Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Questions...

Do we need to say how many is wasted in the bin packing algorithm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Messed up part c on route inspection by missing "she decides to start at E..."

I did it the usual way of repeat DC, start at A finish at B- any chance of a method mark?

Also on part g pod c.p.a, I said 5 from the Gantt chart is better but something along the lines of "because you can clearly see there is no way around it" due to time constraint. Would mentioning that 5 is better get me a mark without mention if critical time?

Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alsooo for prims algorithm do they mark the distance matrix table?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Marking harshly I think I've lost 6/7 marks, so happy about this paper, decision is my least confident module and I don't usually get questions right because of silly mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think I'm clutching at straws here but if you got the wrong feasible region, would you get any marks for trying to calculate the optimal point??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortitude)
    I think I'm clutching at straws here but if you got the wrong feasible region, would you get any marks for trying to calculate the optimal point??
    i did the exact same, also how many marks would you get for drawing the lines correctly but identifying the region incorrectly? Hopefully a few method marks followed from it
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Parrottelli)
    i did the exact same, also how many marks would you get for drawing the lines correctly but identifying the region incorrectly? Hopefully a few method marks followed from it
    I know, I first drew everything correct & got the correct feasible region but because I was panicking as I was running out of time, I thought that can't be the FR because it's not closed & usually the FR has 4 vertices so then I thought I'd made a mistake & changed it so that the FR was the closed region:mad::mad: Then I quickly used the vertex testing method. I don't know how the method marks work in D1, did you then calculate the optimal point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortitude)
    I know, I first drew everything correct & got the correct feasible region but because I was panicking as I was running out of time, I thought that can't be the FR because it's not closed & usually the FR has 4 vertices so then I thought I'd made a mistake & changed it so that the FR was the closed region:mad::mad: Then I quickly used the vertex testing method. I don't know how the method marks work in D1, did you then calculate the optimal point?
    I put the objective function on the graph and used the ruler method and then used simultaneous equations to work out the minimum point and then subbed it into the objective function, if i get 7 marks on the questions overall i will not be too disappointed

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the only thing I got wrong was the ED arc thing. How many marks do I lose for that?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I put the objective function on the graph and used the ruler method and then used simultaneous equations to work out the minimum point and then subbed it into the objective function, if i get 7 marks on the questions overall i will not be too disappointed
    Yeah if you get the right optimal point I think you will get the marks for that Q but might just lose 1 mark for writing R in the incorrect region. Anyway that's what I think. Good Luck with all your other exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wndms)
    I know, I'm worried now if I don't get 90% in my C4, I will miss my A* so my Maths and F Maths grades will become Bs because that s***ty M1 grade will cash in towards f maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, there's always one exam that just throws an unwanted spanner in the works. I'll honestly be so devastated if D1 is the reason I can't why I can't get 2 A's this year.. Uni depends on that and then 2 A*'s next year..

And don't worry I'm sure you'll do perfectly fine in C4 and get your A*. Hard work never goes to waste. Unless its D1. In which case hard work always goes to waste. And just to paraphrase ET (hiphoppreacher); "Work hard, and you can have whatever it is you want. Unless you work hard in D1, then you can't have whatever it is you want."

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did exactly the same, my lines were fine but I indicated R wrong. I've just been looking through old mark schemes and they say 1 mark for each correctly drawn line and then 1 mark for the feasible region indicated correctly and clearly. So I reckon (hope) we'll lose 1 mark on that. Not too sure about the optimal solution question. Looking at old mark schemes, it says 1 mark for any point tested/found using objective line in their feasible region (meaning we get a method mark?) but I'm not sure about the second mark which just says testing another point correctly. Not sure if that means that it has to be in the feasible region or if it can be a point in your own region.

Just hope I got enough ums above a D so it can average out to an A for core maths.. Although I'm almost certain I've got a U.

Meh, life sucks

ReputationRep:
    how much would be 40-49 marks cuz thats wat i got ,,,, i would have don't allot Better if i could Finnish.

ReputationRep:
    4 marks for the Gantt Chart? Certainly DID NOT take me anywhere near 4 minutes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matamaticas)
    4 marks for the Gantt Chart? Certainly DID NOT take me anywhere near 4 minutes :rolleyes:
    Was it just me or was there so many activites to plot?!!? TOOOOOOK AGGGGGGGGES
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Smko)
    Was it just me or was there so many activites to plot?!!? TOOOOOOK AGGGGGGGGES
    Same, took me ages as well.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was quite a reasonable paper. Like others have already said, the gantt chart was ridiculous and it took me ages to draw out all of the boxes but i suppose it could have been worse, they could have told us to schedule the events. Think I did quite well in it which is a relief, takes some pressure off for C4

ReputationRep:
    I put 'for every 3 2-seater boats, there will be at most 2 4-seater boats'
    Is this wrong?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    For question 7c, I only stated the effects that the delays would have, but I didn't explain why... I guess that would lose both marks? Thanks for the answers by the way!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.