Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Funniest homework excuse? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dylan_t)
    that's good!!!
    And true!

ReputationRep:
    My best was in re my teacher was catualya vicer she asked for the home work the exchangfe went like this

Her: can I have your homework
    Me: The bible teaches forgiveness right
    Her: yes
    Me:and you follow the bible
    Her:yes
    ME :forgive me then

ReputationRep:
    I died, but then Jesus'd back 3 days later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    I swear down when i read that i burst out laughing and got weird looks at school BBBBUUUUUUTTTTT LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO OOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!-literaly!
    LLOOOLLLL, I actually imagined that in my head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabalala)
    I had some outstanding methods of avoiding homework I was the king at it so much so I never got in trouble for it once I was always given the benefit of the doubt.

-I lived close to my school we had homework due in Computing and it was just after lunch and I knew she usually asks for the homework at the start of class and was very strict about missing it so as soon as I walked in I put a look of fake shock/horror on my face and said "oh sorry miss i've just realized I left the oven on at home, can I quickly run home and turn it off" too which she said "ye go ahead you had better hurry:" I took my time signing out at the office and walked slowly home arriving back in class with 25 minutes to go by which time all the homework had been collected and she had completley forgotten about mine. I did this with 3 or 4 different teachers but the problem is it only works once per teacher.

-Another good one in English if I had forgotten homework or an essay was too just throw an old essay I had done previously on the pile, then I would write the essay that night and first thing in the morning I would go to his class and say "oh i'm really sorry sir I didn't realise till I got home last night I had handed you the last essay I done by mistake here's the real one" too which he never suspected a thing and said "oh that's alright as long as you done it thanks for bringing it in" I must have used that excuse twice for everyone of my teachers I had.

-Then there was the old emailing it to myself in the wrong format on purpose trick, "oh sorry sir/miss I emailed it to myself last night but it's not working for some reason i'll print it out tonight and bring it in tommorow" too which you never get in trouble for because the computer illiterate teachers know nothing and just assume it's the computers fault haha.

-Next up was the fact my school banned the use of memory sticks due to viruses so a few times I I brought in a blank memory stick and asked the teacher to print off my homework to which they replied "oh no I can't they have been banned" cue the look of fake shock on my face "that's ridiculous what are we supposed to do if we don't have a printer" too which they replied "I know it's stupid oh well can you e-mail it to me for tommorow" which always bought me an extra day and again they never blamed me for it because they foolishly assumed I had done it and it was the schools fault not mine
    Lol, I`ll have to use some of those!

Also, what is with all this banning of memory sticks? No ones seriously gonna bring a virus in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by askew116)
    Haha that's the most annoying feeling ever. Especially when the teacher gives you their knowing stare, yet they can't be bothered to argue with you. You want to scream out 'This time it's different, I'm telling the truth this time!!'
    Lol, I hate it when you dont do the homework and the teacher asks for it, but when you actually DO it, they forget about it! Especially if you spent 2-3 hours last night doing it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav455)
    Lol, I hate it when you dont do the homework and the teacher asks for it, but when you actually DO it, they forget about it! Especially if you spent 2-3 hours last night doing it lol
    I know (well actually, remember) that feeling.

Once I missed a deadline, and so was given an extension and asked to come in over the Easter holidays to hand it in (this was secondary school).

Anyway, I was taken on a surprise holiday by my dad over that easter, and the teacher phoned my mum to ask about the homework, and although i'd done it, and just hadn't submitted it cuz i was taken away at the last minute, my Mum had a proper go at me (and she's in the police, so she REALLY knows how to have a go at people ), even though I'd actually done it. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mav455)
    Lol, I`ll have to use some of those!

Also, what is with all this banning of memory sticks? No ones seriously gonna bring a virus in!
    That may all be fine for school/college but just you try it at uni

The first lecture we ever had was on 'assignment submission', and we were told in no uncertain terms that technology failure is not an acceptable excuse (discounting most of your excuses).

I personally never found it an issue as, by the time I was at uni, I was studying a subject I was genuinely passionate about and so doing my assignments on time was never an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynical_Smile01)
    My friend, she told her teacher that her brother ate her homework. She wasn't lying, he really did. Her brother is the same age as her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really a new way I found here. Never listen this type of excuse in my career.
    Lots of students making different types of excuses specially in math and science as these subjects are hard to complete. But it hey can try online they can get some their homework very well.
    http://www.coolmathtutoring.com/math...dents-in-need/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.