Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That exam seemed unreal compared to the french, I can imagine there will be a higher than ever UMS grade boundaries as that has to be the easiest one ever - plus no long sentence questions.

ReputationRep:
    Mm, apparently French was pretty hard. I don't do it, but all my friends were saying it was virtually impossible and even Head of MFL was unable to answer one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    That exam seemed unreal compared to the french, I can imagine there will be a higher than ever UMS grade boundaries as that has to be the easiest one ever - plus no long sentence questions.
    Damn. Hope not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The french was practically impossible, so glad that the spanish was so much better

ReputationRep:
    am i the only one who found them quite hard???

ReputationRep:
    No, other people have been on saying they struggled. There were some toughies in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HugeBicepLAD)
    Damn. Hope not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    tbh it probably won't be that phasing imo. if you deserve a good grade you will have got enough ums for it not to matter

ReputationRep:
    everyone came out saying it was so easy but i really didn't think so... :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariaaaa12)
    am i the only one who found them quite hard???
    No I found it hard too

ReputationRep:
    I need 60 ums in both for A* and I was getting that in past papers. I know I got 4 wrong in listening

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for that question about how the girl felt on Tuesday, with the options argumentative and foolish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambie33)
    No I found it hard too
    lets just hope the grade boundaries aren't too high then

ReputationRep:
    For that girl I put insecure, foolish, self-assured.

ReputationRep:
    tbh it probably won't be that phasing imo. if you deserve a good grade you will have got enough ums for it not to matter

There's no way the grade boundaries will be really high on these papers, they were MUCH harder than any other past papers. In the reading there was a lot to read if that makes any sense - it took up a lot of time and was often difficult to get through. Whatever, I'm just hoping for lenient grade boundaries for the listening, the reading felt OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evefrm)
    There's no way the grade boundaries will be really high on these papers, they were MUCH harder than any other past papers. In the reading there was a lot to read if that makes any sense - it took up a lot of time and was often difficult to get through. Whatever, I'm just hoping for lenient grade boundaries for the listening, the reading felt OK.
    Are you sure? I found that it was easier than any past paper I have ever read before. There was stuff to read but the context was so black and white compared to some of the others it seemed extremely obvious.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but how are we expected to know how to say things like aids in spanish??

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure? I found that it was easier than any past paper I have ever read before. There was stuff to read but the context was so black and white compared to some of the others it seemed extremely obvious.
    I found Jan 2013 listening much easier than this one, although I used headphones and the sound in the exam hall is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinyPuppyPaws)
    what did everyone put for that question about how the girl felt on Tuesday, with the options argumentative and foolish?
    Foolish
    Self- confident

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing AIDS was in the vocab list, but I didn't know it. It's not exactly a common word...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joneso007)
    I'm guessing AIDS was in the vocab list, but I didn't know it. It's not exactly a common word...
    it was in the AQA textbook but i didn't bother learning it because i didn't think it would come up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.