14.48%
I'm not going to vote (33)
11.11%
Lord Harold
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"Sinn Fein: Terrorists who have accidently become politicians. Never show up for work, not that they would get let in if they did."
MattBerry96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why are people so supportive of UKIP here? I haven't really heard many of their policies apart from the EU and immigration? so can someone fill me in on what they actually believe in?
Mike_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thoyub)
They aren't polling very well. And probably won't have a seat after the next election.
sarcasm
username570910
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Asklepios)
Either Labour or SNP... most likely Labour, although a Labour/SNP coalition would be an exciting prospect. Tories are just disgusting posh English ****ers. Guys look how much better Scotland is with a left-wing government - free university tuition, free prescriptions etc.
And you really think that those policies will continue should Scotland gain independence? The only reason those policies can be afforded are because of the massive subsidies Scotland receives from the central UK government.
bananaminion
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rlove95)
I'm pretty sure I'm going to vote for Labour. None of the parties are perfect but I'm going to pick the lesser of two evils and I feel that the coalition hasn't really done much to help me out. They scrapped EMA, raised tuition fees, pushed all my exams to June, closed down some of the government-run charities around my area,(didn't directly affect me, but saw it affect others) who knows what else they'll do that'll end up causing a negative impact on my life and tbh it seems like it's just as hard as it was before to get a job so i'm really not convinced about either of them. Another five years? No thanks.
They scrapped EMA. Yep. Why? Because it was a ridiculous policy of handing out money to teenagers who didn't need it. I would have benefitted from it;all my older siblings did and it feels unfair. However this doesn't mean it shouldn't have been taken away,it means it should never have been introduced. Now, schools and colleges have bursary, for those who actually seriously need it,not to spend on clothes and phones.

Tuition fees: why should they be only £3k a year, they were ridiculously subsidised. Why is it the govts job to pay for adult education? Things needed to be cut,because of, yes, Labour.

Any government would have done these, don't blame the tories.

Think of all the negative policies Labour want: how about giving parents money so they only see their kids 2 hours per day? Churning out kids from the state education machine.

Just read the papers and you'll see how Labour is NOT your option.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gazzagoalie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Asklepios)
Either Labour or SNP... most likely Labour, although a Labour/SNP coalition would be an exciting prospect. Tories are just disgusting posh English ****ers. Guys look how much better Scotland is with a left-wing government - free university tuition, free prescriptions etc.
All paid for by the English taxpayer...
alex5455
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You think Labour would do a lot better do you?
No
Falcatas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by College_Dropout)
UKIP, BNP in suits.
Utter nonsense. They may be right wing but they are in no sense of the word, fascist.

(Original post by MattBerry96)
Why are people so supportive of UKIP here? I haven't really heard many of their policies apart from the EU and immigration? so can someone fill me in on what they actually believe in?
They claim to be a libertarian party, and while they are certainly more libertarian than the other parties they aren't libertarian enough in my opinion.
You can probably read some of their other policies on their website. I would only really considering voting for them because of their EU policy (leaving it!)
Anna.Karenina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Conservative. I'm a candidate in next year's elections

Posted from TSR Mobile
GHSilver
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Conservative...

Labour are a bunch of pandering populist Marxists who want everyone on benefits and to punish people for doing well. Seriously though, not enough people have even a basic understanding of economics which could potentially destroy our country in the long run.
John Stuart Mill
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Labour / SNP coalition ****ing lold
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Anna.Karenina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, that's impressive! More young people should do things like that.
bananaminion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, how old are you? And where are you standing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anna.Karenina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow, that's impressive! More young people should do things like that.
Thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anna.Karenina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bananaminion)
Wow, how old are you? And where are you standing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 18 - if I get elected I'll be one of the youngest in the country. I'll be running in the Thurrock constituency in Essex. I've already fought a by-election in the ward and I'm on course to take it! It's all very exciting

Posted from TSR Mobile
bananaminion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 18 - if I get elected I'll be one of the youngest in the country. I'll be running in the Thurrock constituency in Essex. I've already fought a by-election in the ward and I'm on course to take it! It's all very exciting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty impressive, but does that not mean you were under 18 when you stood before? Aha one of the swingiest constituencies isn't it, completely the opposite to my 27k majority one! Well good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrDystopia
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow good luck with that!
Mackay
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The fall of the Liberal Democrats is pretty typical of this country's political landscape.

They were caught between a rock and a hard place at the last election, chose to side with the Tories and have since had all the credibility they achieved in the last campaign ruined. The difference between their stature three years ago to now is unbelievable.

I'll probably vote Labour.
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
18's a very young age to be taking bribes and doing dirty deals. I fear for your sanity.
Anna.Karenina
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bananaminion)
Pretty impressive, but does that not mean you were under 18 when you stood before? Aha one of the swingiest constituencies isn't it, completely the opposite to my 27k majority one! Well good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No no I haven't stood before. I stood on the LGC panel interviewing the candidate, and acted as the co-agent.

We were 76 votes away last time, and we made some clear errors; if those errors are fixed or mitigated this time, I should be able to take it!

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads