Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oxford gang found guilty of grooming and sexually exploiting girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    Now this is a lie, a few months ago a gang of white men robbed a house in Bradford for gold. Look for the story in the T&A. They told the mother to leave the room, while they had their way with the daughter. The family have refused to give this information to the public.
    Don't know what 'T&A' is and how would you know if the family refused to give information to the public?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Of course, as I said before, I will always support the vast majority of Muslims and ME people. And I do agree that we need to be careful not to incriminate an entire culture or ideology, but it is ultimately counter-productive to let this stagnate our progress in determining what the hell is going on.

I'd say that Fritz and Castro are rare one-off cases and they did occur in different parts of the world after all. On the other hand, the incidence of British Muslim men being reported carrying out these acts is worryingly on the rise. Now, that could just be bias reporting or headlining, which deserves consideration, but the underlying connection is still an issue.

Agreed.
    1 in 5 women claim to be sexually assaulted in the US. Get your own house in order before you start blaming an entire religion and ethnicity. Sexual rapists are going to be rapists regardless of which ethnicity and religion they come from.

ReputationRep:
    1 in 5 women claim to be sexually assaulted in the US. Get your own house in order before you start blaming an entire religion and ethnicity. Sexual rapists are going to be rapists regardless of which ethnicity and religion they come from.
    But there is a huge problem with Pakistanis in this country grooming young girls. Look at the statistics, the evidence is overwhelming, even some British Pakistanis have drawn attention to this subculture amongst Pakistanis in this country. You can ignore the elephant in the room as much as you like but another 9 Pakistani men are already under investigation in Oxford as part of Operation Bullfinch, and only a few days ago a Pakstani grooming gang was jailed (18 years each) for sexually abusing children. This is not to say that all Pakistanis arelike this because they are not. But why is this happening?

ReputationRep:
    Please we can blame this ethnicity and that ethnicity. What do you make of the fact that 1 in 5 women have been sexually assaulted in the US? Americans are all rapists now?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/he...ault.html?_r=0
    Lol, that's not the criminal definition of sexual assault.. they would classify wolf whistling and remarks as sexual assault which is clearly not comparable to rape or molestation.. so the figure is far lower.. and no one questioned a single ethnicity here..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Don't know what 'T&A' is and how would you know if the family refused to give information to the public?
    It's a local newspaper, I know the family. The girl involved is a second cousin. I'd rather not say anything more on this, but women from all ethnicities are victims of rape. It's only common sense that if certain women are easier to rape, rapists are going to choose them. Let me make clear, I in no way whatsoever blame these girls. If they walked out naked everyday of their lives, no man has the right to touch them, but they were vulnerable, had no protection from family and society and were therefore easier targets for these sexual predators.

ReputationRep:
    Typical anti Islam replies. When the hundreds of rape cases in India have been brought up, no even once has Hinduism been blamed. These men are scum who obviously knew they could prey on these white girls, because they knew they had no family, or the security of society etc. If they were in Pakistan, they would have been raping Pakistani girls. Sexual predators don't give a toss about the ethnicities of thier victims. They knew that these particular girls were vulnerable and easy targets because let's face it, if they had gone after Pakistani girls, most of whom have strong family connections it would have been a lot of hassle for them. Also there are not many Pakistani girls in care, if there were then it would be justified to say that these men were raping white girls simply because they're white. Social services, the police should be ashamed for not believing the girls but to label all of the Asian community in England as having racial prejudices against white women is very unfair in my opinion. On the whole we try to respect every woman, these men have brought shame upon our community but are by no means the norm.
    The fact of the matter is that you can't mention one countries internal problem (india) and then defame that ethnic group for a completely different continents rape problems.. There are significant Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist communities within the UK that im sure have at one time or another had members of their community involved in crime but they are not notable because it doesn't happen nearly as often as the case of Muslim individuals in Europe. You can't brush it under the carpet.. And of course Sexual predators have sexual preferences as to who they rape and who they don't they're not colour blind.. that's basic understanding without criminal psychology.. There have been countless statistics in Scandinavia and increasing in Western Europe that that perpetrators who are Muslim commit most of the rapes.. This is not a tarnish on the vast majority of law abiding Muslims.. but clearly there is a notable correlation.. It is completely ignorant to simply disregard these as isolated incidents..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazar Wolf)
    But there is a huge problem with Pakistanis in this country grooming young girls. Look at the statistics, the evidence is overwhelming, even some British Pakistanis have drawn attention to this subculture amongst Pakistanis in this country. You can ignore the elephant in the room as much as you like but another 9 Pakistani men are already under investigation in Oxford as part of Operation Bullfinch, and only a few days ago a Pakstani grooming gang was jailed (18 years each) for sexually abusing children. This is not to say that all Pakistanis arelike this because they are not. But why is this happening?
    Because they're sexual predators and they know that these girls are easier targets. Change your laws on rape, protect these girls. The protection offered by them from social services is appaling. In 1999, two Pakistani men raped a Pakistani girl in Bradford. The people involved were found in a dustbin bag, cut into pieces. These Pakistani men know the consequences if they go near Pakistani girls, so it's common sense that they're going to choose the easier route. Change your laws on rape, deport anyone who isn't a British National immediately and the problem will be solved when it comes to Asian men taking white girls. You still have 85 000 rape cases a year in the UK, most of which are not commited by Asian men to solve but then that would mean not pointing the figure to one entire ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    You have somehow managed to completely misunderstand the point I was making, which is ironic because I'm Arab and my entire family is Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriftworks)
    If it was a white gang that targeted ONLY pakistani girls they would be covered.

