Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The H)
    Sweet
    I just left it like that because the mark scheme agrees with it
    Cool :P, what angles did you get for tan=-1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alifff)
    is that in c1? which question is it?
    No it was core 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nholliday95)
    You might be right I don't think I am, but I was on for ages and couldn't figure out any other answer... can you remember how you did it?
    it was a confusing method so i think i got it wrong but anyhow i got (85/2)^0.5 so i made it (170/4)^0.5 and took the quarter out to a half haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The H)
    No it was core 2
    pheww haha i got scared for a moment

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the u3 question worth???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimbusquaffle)
    on the transformation question, wasn't the x value the same and it was only the y that changed postion. i put a translation (0,-7)
    Think about it this way. From (x+1)^2 +y^2 = 49 to (x-5)^2 + (y+7)^2 = 49, the co-ordinates of the centre of the circle move from (-1, 0) to (5, -7). This implies a shift to the right of 6 units in x and 7 down in y. This is represented by the vector [6, -7]. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    and there is a question to ask u find that angle in radians, u just make your calculator into ike radian mode and do sin rule dont u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash9002)
    How many marks was the u3 question worth???
    I think it was 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanjianyi)
    and there is a question to ask u find that angle in radians, u just make your calculator into ike radian mode and do sin rule dont u
    Yep, and because it was an obtuse angle, you had to take the original answer away from 180 degrees. I think i got 1.7 or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauraloo1)
    I think it was 2
    Will just drop one mark for putting in 3/2 instead of 2/3 then? Got 116 instead of 56 as a result of that :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $oulja)
    for my translation, i don't remember what i put... either (-6,7) or (6,-7). i think i'd lose 1 mark there if i got that wrong. thinking of it now, i think i actually did put (6,-7) can only hope for the best now.
    By merely stating translation you will get a mark, unless if they specified it was a translation in the question, which I don't think thy did. Hope you get the grade you want man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Equality4all)
    Think about it this way. From (x+1)^2 +y^2 = 49 to (x-5)^2 + (y+7)^2 = 49, the co-ordinates of the centre of the circle move from (-1, 0) to (5, -7). This implies a shift to the right of 6 units in x and 7 down in y. This is represented by the vector [6, -7]. Hope this helps.
    i think you are right as i might have read the question wrong so did the translation backwards and got (-6, 7)

ReputationRep:
    Will just drop one mark for putting in 3/2 instead of 2/3 then? Got 116 instead of 56 as a result of that :/
    aww that sucks hopefully they'll give you a mark for method

ReputationRep:
    How did you show that p was 3/2

ReputationRep:
    U know for the 9th question of tanx=-1 my teacher said do the inverse of the positive value only so i did and got 45degrees so i got 180 - 45 and 360 + 45, X = 135, 405 Anyone else remember this and then for the very last one i got summit like 14degrees and cant remember the other 2 values U had to factorise i got summit like (3cos(theta)-2) (2cos(theta)+3) Anyone else confirm or better ?

ReputationRep:
    In core 2, what was the answer for the transformation question with (2,-0.9) I forgot the numbers :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone remember the 'K' question i remember getting 2^3 at the end but i can't remember the exact Q.. anyone else get 3?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please do a mark scheme with questions please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alifff)
    i think you are right as i might have read the question wrong so did the translation backwards and got (-6, 7)
    Unless I misread the question aha :P I had 50 minutes or so to check my work and the wording of the questions, so I do hope I haven't messed that one up. How do you think you did overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweatynerd)
    Hey guys this is about the c1 exam, can anyone explain the answer to the complete the square one where there was a coefficient in front of the x? Like the question at the end where it said out it in the format 1/2root m (which is an integer)??? Or at least say what they got? Cheers
    you had 2x^2+6x+5=0. 2(x^2+3x)+5=0
    so complete the square for X^2+3x gives you (x+3)^2-9
    so final is: 2(X+3)^2-4=0 as -9+5=-4.

should of gotten 1/2root5.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.