Turn on thread page Beta

Leeds Dentistry Applicants 2014 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amb1tion)
    ''Why me? why dentistry?''
    Do you just talk or are you meant to bring some sort of presentation???

ReputationRep:
    No visual or audio aids; just sit on a chair and talk to 2 people at that station. Each one asks a question based on what you said at the end. At the presentation station; it was 1 tutor and 1 senior student last year.
    So you aren't allowed to bring in anything??? It's just talking?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it even says on the letter no visual or audio aids allowed. They just want a 'talk' for 5 minutes. The only thing you're allowed are prompt cards.

Ok

ReputationRep:
    I am so looking forward to the mmi, s at leeds. They should just give me an offer before I go in there ps I have had a couple of shots tonight.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! I'm coming over from Ireland for the interview and I'm just wondering if people know what the best would be to get from Leeds Bradford airport to the city centre! I assume there's buses and stuff? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by still winning)
    I am in Manchester on a 2 day pre dental course so had to leave early. I have phoned home and my letter is nice and safe in my room it came today. I dont know what they want as I had to get hear early in the morning. When you say the tasks seem hard, I am sure your just nervous dont worry we gonna bring the house down fella. I am ready bring them on. I genuinely can not wait.

ooo was this at a hotel in Altrincham? I think I was there too lol.

What date is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toff33popcorn)
    Hey guys, what are Leeds like with re-take applicants? I re-took my AS year and have legit mitigating circumstances that were explained in my reference. But I'm seeing people on here with the same stats as me for GCSEs, work experience and predicted grades get interviews and I've heard nothing. I hope I wasn't looked over because of retaking the year. Can anyone help please?
    When I went on the open day in June they said they were fine with retaking AS modules but not A2. And if you've got legit circumstances then it's probably not because of retaking a year. I didn't retake, have pretty good GCSEs, predicted grades and work experience and haven't heard anything either, so it's probably not because of you retaking, I think it's just because Leeds is insanely hard to get into (it's 13:1 applicationslaces). But doesn't mean you won't get in anywhere else - I've got an interview at King's in a week - but just that you may not get into Leeds for reasons other than your retaking. But you may still get into Leeds, you never know until you hear from them have faith in your application and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The fact that we will be ranked against all the other candidates, based on our overall mark, is making me sick

I don't think I will score highly enough on each station!

Argh I want this so bad!

Good luck to everyone with interviews

Ahh okay. Thank you soo much! You lifted my spirits there for a minute. I guess I'll just wait and see.
    Good luck too and hope your Kings interview goes well! Hope you get what you want

that is not true because i am an A2 resit gap year student having achieved grade B in chemistry and i am resitting chemistry in summer 2014. i have an interview on the 16th dec.

Oh really? I only retook my AS year and I haven't taken any A2 exams before. This is my first year of A2. I guess I'll just wait and see cause I guess its different for everyone.

Thanks though! and Good luck for your interview
    u should be fine as long as u are predicted AAA and ur personal statement is good. have u got any other interviews elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Leeds via UCAS track :eek: One rejection and no interview! So nerve wracking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prada:))
    Rejection from Leeds via UCAS track :eek: One rejection and no interview! So nerve wracking!
    Rejection from Leeds :/ first uni to reply and all so knocked my confidence a bit-good luck to everyone who has an interview!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, what are Leeds like with re-take applicants? I re-took my AS year and have legit mitigating circumstances that were explained in my reference. But I'm seeing people on here with the same stats as me for GCSEs, work experience and predicted grades get interviews and I've heard nothing. I hope I wasn't looked over because of retaking the year. Can anyone help please?
    I retook my AS level year and have two interviews, don't worry you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about being rejected as you guys are probably destined for something bigger and better. Seriously its pure luck who ever got interviews my stats are totally crap and if I told you my low ukcat you would have a right laugh. This will be my 2nd interview. So if it not luck I dont know what it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muz123)
    I retook my AS level year and have two interviews, don't worry you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you take a gap year after or did you just apply if that makes sense? Also do they ask for like the reason etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerasdfzxcv1234)
    Did you take a gap year after or did you just apply if that makes sense? Also do they ask for like the reason etc?
    Nope I'm doing my a2's now
    And I'm not sure if they will ask, my reference mentioned that I had mitigating circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muz123)
    Nope I'm doing my a2's now
    And I'm not sure if they will ask, my reference mentioned that I had mitigating circumstances

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhh thats really good! Well I take you had real mitigating circumstances because usually they are not too keen on retakes apparently. Best of luck in your interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Hey friends, can anybody looking to change their interview time can they ask to change it to the 18th in the afternoon, because they need another 7 people to make the session happen. I'm coming across from Ireland, and unless they have the 7 people to do the circuit they can't hold a session, which means I'll have to do my interview at 8am on Tuesday, which would not be good. Go on! Especially those of you with early interviews & want to change it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerasdfzxcv1234)
    Ohhh thats really good! Well I take you had real mitigating circumstances because usually they are not too keen on retakes apparently. Best of luck in your interviews!
    Yeh they were although apparently Leeds don't look at the reasons behind retakes. Thankyou! Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    rejected through track and gutted. I was predicted reasonable grades as well so i think it was down to my personal statement...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 9, 2014

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.