19
just under 5'8
just over ten stone.
34D
Im 17

5ft tall
7 and half stone
and a 32A : (
lol
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 9 1/2 stone
Bra size: 36A (but I've never been properly fitted)
Dress size: Anywhere between an 8 (my waist) to a 14 (my lovely thighs and shoulders)

There are so many skinny people on here...

Get thyself a measuring tape, you're probably not a 36 band if you're a size 8 around your waist....
Original post by Astrtricks
I've just been completely alienated by this thread by peoples use of stone instead of Kg, why is it that people only know body weight by imperial, if i told anyone the weight a baby in Kg they would look at me really confused.

I agree, I use pounds too.

10 stone means nothing to me.
Age-24
Height-5"3
Weight- 8 stone 6, 118lbs

I'm thrilled, I was 7 something for so long until last year.

Lol @ neg. I'm allowed to be happy I've reached the normal weight category thanks very much.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by StarsAreFixed
Age-24
Height-5"3
Weight- 8 stone 6, 118lbs

I'm thrilled, I was 7 something for so long until last year.

Hey :smile:. Any tips for gaining some weight... I've just never been that interested in food and really should weigh a bit more than I do...

Age. 17 (in 2 weeks)
Height. 157cm's? Lol
Weight: 6 stone 5

EDIT: oh, and before someone asks, NO, I'm not anorexic.
You genuinely do not have to worry. So long as you're healthy, that's all that matters.

I'm about 5ft 7, clothes size vary between 8 and 12 (depending on shop) and I'm about 9st 9.

Everyone (myself included) worries about their weight, some more than others. But if you're getting complimented and you're a healthy weight, then I wouldn't worry too much.
Original post by sophiekutie
Hey :smile:. Any tips for gaining some weight... I've just never been that interested in food and really should weigh a bit more than I do...

Age. 17 (in 2 weeks)
Height. 157cm's? Lol
Weight: 6 stone 5

EDIT: oh, and before someone asks, NO, I'm not anorexic.

Try different foods, find foods you love to snack on. It might be that you prefer main meals to desserts or vice versa, so find what works for you and experiment.

Eat more protein and unsaturated fats if you want to gain weight healthily.

Your GP will have better advice than me, so I'd suggest a quick visit :smile:
Reply 132
Age 18,
10 st 3/4, 143/4lbs
5"5
Anything from size 8, 10, 12 depending on what shop!
34C
Want to lose weight because im type 1 diabetic and have high cholesterol which is a bit morbid haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Height: 5 foot 5
Weight: 8 stone 3
Bra size: 30E
Clothes size: 6-8 on top, 10 on bottom.
Of course 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat considering they are THE SAME WEIGHT!! I assume what they were meaning is that two people who look the same and appear to ne the same size can weigh different amounts because having lots of muscle does mean you will weigh more. This is why athletes have higher BMIs; they have a low body fat level but a high muscle percentage.
Reply 135
6 ft 1, 9 stone 13. Will not reveal dress size. But size 8 feet.
Reply 136
My dress size is a 6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anthony.BF
I agree, I use pounds too.

10 stone means nothing to me.

You know pounds are still imperial units....:angry:
Original post by victoriagrace
Try different foods, find foods you love to snack on. It might be that you prefer main meals to desserts or vice versa, so find what works for you and experiment.

Eat more protein and unsaturated fats if you want to gain weight healthily.

Your GP will have better advice than me, so I'd suggest a quick visit :smile:

I have done... But I'm also anaemic (need more iron in my diet) and they just keep talking about that rather than this - very annoying
Thanks anyway! I will try that :smile: x
Original post by sophiekutie
I have done... But I'm also anaemic (need more iron in my diet) and they just keep talking about that rather than this - very annoying
Thanks anyway! I will try that :smile: x

You can solve both problems at once by eating a steak every day!

Latest