Turn on thread page Beta

Is so much easier for a man to have an attractive body.. watch

ReputationRep:
    Both genders have it hard, though it's not really about gender. It's about the kind of body you, as an individual, possess - and what you or society thinks is attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    This, it's like they expect king's and queen's for partners.. or rather, the characters of their favourite romcoms/movie stars to come to life. :mmm:
    Yeah I thought that. It's like :lolwut:

The irony being most of these people fail their own criteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I think men have it easier. All they have to do is workout and bang, they have a good body and are considered attractive.

As a woman, there is little I can do to get big boobs and a pretty face and nice arse.
    Work out is not easy. In fact I think its the other way round. All girls have to do is treadmill all day and bam good body. Guys actually have to put effort into weights, its not easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    Work out is not easy. In fact I think its the other way round. All girls have to do is treadmill all day and bam good body. Guys actually have to put effort into weights, its not easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :facepalm2:

No women have to lift weights too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    :facepalm2:

No women have to lift weights too
    Yes true. But just from basic physics, you exert more force if there is more weight. Now assuming the girl wants a slim body not body building, then in terms of overall weight lifted, wouldn't it be less than a male bodybuilder?

I am comparing the typical guy to the typical girl. If we are comparing male and female bodybuilder then my opinion is that it is equal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    Yes true. But just from basic physics, you exert more force if there is more weight. Now assuming the girl wants a slim body not body building, then in terms of overall weight lifted, wouldn't it be less than a male bodybuilder?

I am comparing the typical guy to the typical girl. If we are comparing male and female bodybuilder then my opinion is that it is equal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No but in order to get a typical girls good body you need to weight lift.

If you just run on a treadmill, you'll be thin but you won't have much definition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    No but in order to get a typical girls good body you need to weight lift.

If you just run on a treadmill, you'll be thin but you won't have much definition
    I know. What i'm trying to get at is that guys lift much much heavier than non bodybuilding girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    I know. What i'm trying to get at is that guys lift much much heavier than non bodybuilding girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Difficulty, or ease, lies in the relationship between size+strength, and the amount lifted..

Its not as simple as 'guys lift heavy weights.. so they have it harder'

ReputationRep:
    For your average girl it would take 3/4 months to reach their desired flat toned stomach, thin legs etc

for guys it takes about 5 years to reach the level of muscular size they want from when they first start off.

Unless a women wants to look like a female body builder then her goals are not the same as a mans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Difficulty, or ease, lies in the relationship between size+strength, and the amount lifted..

Its not as simple as 'guys lift heavy weights.. so they have it harder'
    Yes I had thought of that but couldnt be bothered to edit. I guess thats right. But guys at the end of the day want to pack muscle on, whereas girls do not. Surely there is some difference of difficulty there.

And as above has said, yes it takes a guy about 4 years to achieve an ideal body. Im not surw about girls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)
    Yes I had thought of that but couldnt be bothered to edit. I guess thats right. But guys at the end of the day want to pack muscle on, whereas girls do not. Surely there is some difference of difficulty there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Building muscle is tougher imo, you have to really push yourself to the point that you are torturing yourself and then you have to eat enough protein for the muscles to grow. Otherwise you will end up wasting your time if you either don't push yourself in the gym or don't eat enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Building muscle is tougher imo, you have to really push yourself to the point that you are torturing yourself and then you have to eat enough protein for the muscles to grow. Otherwise you will end up wasting your time if you either don't push yourself in the gym or don't eat enough.
    I agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2710)

And as above has said, yes it takes a guy about 4 years to achieve an ideal body. Im not surw about girls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the problem we have with this thread, is its either sex, thinking about what looks good in the other sex... but both are distorted views:

Guys are coming here thinking:

Girls must just be slim, to look good (low standards in the other sex)

Guys looking good = lots of muscles and working out.. (high standards in themselves)

Girls are coming here thinking:

Guys must just do a bit of exercise, dont need to have to much muscles, and dont have to care to much about how they look (low standards in the other sex)

Girls must put tons of work in, both loosing weight, and working on hair/makeup/hair removal (high standards in themselves)

and thats the problem.. both sexes have very very high standards, and expectations of what their own sex must look like, to be attractive.. but are much much less picky (on average) with the other sex..

As a result, both view it to be harder for their own sex to look good..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    For your average girl it would take 3/4 months to reach their desired flat toned stomach, thin legs etc

for guys it takes about 5 years to reach the level of muscular size they want from when they first start off.

