Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephHowarth)
    I got that!
    I also got that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    today is getting better xD so far I reckon iv got 100ums if im lucky with the grade boundaries.

wat did u get for the question that said wat values of x is the curve decreasing?
    X <1/4

(Original post by StickySteve)
    It was to solve a quadratic, with x^6 + x^3 + (..) or something and a typical method would be to substitute a = x^3 or something, and rewrite it as a^2 + b + c

I got x = + - 1/2

and my other x value was cuberoot of -1 ? But i mistook that for a square root though X(
    Ah I remember, I got 1/2 and -1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StickySteve)
    It was to solve a quadratic, with x^6 + x^3 + (..) or something and a typical method would be to substitute a = x^3 or something, and rewrite it as a^2 + b + c

I got x = + - 1/2

and my other x value was cuberoot of -1 ? But i mistook that for a square root though X(
    Wasnt it just x = -1/2 & x = -1?
    I thought y = -1/8 & y = -1 so you just cube root both values to get x which would be -1/2 & -1
    Or did I miscalculate something. :s

ReputationRep:
    K=-5
    A=(-2,-27)

ReputationRep:
    last question was -3,-27
    k= -5
    the paper in general was good i thought. The first surd was booooky tho lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_King)
    Question 10iii) For the coordinates of A, I set the line equal to the curve, and then equated it to 0, then solved it using the remainder theorem, to obtain a quadratic, solved the quadratic and got X to be -2, subbed X value into the curve and got Y to be -27. So the point = (-2,-27) Would I get 5/5 marks for this method?
    I did the same thing as you but because I had my K as -4, I got completely different values. But that is a completely valid method I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XiLE)
    Wasnt it just x = -1/2 & x = -1?
    I thought y = -1/8 & y = -1 so you just cube root both values to get x which would be -1/2 & -1
    Or did I miscalculate something. :s
    I got the same, think its correct

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for question 8? (the other 7 marker)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    X <1/4

Ah I remember, I got 1/2 and -1.
    1/4???? wer did u get that from I put

x>-3/2
    x < 4

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the minimum mark will be for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilhazzaman)
    First you say the dy/dx = -3x^2 ect.
    Then you say dy/dx = 3x^2 ect.

I dont understand where the Negative has come from. Was the original equation; (x-1)(x^2+4x+k)?
    yeah sorry, typing on phone.

dy/dx=-3x^2-6x+9

ReputationRep:
    fuuuuuuuccckk cube rt -1 is still -1, i was thinking of sqrt -1 giving no solution. well, i was bound to lose one mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie95)
    I did the same thing as you but because I had my K as -4, I got completely different values. But that is a completely valid method I believe.
    Same, I got K as -4! Don't know where I went wrong, but used all correct methods so out of the 12 marks for both the tangent and stationary point I hope to have got 8/9-ish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikemoore64)
    douse any one have the paper or is any one working on an unofficial mark scheme i would really like to know what i got ruffly.
    *roughly

and mr m will put up unofficial MS tonight

ReputationRep:
    I hope someone's cookin' up a mark scheme...

ReputationRep:
    How many marks can you drop and still get 100ums, or do you need full raw marks for 100ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    Guys, for the inequalities question
    3-8x>4
    Did you get x<-1/8 or x>-1/8
    the first one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    1/4???? wer did u get that from I put

x>-3/2
    x < 4
    This is the quadratic right?

ReputationRep:
    Question 8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeBarrett1)
    How many marks can you drop and still get 100ums, or do you need full raw marks for 100ums?
    if the A is 57 it may drop down to 71, and so on. its usually full raw in summer as everyone in yr 13 is resitting, or atleast thats the case in my 6th form

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.