Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshalos)
    Not sure where it went, but it is back now!
    It's still not there but never mind I've applied for my choices now.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Here's a picture of my room on move-in day of Downland Lodge!- haven't been in Firle before but I think the rooms are blue, from what I can see through the windows!

Attachment 268828

Very tidy Joshalos!
    Thanks for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Brighton)
    Very tidy Joshalos!
    Thanks for sharing!
    It was the first day though!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    It was the first day though!

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what opportunities there are at the Uni Of Brighton, for a DJ like me?

(I have received a conditional offer for Politics & Social Policy, if anyone is interested btw)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi HaydenCR

Are you looking for places to DJ?
    If so, it depends on what type of music you're into. A good place to start finding out about the local music scene is Brighton Source http://brightonsource.co.uk

If you are looking for uni based info -
    There is a uni radio station based at Hastings, BURST http://www.burstradio.co.uk and BURP is run from Moulsecoomb, Brighton, http://www.burstradio.co.uk/burp-based-in-brighton/
    There are some music based societies at the SU too https://www.brightonsu.com/socs_rags/a-to-z/

You might also like to check out radio reverb - http://www.radioreverb.com it's Brighton's community radio station, not for profit and they cover a variety of shows. They accept ideas for new shows too!

Hope that helps
    Viv

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applied for fine art painting at Brighton and I have sent my online portfolio as requested which over a month ago now. When should I exspect if successful to receive an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my offer for pharmacy ! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am back again lol :P

I think I made a big mistake with my accomodation application.
    My course is on Falmer Campus and my first choice is Falmer, but I put my second choice as Varley Park, then third choice Falmer then fourth choice Varley, but Varely campus is half an hour away from my course campus, is that bad? Or would it be feesable living away from the campus I will be studying at? I don't know what I was thinking, and there seems to be no way of changing it?
    And what are my chances of getting my first choice?

Thankyou
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Jennywbu)
    I am back again lol :P

I think I made a big mistake with my accomodation application.
    My course is on Falmer Campus and my first choice is Falmer, but I put my second choice as Varley Park, then third choice Falmer then fourth choice Varley, but Varely campus is half an hour away from my course campus, is that bad? Or would it be feesable living away from the campus I will be studying at? I don't know what I was thinking, and there seems to be no way of changing it?
    And what are my chances of getting my first choice?

Thankyou
    Hi Jennywbu

Don't worry, plenty of students choose live at Varley Park and study at Falmer It is perfectly possible and either place has it's advantages. Transport between the two is also very good and frequent.

If you have any queries about your choices, contact the accommodation team direct, they will be able to advise you. Their contact details are here http://www.brighton.ac.uk/accommodat...php?PageId=140

Best Wishes
    Viv
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ADAOBI123)
    Finally got my offer for pharmacy ! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hip Hip Hooray
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Maddielew)
    Hi I've applied for fine art painting at Brighton and I have sent my online portfolio as requested which over a month ago now. When should I exspect if successful to receive an interview?
    Hi Maddielew

First off, don't worry. This is a very busy time of year especially for art and design applications, so it is not unusual that it can take a little while to hear.

You can contact the course administrator directly to put your mind at ease / ask any questions - [email protected] or 01273 643003.

Good luck!
    Viv

ReputationRep:
    When can we start applying for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for History, English and Culture in a couple of weeks, does anyone have any tips? I assume it's relativity informal so I wouldn't need to dress in a hugely formal way? I'd feel better if I knew what to expect, haha.

ReputationRep:
    When can we start applying for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never mind, I've applied already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awkward moment when 2/3rds of the people 'applying' to Brighton are the own university.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to the Brighton Applicant Day for Business on Wednesday?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Never mind, I've applied already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi ADAOBI123

You can apply once you get an invite after firming Brighton as your first choice - however the deadline for all accommodation is 8th August and there is no advantage to applying early - it is not allocated on a first come first served basis and no accommodation is allocated until after this date.

Still, it's good to get one more job out of the way!
    Best Wishes
    Viv
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cattitude)
    I have an interview for History, English and Culture in a couple of weeks, does anyone have any tips? I assume it's relativity informal so I wouldn't need to dress in a hugely formal way? I'd feel better if I knew what to expect, haha.
    Hi cattitude

My no1 tip is be yourself!
    I think your course is this one ? http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/study/hum...literatures-ba

It's part of the faculty of arts which is a creative place - by all means look your best / smart / yourself but a suit and tie type appearance wouldn't be expected... does that help? Best Wishes Viv

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an EU applicant and I was wondering if anyone might tell me how long it took for you to receive an offer after your interview?

I had my interview last Wednesday and was given an informal offer on the spot but haven't heard back yet... I know it's only been a week but I'm very anxious to receive the actual offer so I can accept it and start preparing for the process of moving to the UK!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.