Unless a women wants to look like a female body builder then her goals are not the same as a mans
    This fact alone is extremely depressing for any guy. Let's say the guy starts working out at 17, a year before uni. He won't get his desired physique until he is 22, by which time he has left uni and got a job. And that's on the requirement that he nails his lifting, eating and resting for every single day of those 5 years. No wonder so many guys turn to steroids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    How come people say that men have it harder/more is expected when it comes to having a nice body? Any man can have an attractive body by working out/weights and all that. However as a female I train regular but apparantly even though Im toned/strong can never have a superb body because Im flat chested (well size AA). Men don't tend to look at a womans muscles and be attracted its usually the breasts/bum they care about and things that are hard to/impossible to improve. With guys its about muscles which can certainly be improved.

btw Im not sexist or anything like that im just trying to see things as they are and am questioning it. We know that woman have makeup to hide behind and Im not disputing that asI agree but Im asking about the body..

what do you think guys/girls? Opinions?
    Oh right, please go ahead and tell me you think its easy to gain dozens of lbs of lean mass and stay shredded at 8% bf Gtfo...you have no idea

If you want to change ur boobs or bum all you have to do is get surgery. Hell you don't even need that and most guys would still find you attractive

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, no that's all bull****. Not every guy looks for girls with a nice breasts and bum. Plus if a girl is ugly she can put makeup on and look better. If a guy is ugly, he is ugly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    How come people say that men have it harder/more is expected when it comes to having a nice body? Any man can have an attractive body by working out/weights and all that. However as a female I train regular but apparantly even though Im toned/strong can never have a superb body because Im flat chested (well size AA). Men don't tend to look at a womans muscles and be attracted its usually the breasts/bum they care about and things that are hard to/impossible to improve. With guys its about muscles which can certainly be improved.

btw Im not sexist or anything like that im just trying to see things as they are and am questioning it. We know that woman have makeup to hide behind and Im not disputing that asI agree but Im asking about the body..

what do you think guys/girls? Opinions?
    After much thought and consideration, I have decided I would do you a favour and still bang you. Hit me up. No long ting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    the problem we have with this thread, is its either sex, thinking about what looks good in the other sex... but both are distorted views:

Guys are coming here thinking:

Girls must just be slim, to look good (low standards in the other sex)

Guys looking good = lots of muscles and working out.. (high standards in themselves)

Girls are coming here thinking:

Guys must just do a bit of exercise, dont need to have to much muscles, and dont have to care to much about how they look (low standards in the other sex)

Girls must put tons of work in, both loosing weight, and working on hair/makeup/hair removal (high standards in themselves)

and thats the problem.. both sexes have very very high standards, and expectations of what their own sex must look like, to be attractive.. but are much much less picky (on average) with the other sex..

As a result, both view it to be harder for their own sex to look good..
    True but if we compare both high standards, Guys will still have to do a lot more work to build muscle than girls having to lose weight. Not saying girls have it easy but guys do in general have it harder, guys will also have to burn fat to get the muscles showing,

ReputationRep:
    Plus sized models so overweight people can feel better about themselves... funny how only Women need apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    True but if we compare both high standards, Guys will still have to do a lot more work to build muscle than girls having to lose weight. Not saying girls have it easy but guys do in general have it harder, guys will also have to burn fat to get the muscles showing,
    weight and muscles are only 1 part to an attractive body though.. which seems to be often forgotten about on this thread..

- Girls are more likely to have stretch marks, (not that guys dont have these also) -
    - prone to celulite, which can be very very hard to get rid of..
    - have to (by average standards of beuty) spend much longer on hair removal/personal grooming
    - have more emphasis on skin feel/quality/tan (even though I personally, dont agree with this..)

So the whole situation is much more complicated then just saying 'X has it harder'

Which is why in my first post, I tried to explain, through the unfortunate generalisations, the differences, and how both sexes have different parts harder... guys may need to do more difficult physical training.. but girls may require more regular care over parts, and be under a bit more scrutiny of the more sublte parts of their body.. etc... - and both have parts which they cannot change, and you are just born with..

Yet this thread seems to have decended into a load of guys going on about how hard it is to put on muscle.. which on its own, misses the much bigger picture of the different emphasis and subtleties society puts on the different sexes, and what we deem to be attractive and not.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.