SQA Results Day 2013 - Appeals FAQ Watch

Apologetic Cube
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Nah, he's busy with real life, atm. Doesn't matter for his future, anyway. He's off to Edinburgh this year even if he failed everything.
Wouldn't be my place to hand out his exam results even if I knew.

For reference when you're back.
Very true! I hope he does get the grades, though. There was a guy I saw on STV News the other night who picked up 5 AH A grades and was off to Edinburgh to study Medicine. I don't think it was him, though, as this guy was from Aberdeen. The link is here if you want to see it, fast-forward to 7.10 minutes in.
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Apologetic Cube)
Very true! I hope he does get the grades, though. There was a guy I saw on STV News the other night who picked up 5 AH A grades and was off to Edinburgh to study Medicine. I don't think it was him, though, as this guy was from Aberdeen. The link is here if you want to see it, fast-forward to 7.10 minutes in.
It's not him. I'll be looking out for wee Alex next year, though.
Apologetic Cube
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not him. I'll be looking out for wee Alex next year, though.
Hmm... it'll take a hell of a lot of hard work! Probably a lot more than this year... and I worked pretty hard this year. I suppose the good thing is that I now know how to get into a smooth study rhythm so I can just get going from the off-set. I seemed to spend a lot of last year studying inefficiently until I finally figured out how I learn best.

I'll probably be memorising Biology textbooks like a mad-man out of paranoia :laugh:!
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Apologetic Cube)
Hmm... it'll take a hell of a lot of hard work! Probably a lot more than this year... and I worked pretty hard this year. I suppose the good thing is that I now know how to get into a smooth study rhythm so I can just get going from the off-set. I seemed to spend a lot of last year studying inefficiently until I finally figured out how I learn best.

I'll probably be memorising Biology textbooks like a mad-man out of paranoia :laugh:!
I was actually talking about the Alex in the video...
Apologetic Cube
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was actually talking about the Alex in the video...
Oh... awkward :laugh:! Well, look out for me on STV news anyway :wink2:... whether it be for exam results or mass homicide.
Stuufo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, can anyone help me with this issue.

So, after sitting my adv maths exam and getting a D, i spoke to my maths teacher about an appeal as I got a B in my prelim, also this was my predicted grade. However, she said she was unable to send evidence (my prelim) away because the SQA had already asked for it due to one of the invigilators submitting a complait due to several noise disturbances during the exam.

Does this mean the SQA has already factored in my prelim score into my final grade?

Thanks for any advice

-S
hailedsuperior1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys, for my 5th year exam results for int 2 maths and int 2 english, I got a C for maths and a B for english in the prelim. However for the actual exams I got a D for english and a bad fail for maths, could I appeal for either of them, and if I could, what grades would I get. Thanks
weejackie10
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I thought you didn't get appeals at advanced higher? I'm probably mistaken though

Posted from TSR Mobile
BigChimp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You could appeal for English and get a C maybe. However I'm afraid to say that if you did appeal for maths it would most likely be unsuccessful. Sorry to break it to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by weejackie10)
I thought you didn't get appeals at advanced higher? I'm probably mistaken though

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're mistaken, appeals at AH are a thing :yes:
weejackie10
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thought so, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lala4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For Int 2 English this year i got a B but i was dropped to Int 2 after getting 38% in the Higher prelim. I don't have any appeal evidence then to show that i could have achieved an A at Int 2, is that really fair?
koolkate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got an A (75%) in my higher business prelim and really good marks in all my nabs but in my final exam I got a B, can I appeal and get an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by koolkate)
I got an A (75%) in my higher business prelim and really good marks in all my nabs but in my final exam I got a B, can I appeal and get an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are eligible for an appeal (i.e. you were predicted an A), then yes, you can appeal. Nobody can tell if it will be successful though. All you can do is submit one and see what happens.
koolkate
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
If you are eligible for an appeal (i.e. you were predicted an A), then yes, you can appeal. Nobody can tell if it will be successful though. All you can do is submit one and see what happens.
Is the entry requirement in university prospectus for first sitting (S5)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Is the entry requirement in university prospectus for first sitting (S5)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably, unless it says otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
koolkate
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably, unless it says otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So lets say the entry requirement for maths is an A in higher maths and if I get a C/B in H maths and an A in AH maths, will I get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
So lets say the entry requirement for maths is an A in higher maths and if I get a C/B in H maths and an A in AH maths, will I get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who knows. They may see a good predicted grade for AH and incorporate it into an offer, or they may see a C in H Maths, not like the look of it and not give an offer. University offers aren't simple so there's no right answer to your questions I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
koolkate
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Who knows. They may see a good predicted grade for AH and incorporate it into an offer, or they may see a C in H Maths, not like the look of it and not give an offer. University offers aren't simple so there's no right answer to your questions I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am thinking about taking a gap year but I am not applying to differed entrance so whenever I apply they'll know what I got in my advanced higher so hopefully they won't look at my higher grade thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
bluemangosand13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think i'm in a predicament. I received my results and unsurprisingly got AAAAC. The C was in chemistry and it was my last exam and I completely panicked with the pressure. I'm really gutted, as throughout the year chemistry was one of my best subjects, i've gotten high A's for my prelims and all tests. The exam wasn't even that difficult! Anyways i was wondering since my predicted grade was an A do you think it's possible for me to get an A? Or, if the appeal is successful, will it only go up to a B?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?