My arguments would apply to said scenario aswel
    Actually that's complete rubbish in the Rochdale case 1 or 2 years ago one of the men targeted an Asian girl too. It's about taking advantage of the opportunities they had because they were sick people and white girls are first of all the majority in this contry and so the opportunities they get would most likely be white girls, but as I said one of the members targeted an Asian girl too. White gangs only groom white girls too because of the same reasons. And also Pakistani girls don't usually go out and get pissed at night so it would be obvious that they're less likely to get targeted,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    The fact of the matter is that you can't mention one countries internal problem (india) and then defame that ethnic group for a completely different continents rape problems.. There are significant Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist communities within the UK that im sure have at one time or another had members of their community involved in crime but they are not notable because it doesn't happen nearly as often as the case of Muslim individuals in Europe. You can't brush it under the carpet.. And of course Sexual predators have sexual preferences as to who they rape and who they don't they're not colour blind.. that's basic understanding without criminal psychology.. There have been countless statistics in Scandinavia and increasing in Western Europe that that perpetrators who are Muslim commit most of the rapes.. This is not a tarnish on the vast majority of law abiding Muslims.. but clearly there is a notable correlation.. It is completely ignorant to simply disregard these as isolated incidents..
    You're saying most rapes in England have happened by Muslim men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    Really that's what you took away from this? It would have been better had some been European? It is shocking that you thought first about the colour of their skin in relation to your own and how it might effect you rather than what happened to these girls
    Please have a look at my second post.

ReputationRep:
    Brave girls!

I seriously hope they are okay, if I ever got the hold of those men...

Hopefully they will get a beating in prison.

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please tell me why Pakistani men are so massively over-represented in the paedophile grooming gangs statistics? THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1502216.html

And the article above was written last year by the way. Since then there have been Pakistani grooming gangs found all over the country. After Rochdale and Rotherham came Telford in Shropshire recently (two brothers jailed for 18 years each), Ipswich, Bradford, London, Leeds, Birmingham, Keighley and others.

WE HAVE TO PROTECT CHILDREN.
    This is what you get when you feed figures to an absolute moron. Only a few hundred Pakistanis has ever been convicted for this crime and they're only slightly over represnted by that's because for example last year 1000 people were convicted for this crime and around 200 were pakistani, so 200 out of a million plus Pakistanis isn't big at all. White people clearly have an issue with being paedos and raping becaus every time I click on the news it's another white rapist, Asians only come up a few times a year while the whites who clearly have issues come up everyday. Makes me sick eww. Btw why don't you mention the cases involving white men because that's much more common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    Really that's what you took away from this? It would have been better had some been European? It is shocking that you thought first about the colour of their skin in relation to your own and how it might effect you rather than what happened to these girls
    On the third page of this thread btw

post number 57

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    Lol, that's not the criminal definition of sexual assault.. they would classify wolf whistling and remarks as sexual assault which is clearly not comparable to rape or molestation.. so the figure is far lower.. and no one questioned a single ethnicity here..
    Can you not read?

'Nearly one in five women surveyed said they had been raped or had experienced an attempted rape at some point, and one in four reported having been beaten by an intimate partner.'

