Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

JP Morgan A-level Insight Day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Part A)
    RBS offer
    I got one this morning too what dates you for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJW 12394)
    I got one this morning too what dates you for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1st and 2nd August you?

RBS offer

I Also got accepted to the womens thing at HSBC but I'm a boy??? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1st and 2nd August you?
    Congratulations by the way I'm 8th and 9th, are you going to claim for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations by the way I'm 8th and 9th, are you going to claim for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I will be doing! Any ideas where the programme will take place?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I will be doing! Any ideas where the programme will take place?
    She mentioned it over the phone but I only live about an hour 15 away on the tube, that's probs too close to ask for hotel accommodation isn't it? As far as I know their main London office is on Bishopsgate, just down the road from Liverpool Street station and round the corner from Spitalfields Market... Presume it'd be there

ReputationRep:
    She mentioned it over the phone but I only live about an hour 15 away on the tube, that's probs too close to ask for hotel accommodation isn't it? As far as I know their main London office is on Bishopsgate, just down the road from Liverpool Street station and round the corner from Spitalfields Market... Presume it'd be there
    Yeah I live 2 hours 30 minute away but as I was on the phone ringing to book my travel, she said RBS only provide accommodation for journeys longer than 3 hours - quite simply ridiculous. Now, I've had to message RBS through their message centre in order to try and authorise some accommodation for the first night. and yeah I think it'll be at the Bishopgate office too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I live 2 hours 30 minute away but as I was on the phone ringing to book my travel, she said RBS only provide accommodation for journeys longer than 3 hours - quite simply ridiculous. Now, I've had to message RBS through their message centre in order to try and authorise some accommodation for the first night. and yeah I think it'll be at the Bishopgate office too.
    Ouch 3 hours is quite long to expect someone to travel to and from London, although I suppose it is only 2 days and we probs aren't their highest priority aha. Has anyone mentioned a start time to you? Apparently Bishopsgate is definitely the registered office for their "Markets and International Banking" division, so I'm fairly sure it'll be there. No M&A advisory at RBS anymore though Based on the number of dates they've got on, do you think they're either inviting a lot of people or that each dates group must be pretty small?

Hope you get your accommodation and travel sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Major lol at all the TSR bum boys giving out neg rep to everyone posting about offers. Seriously, evaluate your life if you feel the need to anonymously put down people that are getting onto these programmes while you loners get rejected. Maybe there's a reason for it?

ReputationRep:
    Major lol at all the TSR bum boys giving out neg rep to everyone posting about offers. Seriously, evaluate your life if you feel the need to anonymously put down people that are getting onto these programmes while you loners get rejected. Maybe there's a reason for it?
    Haters gonna hate!

ReputationRep:
    Ouch 3 hours is quite long to expect someone to travel to and from London, although I suppose it is only 2 days and we probs aren't their highest priority aha. Has anyone mentioned a start time to you? Apparently Bishopsgate is definitely the registered office for their "Markets and International Banking" division, so I'm fairly sure it'll be there. No M&A advisory at RBS anymore though Based on the number of dates they've got on, do you think they're either inviting a lot of people or that each dates group must be pretty small?

Hope you get your accommodation and travel sorted!
    Very true yeah! No start time/venue in the email I got sent, it says they'll send more info in a few days! Thanks pal, living in London definitely has its advantages when applying to bank insight days. I was talking to a friend before and we reckon each date will have around 50 people each - there are a lot of dates it seems but we'll have to see on the day!

ReputationRep:
    Very true yeah! No start time/venue in the email I got sent, it says they'll send more info in a few days! Thanks pal, living in London definitely has its advantages when applying to bank insight days. I was talking to a friend before and we reckon each date will have around 50 people each - there are a lot of dates it seems but we'll have to see on the day!
    Suppose you'll hear when you arrange travel. Just got more info about JP Morgan Although it says there should be attachments...

ReputationRep:
    Got a call from RBS this morning for the 12th and 13th of August event

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from RBS but got the HSBC one who else is going to HSBC or MS??

ReputationRep:
    Hi, got a place for RBS on the 8/9th August. Guy on the phone said it's at Bishopsgate and that it is 10am-6pm both days. He was talking about the dates I was attending but I don't see any reason why it should be different from the others. Everything else he mentioned was already on the email.

Question though, I feel as if I'm underprepared, like I don't know much about banking but I'm only 18 so am I expected to? Anyone have any suggestions on what to do before then to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navennn)
    Hi, got a place for RBS on the 8/9th August. Guy on the phone said it's at Bishopsgate and that it is 10am-6pm both days. He was talking about the dates I was attending but I don't see any reason why it should be different from the others. Everything else he mentioned was already on the email.

Question though, I feel as if I'm underprepared, like I don't know much about banking but I'm only 18 so am I expected to? Anyone have any suggestions on what to do before then to prepare?
    I wouldn't worry too much some people'll come across as absolute banking experts, but if I'm honest I don't think that's too important at this stage and will someone might ask a banking related question to the group, you probably wouldn't personally have to answer if you don't want to. The MS open day yesterday had a session on what investment banks do - that just shows that they aren't expecting you to know that much - and I'd imagine RBS will too.

If you want to prepare go on a few websites, like Mergers and Inqusitions and some basic career guides, for news there's the NYT dealbook, reuters or try reading the FT

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much some people'll come across as absolute banking experts, but if I'm honest I don't think that's too important at this stage and will someone might ask a banking related question to the group, you probably wouldn't personally have to answer if you don't want to. The MS open day yesterday had a session on what investment banks do - that just shows that they aren't expecting you to know that much - and I'd imagine RBS will too.

If you want to prepare go on a few websites, like Mergers and Inqusitions and some basic career guides, for news there's the NYT dealbook, reuters or try reading the FT
    Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know and needed to hear! +rep

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an rbs offer for the 22nd??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navennn)
    Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know and needed to hear! +rep
    Your welcome, I'm 8/9th too so should see you there If you wanted a decent career guide you could try this page... http://www.prospects.ac.uk/corporate...escription.htm and work through the "more in this section" list on the right hand side, covers most the basics

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard from RBS. Those that were rejected, were you directly emailed or are you just assuming rejection by lack of contact?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.