Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    Holy ****, I have to say that I am glad that I did not take the latter two subjects. Three exams in one week! And four if you took physics today. What are the SQA playing at hehe XD.

I hope that you have done a good amount of studying for Geography and Chemistry because your brain will probably be mushed after sitting the exams. It is pretty dire how you have your exams the day after the next. Therefore please make sure that you sleep well .
    I know about a quarter of Geography (the hardest one imo) 2 out of 3 units for chem and nothing for french (going to hammer that tomorrow)! Iv got soo much to do! Enjoy Will ******* himself in the exam, because thats going to be me on Wednesday to Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    If you think that's bad, my friend has Higher Latin and Chemistry on the SAME DAY

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How is that even possible?! The SQA are true *******s! Imagine doing one exam and coming out the hall only to walk into your next exam. Must be such a downer.

ReputationRep:
    Haha same here. It will be such a relief to walk out of the exam room knowing that what you have been working on for about a year has finally come to an end :nutcase:.

I am staying for 6th year, it will be exams again for me! I take it that you are not?
    If things go my way, I'm escaping. I might need to resit some stuff though because maths and drama were awful and I need 3 A's and a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1996)
    Yes, yes they are.

Wednesday is French
    Thursday is Geography
    Friday is Chemistry. Horrific
    This was me last week: English on the Monday, Drama on the Tuesday, Maths on the Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1996)
    I know about a quarter of Geography (the hardest one imo) 2 out of 3 units for chem and nothing for french (going to hammer that tomorrow)! Iv got soo much to do! Enjoy Will ******* himself in the exam, because thats going to be me on Wednesday to Friday!
    Hehe don't worry too much. Just do what you can. If anything, make sure that you read over your notes for geography and chemistry. Even if you have the "How to pass" series which is pretty good last minute revision. I'm not sure if geo is the same as History or MS where you can predict questions, I only learned about 70% of my course content for those two subjects and at least one good question cam up for me. Just do anything over 70% of the course .

I am going to cram in French tomorrow as well, learn all my writings and polish up my grammar. I might just do one or two past papers for listening and reading if I have time. I do need the practise. I am going to wake up at 8 tomorrow and probably work until 10 or 11pm at night. I will need to. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishNerd)
    If things go my way, I'm escaping. I might need to resit some stuff though because maths and drama were awful and I need 3 A's and a B
    Well I hope you the best when you open your results . I bet you have done better than you think in those subjects. I think we tend to over-analyse what we do.

You shouldn't stay in school if you have no desire to be there and you clearly have a plan figured out! What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe don't worry too much. Just do what you can. If anything, make sure that you read over your notes for geography and chemistry. Even if you have the "How to pass" series which is pretty good last minute revision. I'm not sure if geo is the same as History or MS where you can predict questions, I only learned about 70% of my course content for those two subjects and at least one good question cam up for me. Just do anything over 70% of the course .

I am going to cram in French tomorrow as well, learn all my writings and polish up my grammar. I might just do one or two past papers for listening and reading if I have time. I do need the practise. I am going to wake up at 8 tomorrow and probably work until 10 or 11pm at night. I will need to. What about you?
    Im the exact same, up at 8am revising geography till about 12. Then french tenses, listenings and readings and maybe practise some dw's. However I'm not doing any essays as I will just learn the tenses and make it up in the exam! Then home to revise the full Geo course. Then the next day the final quarter of Chem. Chem is okay for me, and I'm doing AH so I MUST do well

ReputationRep:
    Well I hope you the best when you open your results . I bet you have done better than you think in those subjects. I think we tend to over-analyse what we do.

You shouldn't stay in school if you have no desire to be there and you clearly have a plan figured out! What have you applied for?
    I can't wait to go, Glasgow uni for English Language and Stirling for English Lit are the two I've accepted.
    I really hope so, I really wasn't hoping for more than a C in Drama but I thought Maths might be my B or I even thought I could get four As

ReputationRep:
    How much revision has everyone done for the exams? I haven't done much at all
    I hope it all goes well so I can get an A

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely try to learn some phrases which you can use in most short essays and in your directed writing
    Also, I think it would be really helpful if you listen to some French radio stations like NRJ to practice your listening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    If you think that's bad, my friend has Higher Latin and Chemistry on the SAME DAY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not as bad but my friend has less than one hour between her last Spanish exam and her Art & Design exam.

I feel so sorry those people

ReputationRep:

I'm going to do the exact same thing - I haven't actually revised much of any subject in the past week, despite still having three exams to do. So ashamed

ReputationRep:
    Hi would this be correct?

(talking about school subjects)

je regrette mon choix d'etudier ces matieres, ce n'est pas vraiment utile pour ma future carrière - car je voudrais etudier l'architecture.

I am aware that some accents etc may be missing (I'm typing on my phone haha) but is that correct French? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a list of vocab that always comes up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISeeStars)
    What kind of phrases can you use that can adapt into any essay?
    I'm sorry the late reply, I've been trying to cram in as much French revision as possible in the past 2 days. I don't really have the time at the moment to type a list of all the phrases I have but if you ask Quick-use he'll be more than happy to send you some of his phrases!

(Original post by srm4)
    I hope you're feeling confident or you're just really good at French! :rolleyes:

All I've done for the past 2 days is memorise regular verb endings for the present, future, imperfect and conditional tenses. I also have the perfect tense memorised. I've not done much past paper work at all since I've been too busy trying to memorise essay phrases and linking words. So far the only work I've produced is 2 DWs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srm4)
    Yeah I haven't done masses of work just the odd past paper, if you got a good mark for speaking then that can still boost your.mark!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srm4)
    I've not done much either damm French for being two days before chemistry. .. I hope the short essay is a good topic cause I don't know a lot of stuff for it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfergs)

I hope you're feeling confident or you're just really good at French! :rolleyes:

All I've done for the past 2 days is memorise regular verb endings for the present, future, imperfect and conditional tenses. I also have the perfect tense memorised. I've not done much past paper work at all since I've been too busy trying to memorise essay phrases and linking words. So far the only work I've produced is 2 DWs.

Both really. I didn't do any revision at all for my French prelim and I still managed to get 73% not the best mark but still an A.

I'm literally cramming directed writing and short essay phrases for the whole of today because they are the things I need to work on. I got at least 90% in all of my speaking, listening and translation prelims and past papers so I'm not revising for those.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Get learning everyone and good luck for tomorrow! :cute:

ReputationRep:
    For the directed writing, would "Nous avons mangé au restaurant au sein de l'hôtel." make sense?

"We ate at the restaurant within/in the hotel."

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.