I think most women know the difference between being whistled at and getting nearly raped. But yes, just close your eyes and choose to ignore.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're sexual predators and they know that these girls are easier targets. Change your laws on rape, protect these girls. The protection offered by them from social services is appaling. In 1999, two Pakistani men raped a Pakistani girl in Bradford. The people involved were found in a dustbin bag, cut into pieces. These Pakistani men know the consequences if they go near Pakistani girls, so it's common sense that they're going to choose the easier route. Change your laws on rape, deport anyone who isn't a British National immediately and the problem will be solved when it comes to Asian men taking white girls. You still have 85 000 rape cases a year in the UK, most of which are not commited by Asian men to solve but then that would mean not pointing the figure to one entire ethnicity.
    Lol, That's not why they don't target 'Muslim girls' they act in gangs for precisely the reason of security and dominance over their victims and potential reprisals..

Secondly most of these men are in their early and late 20s, they are most likely born in Britain and therefore are just as British as any other person so that's stupid.

Let me stop you on ethnicity.. Muslims are not an ethnicity... like a Christian is not an ethnicity..

How can you change the law on rape? people don't rape because the law is soft.. and the law on rape isn't soft anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Can you not read?

'Nearly one in five women surveyed said they had been raped or had experienced an attempted rape at some point, and one in four reported having been beaten by an intimate partner.'

I think most women know the difference between being whistled at and getting nearly raped. But yes, just close your eyes and choose to ignore.
    Learn to sample compelling material rather than picking some sensational newspaper.. the survey encompasses a microscopic proportion of the some 350 million citizens within the US.. Lets assume half of them are woman (there are more woman than men in the US).. When you cross reference them to the government statistics in the same overall report they do not correlate to 20% of women... it works out even better than the UK on average...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theoneoranro)
    This is what you get when you feed figures to an absolute moron. Only a few hundred Pakistanis has ever been convicted for this crime and they're only slightly over represnted by that's because for example last year 1000 people were convicted for this crime and around 200 were pakistani, so 200 out of a million plus Pakistanis isn't big at all. White people clearly have an issue with being paedos and raping becaus every time I click on the news it's another white rapist, Asians only come up a few times a year while the whites who clearly have issues come up everyday. Makes me sick eww. Btw why don't you mention the cases involving white men because that's much more common.
    you seem to be another one who cannot accept the truth. And there's no need to resort to insults, this only points to the fact that you're losing the argument.

A few facts for you:

for one there is the CEOP study:

http://www.channel4.com/news/ceop-wa...grooming-study

In their words:

In the grooming statistics, 49% were white and 46% Asian: the proportion of Pakistani Asians remains unknown. However, in a country where Asians constitute 7% of the general population, this is a striking figure.

We believe that there are two main profiles of the on-street groomer. First, we have the white offenders, who typically offend alone. So far, nothing new: the lone white male is the norm for UK child sex offences. Second, however, there are Asian offenders, many of whom are of Pakistani origin. They seem much more likely to offend in groups, lending their abuse a curiously social dimension. In our research, which focuses on large offending groups, we analysed police data from five major on-street grooming investigations. Of the 52 suspects charged, 83% were Asian Pakistani, 11% Asian other and 6% white British. These are shocking statistics and the over-representation of Asian offenders within this dataset certainly merits attention.

Another article:

http://www.newstatesman.com/lifestyl...actor-rochdale

All you have to do is tap key words such as 'asian grooming statistics' into Google and you can see for yourself.

This is NOT to say that all Pakistanis or Muslims are like this. the vast majority are certainly not. It was aBritish Pakistani Muslim, Nazir Afzal, who reversed the earlier CPS decision and who prosecuted the 9 Rochdale perverts. Other UK Pakistanis have spoken out against child grooming.

The usual white nonce acts alone, like Savile and others (it's a shame he didn't face justice). Most white paedophiles act alone. But in the Pakistani community there is a subculture, shared by a small but significant minority, who feel that white children are fair game to be raped and then sold into prostitution and horribly abused still further.

these peopel are not true Muslims. the Prophet (pbuh) said in some of the finest words ever spoken 'The most excellent jihad is the conquest of self'. These people are scum, and they are bringing SHAME ON YOUR COMMUNITY.

ReputationRep:
    The laws on rape are quite clear in this country.

ReputationRep:
    you seem to be another one who cannot accept the truth. And there's no need to resort to insults, this only points to the fact that you're losing the argument.

A few facts for you:

for one there is the CEOP study:

http://www.channel4.com/news/ceop-wa...grooming-study

In their words:

In the grooming statistics, 49% were white and 46% Asian: the proportion of Pakistani Asians remains unknown. However, in a country where Asians constitute 7% of the general population, this is a striking figure.
    These were figures that Nicky Campbell read out on the Radio this morning, truly shocking.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.