Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    GUYS I TALKED TO HIM!! YAYYY
    It wasn't a long conversation at all but hey, at least he knows I exist!

This is what happened: I was at the library, so was he. I wanted to eat something but I didn't want to take my stuff with me (backpack and netbook), so I asked him whether he could take care for my things for a moment :P And after I returned I sat on his same table

Out of the ... three words he said ("sure" "no problem") he seemed like a nice guyyy
    I know how you feel- I AM SO PROUD FOR YOU. In a weird way it means that there is still hope for me
    You gotta keep at it girl, I am rooting for you so much!!! GOOD LUCK! X

ReputationRep:

This is what happened: I was at the library, so was he. I wanted to eat something but I didn't want to take my stuff with me (backpack and netbook), so I asked him whether he could take care for my things for a moment :P And after I returned I sat on his same table

Out of the ... three words he said ("sure" "no problem") he seemed like a nice guyyy
    This is so adorable!!

Talk to himmmmm, please please please - I can't take the suspense
    Give him a small smile or something and keep building it up

ahw, can't get over how cute this is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wild Youth)
    This is so adorable!!

Talk to himmmmm, please please please - I can't take the suspense
    Give him a small smile or something and keep building it up

ahw, can't get over how cute this is
    I know, it's like some love story and I am hooked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophia 1)
    I know, it's like some love story and I am hooked
    Two shy, adorable people in the library with sexual chemistry to blow the covers off all the books but haven't said a word to each other all year

/a better love story than twilight

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PatheticVirgin)
    how is it possible for anyone to be this shy/introvert?
    did you grow up in a dungeon?
    Haha..and that's coming from a 'pathetic virgin' :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Haha..and that's coming from a 'pathetic virgin' :laugh:
    LOL XD.. exactly what I was thinking!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if he's reading this....wait he should!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    Sit opposite him. Not directly opposite but enough to be in his field of vision. Throw a few fake yawns in every now and then. If he yawns back, you know he's checking you out too.
    That's legendary, I salute you, my friend.

(Original post by Voyager_2002)
    A good start, although it should not have taken all year to get this far.
    Lol I haven't known him for a year.. probably just a month

(Original post by PatheticVirgin)
    how is it possible for anyone to be this shy/introvert?
    did you grow up in a dungeon?
    I'm not shy, and I didn't grow up in a dungeon ...
    I know this sounds very stupid, but it wasn't as easy as it sounded... the guy is in the library, and the library is a quiet area, we're not supposed to talk. Also, I DON'T KNOW HIM! I couldn't just go and say "hey how are you?" or he'd look at me like i'm mad or something.
    Also, I've never ever seen him talk to anyone, and he eats by himself, so he's not really talkative either.

ReputationRep:
    How can you get any reflection of what he's like or whether he's interested in you through the words 'sure, no problem'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hodgey1)
    How can you get any reflection of what he's like or whether he's interested in you through the words 'sure, no problem'?
    I was just thinking the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink pineapple)
    At least it's a start and she can build it up from there.
    Maybe next time she sees him she could smile and thank him for the favour he did and start a conversation from there...

(Original post by pink pineapple)
    IDK, he seemed eager to talk to me

ReputationRep:
    that's a good start then Seriously though, I'm in the exact same position when it comes to talking to boys. But you said it feels strange talking to him because you don't know him but would you be like that if it was another person there? Just ask him what he's studying, because he must go to the library a lot by sound of it. By asking those types of questions, you're almost guaranteed to get a good conversation started

ReputationRep:
    Give him a voucher for a bottle of lube

ReputationRep:

I just found this thread and I read the whole damn thing! I'm so proud! Don't make the same mistake I did. I fancied this guy in my class for a whole year and I didn't have the guts to even say hi and now we've left and I'm never ever going to see him again... sad times.

ReputationRep:
    I've never understood this "meet people at libraries" thing. For starters a library is the one place where you're not allowed to talk and secondly library or not completely randomly trying to chat up a stranger is a bit weird. I think what happened is a couple of people hit it off with someone in a library through a chance encounter then they went around telling everyone "you can totally get girls/boys in libraries!". The thing is though it was just a lucky encounter where they had reason to talk to the person. Walking into a library with the explicit intention of chatting up a stranger who has no reason whatsoever to talk to you is highly unlikely to work.

ReputationRep:
    This is really cute, I'm glad you finally spoke. Next time maybe ask him whether he'd like to join you when you go to get coffee.

I saw him again today, I smiled at him a couple of times and he smiled back!
    Next step: "what's your name"?

ReputationRep:
    I saw him again today, I smiled at him a couple of times and he smiled back!
    Next step: "what's your name"?
    You will probably show him this thread in 20 years when your's have 4 kids.

Maybe am going a bit too far ahead- make it 3 kids.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.