Original post by The Wild Youth
This is so adorable!!

Talk to himmmmm, please please please - I can't take the suspense
Give him a small smile or something and keep building it up

ahw, can't get over how cute this is :biggrin:

I know, it's like some love story and I am hooked
Original post by sophia 1
I know, it's like some love story and I am hooked

Two shy, adorable people in the library with sexual chemistry to blow the covers off all the books but haven't said a word to each other all year

/a better love story than twilight

:rolleyes::biggrin:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Haha..and that's coming from a 'pathetic virgin' :laugh:

LOL XD.. exactly what I was thinking!
Reply 123
I wonder if he's reading this....wait he should!!!
Original post by Rooster523
Sit opposite him. Not directly opposite but enough to be in his field of vision. Throw a few fake yawns in every now and then. If he yawns back, you know he's checking you out too.

That's legendary, I salute you, my friend.
Reply 125
Original post by Voyager_2002
A good start, although it should not have taken all year to get this far.

Lol I haven't known him for a year.. probably just a month

Original post by PatheticVirgin
how is it possible for anyone to be this shy/introvert?
did you grow up in a dungeon?

I'm not shy, and I didn't grow up in a dungeon ...
I know this sounds very stupid, but it wasn't as easy as it sounded... the guy is in the library, and the library is a quiet area, we're not supposed to talk. Also, I DON'T KNOW HIM! I couldn't just go and say "hey how are you?" or he'd look at me like i'm mad or something.
Also, I've never ever seen him talk to anyone, and he eats by himself, so he's not really talkative either.
Reply 126
How can you get any reflection of what he's like or whether he's interested in you through the words 'sure, no problem'?
Original post by Hodgey1
How can you get any reflection of what he's like or whether he's interested in you through the words 'sure, no problem'?

I was just thinking the same thing
Original post by pink pineapple

At least it's a start and she can build it up from there.
Maybe next time she sees him she could smile and thank him for the favour he did and start a conversation from there...
Reply 129
Original post by pink pineapple

IDK, he seemed eager to talk to me :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous

that's a good start then :tongue: Seriously though, I'm in the exact same position when it comes to talking to boys. But you said it feels strange talking to him because you don't know him but would you be like that if it was another person there? Just ask him what he's studying, because he must go to the library a lot by sound of it. By asking those types of questions, you're almost guaranteed to get a good conversation started :smile:
Reply 131
Give him a voucher for a bottle of lube
GUYS I TALKED TO HIM!! YAYYY
It wasn't a long conversation at all but hey, at least he knows I exist!

This is what happened: I was at the library, so was he. I wanted to eat something but I didn't want to take my stuff with me (backpack and netbook), so I asked him whether he could take care for my things for a moment :P And after I returned I sat on his same table :biggrin:

Out of the ... three words he said ("sure" "no problem") he seemed like a nice guyyy

I just found this thread and I read the whole damn thing! I'm so proud! Don't make the same mistake I did. I fancied this guy in my class for a whole year and I didn't have the guts to even say hi and now we've left and I'm never ever going to see him again... sad times.
Reply 133
I've never understood this "meet people at libraries" thing. For starters a library is the one place where you're not allowed to talk and secondly library or not completely randomly trying to chat up a stranger is a bit weird. I think what happened is a couple of people hit it off with someone in a library through a chance encounter then they went around telling everyone "you can totally get girls/boys in libraries!". The thing is though it was just a lucky encounter where they had reason to talk to the person. Walking into a library with the explicit intention of chatting up a stranger who has no reason whatsoever to talk to you is highly unlikely to work.

This is really cute, I'm glad you finally spoke. Next time maybe ask him whether he'd like to join you when you go to get coffee.
Reply 135
I saw him again today, I smiled at him a couple of times and he smiled back!
Next step: "what's your name"?:colondollar:

You will probably show him this thread in 20 years when your's have 4 kids.

Maybe am going a bit too far ahead- make it 3 kids.
Reply 137
You: "Are you a librarian?"
Guy: "No."
You: "You could have fooled me as you have more hard covers than my private stash."
Guy: "Yeah, I prefer hard backs they last longer, yourself?"
You: "I couldn't agree more. By the way I'd catalog you under Desirable!"
Guy: "I may not be a cataloger, but I bet I can find a place to fit you in."
You: "I bet you have quite a nice book worm!"
Guy: "Do you mind if I use my Dewey Decimal on you?"
Librarian: "That's quite enough of the library related innuendos, just ask him out already!"
Guy: "Well I really need to be shushed!"

This is really sweet, go for it! If you smiled and he smiled back, then it's definitely the right time to strike up a conversation
I am waiting for today's instalment with a mixture of excitement and trepidation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending