The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

I know someone who didnt get the grades to meet their offer, but rang the uni to explain and was told to email the uni. This was at 10 this morning. Does anyone know how we should expect to hear back. We were only told that we would hear back either today or tomorrow. Would this be via track? Nerves are majorly jangling :s-smilie:
Reply 121
Original post by needsomeadvice12
Someone please help! :'(
my friend has worked SO hard this year on her Childcare Diploma and she got the grade but UCAS STILL HASN'T UPDATED! Can someone please enlighten me as to why this is? We're both really starting to stress out for her now and we really wanna see an answer! There is no reason why she can't be confirmed when most of her other classmates have been accepted! Can someone please let me know why her firm and insurance still say Conditional Offer??????! PLEASE HELP... It's almost 6 in the evening and nothing's updating. HELP
She needs to make sure that her uni has got evidence of her results. There may have been a problem with this. The uni may still be taking calls so I would try and get on to them now.
Reply 122
Original post by bubblebird
I know someone who didnt get the grades to meet their offer, but rang the uni to explain and was told to email the uni. This was at 10 this morning. Does anyone know how we should expect to hear back. We were only told that we would hear back either today or tomorrow. Would this be via track? Nerves are majorly jangling :s-smilie:
Yes. If nothing's changed by tomorrow morning I'd ring them again and see what's happening.
Original post by Minerva
They were dealing with people who had missed their offers and needed to discuss their options, and/or people who wished to apply for Clearing places, and/or people who had met their offers but the information hadn't gone through properly.

Releasing people who have decided at this late stage that they don't want their place takes a much lower priority. We warn people about this all over the forum for weeks if not months before Results Day.

I appreciate it's all very stressful, but waiting another couple of hours or even until tomorrow will not be a problem.

I already knew that releasing me wouldnt be their top priority but the thing i am stressed about is being made to wait over 5 hours when they have created errors on my application which are through no fault of mine. I understand they have numerous applicants and people to talk to i would wait however when stupid erros have been made one does feel P##### off.
Help HELP HELP! Everything is getting TOO STRESSFUL
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by Azza26
I'm waiting on Southampton too, phoned 3 times, but the same, no updates.

Just a waiting game I'm afraid :-S

Same situation here. Southampton is my insurance choice.
Already had firm offer but decided to withdraw it because I dont really like the course and aiming for better ranking uni. Rang them up for 2 times and explain what is going on, said will be update this afternoon.
They say admission still making decision on my application / they dont receive our result.
Still, nothing happened. Going to phone them tomorrow.

May I ask you what courses did you apply for? If you are apply for wsa, then we are on the same boat.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Minerva
She needs to make sure that her uni has got evidence of her results. There may have been a problem with this. The uni may still be taking calls so I would try and get on to them now.

It says on the UCAS site that they send the grades to the Uni's! The Uni sent her an email yesterday asking for 'evidence' of the grade! Why does she need to give 'evidence' when ucas are sending her grade on to the Uni? It just doesn't make sense! She hasn't got evidence! The qualification/certificate hasn't arrived yet! Unfortunately this is out of her control! How can we overcome this? Is there any other evidence of her results that she can send? Please help! She really wants this!
Reply 127
It says on the UCAS site that they send the grades to the Uni's! The Uni sent her an email yesterday asking for 'evidence' of the grade! Why does she need to give 'evidence' when ucas are sending her grade on to the Uni? It just doesn't make sense! She hasn't got evidence! The qualification/certificate hasn't arrived yet! Unfortunately this is out of her control! How can we overcome this? Is there any other evidence of her results that she can send? Please help! She really wants this!
Of course she does.

She must have some kind of notification of her results? Send that in.
Is there any chance that track can update tonight?
Original post by Minerva
Of course she does.

She must have some kind of notification of her results? Send that in.

Yes.... When does it have to be sent in by? And when do you think ucas will update? Is there any chance it will stay as 'conditional' forever and never update? Or is there a deadline as to where they have to reply to the offer?
I entered my clearing choice on track and when I called up to apply for accommodation they said that because I had previously declined this course I should wait until track updates and call up tomorrow as it says declined . However I don't want to miss out on accommodation. Is this normal?
Reply 131
If it helps anyone my track didn't update for 3 days and my uni wouldn't answer any calls regarding being successful or not.
Original post by james1211
If it helps anyone my track didn't update for 3 days and my uni wouldn't answer any calls regarding being successful or not.

Is this because you missed the grades? Or did you meet your conditions but still didn't have an update? And did you get confirmed in the end?
Original post by Melissa.S.
They wanted BBB, and I got BCC. So I know they're gonna reject me, just wish they'd hurry up, because I've already rung a few uni's up and they said they'd take me, just gotta wait for them to release me!
How did you do?

Sorry to hijack but I'm in the same situation with BBB offers and I got BCC but I can't find any clearing places for sciences with grades this low? Which unis did you ring?
Reply 134
cumbria said if they dont decide by 7 then it will be tomorrow. if they say no i will cry.
Original post by Vicodin
cumbria said if they dont decide by 7 then it will be tomorrow. if they say no i will cry.

Have you been rejected by Brookes? Hope Cumbria take you on:smile:
Reply 136
Original post by pinda.college
Have you been rejected by Brookes? Hope Cumbria take you on:smile:

yep and me too ha
Reply 137
Is this because you missed the grades? Or did you meet your conditions but still didn't have an update? And did you get confirmed in the end?

Missed one grade by a few UMS but they refused to answer phone calls so i could tell them that. Got let on anyway. I just kept checking track every few hours over the days after results day until it changed to successful.

Was a real ballache because my insurance said i needed to let them know if i needed the guaranteed accomodation right away, which i couldn't tell them.
My track just got updated! :biggrin:

15 August 2013, 18:41

Congratulations, your place at University of Glasgow for Psychology has been confirmed. The university or college should now send you more information.
I'd like to decline my Unconditional Changed Course offer of my firm choice and accept my clearing offer but how do I do this? I see it nowhere on Track?

Quick Reply