33.33%
    Mass Spectrometry
    12.12%
    Gas Chromatography
    15.15%
    Other
    24.24%

ReputationRep:
    The. 6mark question was to make a plan for an experiment , fair test and measurements , using good english and clear formal language on how concentration affects the rate of reaction of hydrochloric acid (I am allowed to say this right...?)

take that as a yes :3

ReputationRep:
    i put 61.8% for the percentage yield
    pH 2 for the sulfuric acid question

and guys how many marks would i get if i write carbon dioxide is a simple molecule and has weak intermolecular forces and so nt much energy is needed to heat and boil it

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys put for the very first question which siad describe the trend of the measurement as fully as possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denizcan619)
    i put 61.8% for the percentage yield
    pH 2 for the sulfuric acid question

and guys how many marks would i get if i write carbon dioxide is a simple molecule and has weak intermolecular forces and so nt much energy is needed to heat and boil it
    That's what i put for the pH and %yield not sure about any of that

ReputationRep:
    what about the question which said why was the proffers experiement of finding potassium was quicky accepted?

ReputationRep:
    what about the question which said why was the proffers experiement of finding potassium was quicky accepted?
    I second this question, what the hell was that? was this some kind of obscure knowledge or application of common sense - a shot in the dark at the correct answer of like twenty? ..For percentage yield, do you think there will be a fairly nice range I.E would they accept .7? I don't remember which I wrote but I worry I may have written 61.7%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robocop656)
    I second this question, what the hell was that? was this some kind of obscure knowledge or application of common sense - a shot in the dark at the correct answer of like twenty? ..For percentage yield, do you think there will be a fairly nice range I.E would they accept .7? I don't remember which I wrote but I worry I may have written 61.7%
    Yeah they will allow 61.7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LjWol)
    That's what i put for the pH and %yield not sure about any of that

Yeah you're right ! But what did everyone put for why the scientists accepted the person's discovery of potassium ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuddingAchiever)
    Yeah you're right ! But what did everyone put for why the scientists accepted the person's discovery of potassium ?
    I had no idea but i wrote because potassium was in demand in 1807 and could be sold... seemed along the right lines :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wrote it was the only wake to make it at the time

ReputationRep:
    i put it fitted into the periodic table

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about it actually being produced and not just being a theory so there was nothing to really argue against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaypanda)
    So after seeing exothermic and endothermic, im beginning to feel that "heat energy" isnt quite right.

Also, what did people put for the one about carbon dioxide being a gas, and did anyone relate the question back to mars? because ive heard some people that did and some people that didnt..
    Carbon dioxide is a simple molecule that has weak electrostatic forces holding the molecule together. These forces can be easily overcome causing very low melting and boiling points which means it will exist in gas form down to a reasonably low temperature

ReputationRep:
    Lol funny how nano particles didn't even come up as a two mark question

ReputationRep:
    yeah i really expected that to be in there, for at east 3 marks or maybe even the 6!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty tricky! Some of the questions were alright I suppose. What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that they will be high..... And why is there another thread for this ? anyways..... I felt it was easier it comparison to past papers but isn't to say that I'll get A*

ReputationRep:
    probably 50 marks for a* and 40 for an a

ReputationRep:
    I thought it would be 6 mark

ReputationRep:
    probably 50 marks for a* and 40 for an a
    Hope I get a b!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.