Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liora2013)
    what colour was the purse in the listening?
    brown i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatratman24)
    brown i think
    Yeah it was! I for some stupid reason wrote bright red.., from that first question I knew I'd flunked it :/ ahahaha

ReputationRep:
    can someone please pleeeease put up an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aisforayla)
    Found out today I got aprox 37/40 on the reading. Ill find out listening approximations tomorrow. Ill try and post some answers tomorrow if you guys still need them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you know what you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liora2013)
    what colour was the purse in the listening?
    I think it was dark brown as the recording said the word 'obscuro' which means 'dark' I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jen96)
    How do you know what you got?
    Teacher goes through paper, sees his answers and we compare them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Teacher goes through paper, sees his answers and we compare them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay, makes sense! Do you know how you did on the listening yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by higuyslol)
    this is what I think the grade boundaries will be:

listening:
    34 a*

30 a

27 B
    24 C

Reading
    36 a*

33 a

29 b
    26 c
    your such an idiot. No way are the boundaries going to be that high...prick.
    my teacher told our class just now that after she spoke to a few other people (teachers from other schools) - they predicted;

Listening (40) - A* 30 - A 25 - B 21 - C 16 - D 9 -
    Reading (40) - A* 32 - A 28 - B 23 - C 19 - D 12

ReputationRep:
    I'm so upset with this exam, normally and A/A* student and wanted an A* as its my favourite subject but now not so sure- ill be lucky to get a C in that listening
    What did people put for the listening of what jobs people did?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jen96)
    Ah okay, makes sense! Do you know how you did on the listening yet?
    38/40 on reading
    27/40 on listening

It was expected, but I'm glad my reading will drag up my listening marks. I should be right on the border of A/A* overall, it's all down to results day now!

Unfortunately I couldn't get the answers back as I'd have hoped, I'll keep pestering my teacher though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awh that's lucky!
    I'm really worried- do you think if I get a c/d in my listening and an A in my reading I could still get an A over all
    Got 1A and 3A* in CAs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    38/40 on reading
    27/40 on listening

It was expected, but I'm glad my reading will drag up my listening marks. I should be right on the border of A/A* overall, it's all down to results day now!

Unfortunately I couldn't get the answers back as I'd have hoped, I'll keep pestering my teacher though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a really good result seeing as the test was so hard! I think I'll be in a similar position to you, depending on the reading to pull my listening up and being on the a/a* borderline. And keep trying! Haha!!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Somebody got a mark scheme??????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little ginger)
    Awh that's lucky!
    I'm really worried- do you think if I get a c/d in my listening and an A in my reading I could still get an A over all
    Got 1A and 3A* in CAs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely! Remember CAUs are 60% of the grade. Listening is only 20% meaning in general terms your 3A*s will pull your listening up to an A (if you got a D) while your reading and other CAU would reaffirm it. I can't say for definite because I wouldn't want to get your hopes up or anything, but it's definitely possible, especially if the boundaries drop right down.

There is a UMS calculator on the Edexcel website, if you work out your CAU UMS then play around with different exam marks you can see where you'd grade based on last years UMS boundaries which are also available. It might take a while and a bit of effort, but if you really want to out your mind at rest it might be worth it. Do consider that the UMS boundaries will be lower this year too.

I hope you get your A!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually pretty worried about my grade now. :/ I got A*s in the Writing and Speaking, and I think I will get an A* for the reading but the Listening is going to drag it down. I wanted an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou very much- much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even though I did want an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But an A will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalm)
    your such an idiot. No way are the boundaries going to be that high...prick.
    my teacher told our class just now that after she spoke to a few other people (teachers from other schools) - they predicted;

Listening (40) - A* 30 - A 25 - B 21 - C 16 - D 9 -
    Reading (40) - A* 32 - A 28 - B 23 - C 19 - D 12
    eat my pinapple

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.