Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    GCSEs are boring as **** though, can't wait to start AS.
    Agreed. I also can't wait to drop so many subjects!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't wait to drop English, the subject i hate the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Haha :awesome:

I think AS was harsh this year :erm:
    Well that and that fact I did no work but I've learnt...

Did you recieve any A level grades last week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerock)
    Can't wait to drop English, the subject i hate the most
    I can't wait to drop English lang, I hate that subject! Lit is ok-ish though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's one of the best things, if not the best, about Sixth Form in my eyes. I didn't necessarily find most of my GCSEs too hard (although I struggled about with sciences despite loving science), I generally just found that having twelve subjects meant I didn't know where to focus my efforts, what with so many teachers asking so many different things of me. I lost out on a lot of science revision, Music coursework and App. Business coursework time because I was trying to finish my Systems and Product Design coursework. In the end I think I probably could have spent a bit less time on Systems and Product Design - my teachers gave me 100% in both pieces of coursework however I know some people who were also graded 100% who wrote far less in their evaluations etc.

Ah well. C'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    Well that and that fact I did no work but I've learnt...

Did you recieve any A level grades last week?
    Aah

Yeah too many narrow misses for my liking

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to drop English lang, I hate that subject! Lit is ok-ish though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep, i love how in Lit you can let your mind drift off and come up with all these crazy theories about what the author is trying to say

ReputationRep:
    Aah

Yeah too many narrow misses for my liking
    Ah shame to hear about that will ya be resitting any? :/

What are you taking this coming year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    That's one of the best things, if not the best, about Sixth Form in my eyes. I didn't necessarily find most of my GCSEs too hard (although I struggled about with sciences despite loving science), I generally just found that having twelve subjects meant I didn't know where to focus my efforts, what with so many teachers asking so many different things of me. I lost out on a lot of science revision, Music coursework and App. Business coursework time because I was trying to finish my Systems and Product Design coursework. In the end I think I probably could have spent a bit less time on Systems and Product Design - my teachers gave me 100% in both pieces of coursework however I know some people who were also graded 100% who wrote far less in their evaluations etc.

Ah well. C'est la vie.
    I think being able to start afresh (if you got to a new place) will be the best for me!
    I agree, I have no idea how I'm going to manage revision for so many subjects!
    Wow, well done on 100% though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    Ah shame to hear about that will ya be resitting any? :/

What are you taking this coming year?
    C3! And a remark for History

F.Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French and Geography :yep: (welsh bacc too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerock)
    yep, i love how in Lit you can let your mind drift off and come up with all these crazy theories about what the author is trying to say
    It's amazing, there are so many different things that he or she could e saying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think being able to start afresh (if you got to a new place) will be the best for me!
    I agree, I have no idea how I'm going to manage revision for so many subjects!
    Wow, well done on 100% though!
    I'm staying at my current school, I couldn't even imagine leaving it before Sixth Form! I already know most of the teachers so that gives me a bit of a head start - I don't know my Economics teacher too well but I got to know him a bit in the induction lesson and he seems really good. But I'm starting afresh with new stationery

GCSEs were awful, trying to juggle so many! I'm glad that I can just focus on four now, it makes it less intense. It'll probably still be stressful at times, but I'll work harder this year than I did in GCSE to make it a bit easier for myself.

Thanks Hopefully my marks in coursework won't have changed - my Product Design teacher sometimes examines work himself so he knows what he's doing, but I guess there's always a small chance of it happening.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh, no more English, Biology, Spanish, R.E, Geography or P.E. Freedom feels good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    I'm staying at my current school, I couldn't even imagine leaving it before Sixth Form! I already know most of the teachers so that gives me a bit of a head start - I don't know my Economics teacher too well but I got to know him a bit in the induction lesson and he seems really good. But I'm starting afresh with new stationery

GCSEs were awful, trying to juggle so many! I'm glad that I can just focus on four now, it makes it less intense. It'll probably still be stressful at times, but I'll work harder this year than I did in GCSE to make it a bit easier for myself.

Thanks Hopefully my marks in coursework won't have changed - my Product Design teacher sometimes examines work himself so he knows what he's doing, but I guess there's always a small chance of it happening.
    I could! And I can't wait! Only one more year to go!
    So which subjects (other than economics) are you doing?
    New stationary is amazing! :ahee:

It'll definitely be stressful! You can be sure of that!

Yeah, I should hope that the teachers know what they're doing! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, no more English, Biology, Spanish, R.E, Geography or P.E. Freedom feel good
    I like biology! Sometimes geography, I'd like Spanish if I did it and RE can be interesting, emphasis on the can!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like biology! Sometimes geography, I'd like Spanish if I did it and RE can be interesting, emphasis on the can!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but 5 years of them is enough for me:lol:

ReputationRep:
    C3! And a remark for History

F.Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French and Geography :yep: (welsh bacc too)
    Hope all goes to plan! That must be A2 History as I'm sure you were doing it last year too!

Nice! You're going to have so many A level at the end of this! :eek:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    :five: We can take revenge on all the now-year twelves who had conversations on our thread!
    :five: Awesome!

(Original post by techno836)
    allowing the most immature y11 on :lol:
    I said youngest, I'm not necessarily the more immature
    Although technically I'm meant to be a Year 10 next year

Pesky Year 11s. Go back to your small and irrelevant GCSEs:fatcontroller:
    Some of us are doing AS' next year though

ReputationRep:
    I could! And I can't wait! Only one more year to go!
    So which subjects (other than economics) are you doing?
    New stationary is amazing! :ahee:

It'll definitely be stressful! You can be sure of that!

Yeah, I should hope that the teachers know what they're doing! I'm sure you'll be fine!
    Well obviously I want to leave when it comes to uni, but I wouldn't want to go to another Sixth Form. My local Grammar (LRGS if you're really interested) flickered through my mind as they get extremely good results generally speaking, but I figured I'd probably prefer the atmosphere at my current school.

Maths, History and Product Design. I'll probably try and take Critical Thinking too, even though it's not accepted by many unis, and probably the EPQ. Not sure on a subject yet but I'll figure it out!

It is I bought a folder and some rubbers off Amazon because I was also buying some books from there - my brother mocked me for it but I didn't really care.

Fun times :P

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Guys we're the first year with no January exams, aren't we? :cry2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.