Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think location will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1995)
    I think location will
    What do you mean by that, Operational Strategies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieTT)
    What do you mean by that, Operational Strategies?
    My teacher reckons an 18 marker may ask you to analyse decisions a business makes when choosing a particular location

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1995)
    My teacher reckons an 18 marker may ask you to analyse decisions a business makes when choosing a particular location
    So yeah, operational strategies. Covering factors affecting choice of location,

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, operational strategies. Covering factors affecting choice of location,
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    I'm retaking too:/ what did you get first time?
    I got a rock bottom C, I got my paper back to look at it and went with it with my teacher and my analysis was shocking, I think I had a bit of a bad day haha, so I just need to write it properly rather than knowing what to put in, what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loucol)
    heyhey- does anyone have any idea of what may come up? like what your teachers have suggested to look over because it is likley to come up?
    My teacher today seemed to think that a lot of finance will come up, something to do with a similar theme to another unit in AS that was sat the other week, but I dunno if that's right, I would just play it safe and cover everything

ReputationRep:
    any other person have a clue what might come up on this test?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbr118)
    I got a rock bottom C, I got my paper back to look at it and went with it with my teacher and my analysis was shocking, I think I had a bit of a bad day haha, so I just need to write it properly rather than knowing what to put in, what did you get?
    I got a D it's so annoying cos I was doing really well in past papers and even got an A* in the mock. I guess I must've had a bad day also

ReputationRep:
    I think the hardest past paper for this unit was june 2010. 51/80 would get you an A* (90 ums). Lets just hope we dont get an exam like that!

ReputationRep:
    critical path was on January paper hardli going to be on the june one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    I got a D it's so annoying cos I was doing really well in past papers and even got an A* in the mock. I guess I must've had a bad day also
    Yeah, we just need to make sure not to have another one haha , I got told to just write like the examiner knows nothing, to explain consequences as much as you can and refer to the case study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc95)
    critical path was on January paper hardli going to be on the june one?
    Apparently it has come up quite frequently in the last few years so Ill be surprised if it does, and I really hope it doesn't haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbr118)
    Apparently it has come up quite frequently in the last few years so Ill be surprised if it does, and I really hope it doesn't haha
    it would be ok if it could be used for an answer within a question but as long as it doesn't actually have a question about it. but if you could get a good answer for number 4 your half way there to a good grade like..

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain how I can use SWOT analysis to answer the 34 mark question? I am really confused how I'd use it

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone guess whether the finance question will be the 10 mark or 18 mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc95)
    it would be ok if it could be used for an answer within a question but as long as it doesn't actually have a question about it. but if you could get a good answer for number 4 your half way there to a good grade like..
    yeah exactly, if I got another whole question on it I would seriously have to start blagging, its something i find to understand, if you only needed to drop something little in about it i reckon it would be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Can anyone guess whether the finance question will be the 10 mark or 18 mark?
    I reckon 18 because they all use to be 10, and then on recent papers they've made them 18, I don't know, haha. I can't even remember how to answer ten markers, is it literally definition, and then two chains of arguments worth of analysis and that's it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnoob)
    Can someone please explain how I can use SWOT analysis to answer the 34 mark question? I am really confused how I'd use it
    SWOT - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.

SWOT Analysis is really more for planning your answer.

First you look at the Internal influences on the business' objectives which are its Strengths and Weaknesses. Strength exists when a business has a competitive advantage over other businesses in the market, and weaknesses exist when a rival has a competitive advantage on the business.
    Examples of Strenghts/Weaknesses can be liquidity/cash flow, gearing, market share, profitability, profit margins, efficiency, product quality, customer service and organisational structure.

Then look at the External Influences on the business' objectives, which are opportunities for it and threats towards it. External Influences however don't just affect one business, they usually affect all firms in the industry. If major opportunities are ignored and significant threats aren't addressed the business is likely to suffer.
    When developing your answer, pick no more than 2 or 3 key opportunities and threats.

When concluding you need to tackle if the opportunities outweigh the threats, and if the strengths of the business outweigh the weaknesses. If the strengths of the business allow opportunities to be taken. And if it's possible to change a weakness into a strength.

ReputationRep:
    SWOT - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats.

SWOT Analysis is really more for planning your answer.

First you look at the Internal influences on the business' objectives which are its Strengths and Weaknesses. Strength exists when a business has a competitive advantage over other businesses in the market, and weaknesses exist when a rival has a competitive advantage on the business.
    Examples of Strenghts/Weaknesses can be liquidity/cash flow, gearing, market share, profitability, profit margins, efficiency, product quality, customer service and organisational structure.

Then look at the External Influences on the business' objectives, which are opportunities for it and threats towards it. External Influences however don't just affect one business, they usually affect all firms in the industry. If major opportunities are ignored and significant threats aren't addressed the business is likely to suffer.
    When developing your answer, pick no more than 2 or 3 key opportunities and threats.

When concluding you need to tackle if the opportunities outweigh the threats, and if the strengths of the business outweigh the weaknesses. If the strengths of the business allow opportunities to be taken. And if it's possible to change a weakness into a strength.
    Thanks a lot

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.