Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by yugiohtheawesome)
    So out of 5 marks, how many would I get? Thank you, you give me hope
    You will get one method mark. Whether or not you get 1/3 or 2/3 depends on the MS.

ReputationRep:
    Arsey I wrote 27000 for the sum question and then wrote another answer so will i get full marks as it say on every mark scheme to mark the correct answer only and not the wrong answer

I have the international paper, I will smash out some solutions

ReputationRep:
    For the sequence question, if I worked out the sum of the 21 terms correctly, but did the sum of the 22 to the 52 week wrong would I get some marks?

ReputationRep:
    74!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Arsey,

For the mobile phone question you added the sum of the 21 weeks with the 31 weeks and got 27000. However i added the sum of 20 weeks with 32 weeks and still got 27000 by using the sum Sn equation. Do i still get the 5 marks? :confused:

Anyone.......Can you please reply asap , i am very worried, need to get that A* prediction

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also for question 5a doesnt the inequality sign flip?

ReputationRep:
    i feel so stupid...In 11c) i didnt put the gradient 3 i just live it -1/3...how many marks i will loose?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Strong sense of shame being felt after realising I got 21000 due to thinking there were 42 weeks in a year for some reason, hopefully will only lose a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakz)
    Hi Arsey,

For the mobile phone question you added the sum of the 21 weeks with the 31 weeks and got 27000. However i added the sum of 20 weeks with 32 weeks and still got 27000 by using the sum Sn equation. Do i still get the 5 marks? :confused:

Anyone.......Can you please reply asap , i am very worried, need to get that A* prediction

Thanks
    This is correct.
    But to get the marks you shouldn't have use half n a plus l formula.
    If you have used the other formula its totally correct.
    It should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Join the 100ums club! Only for the elites We could one day be running the Country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    This is correct.
    But to get the marks you shouldn't have use half n a plus l formula.
    If you have used the other formula its totally correct.
    It should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a lot man, yh i used Sn=n/2(2a+(n-1)d) equation. Found the sum of first 20 weeks which was 7800 and sum of remaining 32 weeks which was 19200...added them together to get 27000.

ReputationRep:
    So many walks in the park!? First FP1n, History and now C1...

ReputationRep:
    Fairly easy paper this year so I reckon:

GRADE BOUNDARIES:

A - 80 UMS = 63/64 RAW
    B - 70 UMS = 54/55 RAW
    C - 60 UMS = 46/47 RAW
    D - 50 UMS = 38/39 RAW
    D - 40 UMS = 30 RAW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakz)
    Hi Arsey,

Thanks
    I think itll be fine because those two ways are relevant and correct. The mark scheme would probably say: (s21 + s31) as well as [s20 + (32x600)]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    On 11d I left the answer as root160, would I lose an answer mark on that?

On 9c I somehow got the constant as 4
    You're safe! it just said a surd not a simplified surd so the mark scheme would be:

root160 or 4root10

ReputationRep:
    i feel so stupid...In 11c) i didnt put the gradient 3 i just live it -1/3...HOW MANY MARKS I WILL LOOSE
    PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lefterispower)
    i feel so stupid...In 11c) i didnt put the gradient 3 i just live it -1/3...HOW MANY MARKS I WILL LOOSE
    PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
    you might get the method marks for y-y1=m(x-x1)

ReputationRep:
    Only lost a couple of marks I think, stupidly forgot to find the y value after finding the x value in question 10 but other than that I think I got the rest of it. Pretty kind paper, boundaries are probably going to be pretty high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakz)
    Hi Arsey,

Thanks
    That should give full marks as that first 600 could be included in either grouping

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.