Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How long did everyone's take to receive an offer since they first sent the application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luccxxx)
    How long did everyone's take to receive an offer since they first sent the application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 days x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luccxxx)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the subject, a friend of mine sent hers off last month but hasn't heard back from them.

Mine got sent off on a Tuesday evening around 7, I got an offer on Thursday morning 12:45 am
    Less than 2 days :ahee: - I woke up to an offer from them

Good luck with yours :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBeAmber)
    I got an offer and it's going to be my first choice, I can feel it in my fingers, I can feel it in my toes!
    Has anyone else received an offer for Journalism?
    Has anyone been declined from Portsmouth?
    I got an offer for Media Studies but got declined for Sociology and Media Studies.
    It's my firm and only choice :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much, I sent mine off yesterday, applying for Sport and Exercise Science. Well done to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off on Friday and got an offer yesterday at 280 for Accounting with Finance , first offer, so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisAitcheson)
    I sent my UCAS off on Friday and got an offer yesterday at 280 for Accounting with Finance , first offer, so happy!
    Congrats!! :o:p:o:p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unibuddy102)
    Got my conditional for sociology with psychology!

I firmed my unconditional offer for this course .

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer last night at 1am for Law and Criminology

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer to do maths- anyone study here??

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer in November to study Sociology (for 280 UCAS points) but haven't got round to posting here until now.
    Portsmouth is probably going to be one of my final two choices. Been to Portsmouth and was quite impressed. Anyone else applying to the same course?

ReputationRep:
    conditional offer for Law with Criminology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahx05)
    Conditional offer to do maths- anyone study here??
    Hey

I studied engineering at Portsmouth. Was a pretty tough course but worked out well in the end.

My advise make friends with everyone on your course so if you need help you have a lot of people to help you

And 1st year just need to pass exams as doesn't count towards degree

2nd year and 3rd year count towards your degree so work your arse off !!!

ReputationRep:
    Film and TV, heard the Uni is pretty poor though so im slightly unsure. BU is my top choice anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reborn a new man)
    Hey

I studied engineering at Portsmouth. Was a pretty tough course but worked out well in the end.

My advise make friends with everyone on your course so if you need help you have a lot of people to help you

And 1st year just need to pass exams as doesn't count towards degree

2nd year and 3rd year count towards your degree so work your arse off !!!
    Hey, may I ask what type of engineering you studied at Portsmouth? Also, how were the facilities / lecturers / content for the course? I've firmed to study the engineering foundation year, and planning on going onto Electronic after it, although my mind may change during the foundation year

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleynetwork)
    Hey, may I ask what type of engineering you studied at Portsmouth? Also, how were the facilities / lecturers / content for the course? I've firmed to study the engineering foundation year, and planning on going onto Electronic after it, although my mind may change during the foundation year

Thanks.
    I studied civils.

The facilities are good but the library computer room is always busy and in exam season the library is jam packed. The library is not 24 hr either.

But generally facilities are good.

Lecturers were very good. But I never really asked lecturers for help , I just used to speak with friends on my course .

Generally it's a good university for engineering

ReputationRep:
    Just got a Conditional Offer for Illustration! Super stoked as I haven't done a foundation and was not expecting any offers.. Says 280 with 240 from 3 A-Levels (no idea what they're on, will ask at school ) Including a B in Art. So that's fine

Anyone know anyone who is doing an Art/Design courses or who have applied there? Never visited Portsmouth.. :')

ReputationRep:
    I know it can take a while for a Uni to reply, but I'm getting really paranoid! I received a conditional offer from my backup Uni, but really want to get into Portsmouth! Has anyone applying for Games Development Tech/Computer Animation heard back? I keep checking my e-mails like every five minutes!

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer for Ba Hons Accounting with Finance, I have to get 280 ucas points from 2 a-levels and a diploma in finance

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer to do Software Engineering.

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.