Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)

I don't do S2
    When the time comes, will it be possible to upload the paper so we can discuss answers easier? Ie- let everyone contribute to making 1 general mark scheme.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hare-Krishna)
    it said give as %, think arsey's sol'ns don't have % but should.
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    you're right because they asked for PERCENTAGE
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    HELP
    Can you be more specific? Yes marks would have been lost but it's hard to help you work out how many :/

For the diagram, what numbers did you not include?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arun1323)
    on your mark scheme, they asked for a percentage in the final question, but you put your answer as a decimal. I did that in the exam, would I lose a mark then?
    thats what i thought, i put % next to mine..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieGCSEs)
    Arsey has probably gone to bed, give him a rest, have you seen how many questions have been spurted out in the minutes since midnight? Give him a break, be appreciative, and also, be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If he's in bed, this comment on The Student Room is hardly gonna disturb him is it.

ReputationRep:
    Much better than I thought, there's a mistake in the model answers btw, for box plot question the lower outlier (14) was marked on as 24.
    Thanks for the upload !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well i ****ed that up - in past papers was getting like 73/75, ill probably get like 55-60 on this ****...the regression equation was ****...would i lose all 7 marks for that question all because i got the equation wrong???

ReputationRep:
    For the box + whisker will I be docked marks for drawing the whiskers at the maximum/minimum values which aren't outliers rather than at the level of the outliers? thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wrote down the IQR NOT in 3s.f., do I get a mark deducted?

ReputationRep:
    In q1 I used the full calculator values for the calculation of the r and the rest of the question...if I remember I got the same values as the model answers though, so I don't know if I'll lose out marks in part a for not mentioning 3 significant figures or what....other than that I believe full marks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arun1323)
    for the final dice question (sum of 2), I added 0.1 and 0.1 instead of multiplying. stupid I know.. would I lose both marks or just one?
    Probably both, sorry, as accuracy obviously isn't correct and the method is wrong as you added not multiplied. If there was a third mark, then you'd have probably got that for the correct values, but sadly not
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Arsey has probably gone to bed, give him a rest, have you seen how many questions have been spurted out in the minutes since midnight? Give him a break, be appreciative, and also, be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well said. Some of you lot need to be grateful that we have Arsey in the first place to upload solutions with the paper at least.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree with you but you must understand that it is extremely frustrating when you don't know how badly you've messed up. Not that Arsey should be disturbed. Also who really knows how many marks lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    For the box + whisker will I be docked marks for drawing the whiskers at the maximum/minimum values which aren't outliers rather than at the level of the outliers? thanks
    Normally, in past papers they have allowed that as an alternative. So, probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Me too! I know right, it's because in other papers for those sort of qs we always give answers to 2dp. They never say to 3.s.f. How did you think you did?
    Despite it being a pretty standard paper, I dropped really silly marks (exhibit A) and i'm kinda hating myself even more over that, but I think I may have just made it into an A or maybe missed it by a mark or so. So eeeep, we'll see. how was it for you?

ReputationRep:
    That Venn Diagram has killed me, with the following question. Was looking at above 70, but being unable to understand that venn diagram means its mid 60's, really annoyed by that, otherwise the paper was fine

ReputationRep:
    lose one mark
    for venn diagram?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    What do you mean its an 'awful mistake'? Hopefully i only lose 1 mark
    I done the same and I think it is, just losing a mark for no reason

ReputationRep:
    If he's in bed, this comment on The Student Room is hardly gonna disturb him is it.
    Okay granted, but what I was trying to say was that he'll answer your question in due course, probably not right this instant

ReputationRep:
    For the probability question, part d, I started off my working out by doing 10% of full itime workers etc and I worked out all the percentages clearly. Will I at least get a mark for this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.