The Student Room Group

International Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'm Vietnamese, just got an invitation from Warwick today. Waiting to hear from Nott and Bart's
Reply 121
Original post by Willois
I'm Vietnamese, just got an invitation from Warwick today. Waiting to hear from Nott and Bart's

Congrats on Warwick! What's your UCAS tariff and UKCAT if you don't mind me asking? (For Bart's)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by Willois

Hey! I'm Korean but I live in Vietnam! Do you live in Vietnam as well? congrats on getting your interview! :biggrin:
Reply 123
Original post by franngu
Congrats on Warwick! What's your UCAS tariff and UKCAT if you don't mind me asking? (For Bart's)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a graduate in June so UCAS tariff doesn't apply to me in case of Bart's. UKCAT score I got 747.5 ave.

@Madgene: Wow, it would be surprising to even find a Vietnamese here, yet you are a Korean living in Vietnam. Nice to meet you :biggrin: I'm from Hanoi btw
Reply 124
Original post by Willois
I'm a graduate in June so UCAS tariff doesn't apply to me in case of Bart's. UKCAT score I got 747.5 ave.

@Madgene: Wow, it would be surprising to even find a Vietnamese here, yet you are a Korean living in Vietnam. Nice to meet you :biggrin: I'm from Hanoi btw

Yeah I thought so too :biggrin: I live in HCM :smile: I've been to hanoi, loved how they have this cool weather compared to HCMC!
Reply 125
Singaporean applicant to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Bart's & Queen's Belfast.

Just had my Bart's interview today (they came to Singapore) and I didn't do too well tbh, I think my nerves got the better of me. I was perpetually out of breath and too anxious! Did anyone else go for the interview earlier today?

Queens belfast interview is coming up on 29 jan in singapore, and the aberdeen interview for international students is held on 1 Mar in KL (previous poster is correct). Does anyone have a first choice among the four though?
Reply 126
Original post by JamesHoKS
Singaporean applicant to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Bart's & Queen's Belfast.

Just had my Bart's interview today (they came to Singapore) and I didn't do too well tbh, I think my nerves got the better of me. I was perpetually out of breath and too anxious! Did anyone else go for the interview earlier today?

Queens belfast interview is coming up on 29 jan in singapore, and the aberdeen interview for international students is held on 1 Mar in KL (previous poster is correct). Does anyone have a first choice among the four though?

My first choice would be Bart's. Congrats on ALL your interviews btw! You must be a really strong applicant. I'm also from Singapore. I got rejected by Bart's. Do you mind me asking what your UCAS tariff and UKCAT was? I was so sure my scores would be high enough :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those who went to interview for Sheffield at KL last week, have you heard anything?
Reply 128
Original post by franngu
My first choice would be Bart's. Congrats on ALL your interviews btw! You must be a really strong applicant. I'm also from Singapore. I got rejected by Bart's. Do you mind me asking what your UCAS tariff and UKCAT was? I was so sure my scores would be high enough :frown:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I think my chances for Bart's are slim after today.. Edinburgh's my first choice

My ukcat was 777. What's yours and how do you calculate the ucas tariff? And what other schools did you apply to? :smile:
Original post by ukmed108
Well I would say that you shouldn't have applied to Newcastle because they have strict cutoffs for UKCAT and they really like high i think they are usually 660 every year.

How come I haven't heard from them yet though, if my UKCAT was so bad? Its actually driving me nuts D:
Reply 130
Hi, I am a Canadian applicant still waiting to hear back from southampton. has anyone heard from there yet?

UKCAT: 2780

rejected: Glasgow, manchester, Birmingham
Original post by shoj
Hi, I am a Canadian applicant still waiting to hear back from southampton. has anyone heard from there yet?

UKCAT: 2780

rejected: Glasgow, manchester, Birmingham

Do you know why Bham rejected you? I got rejected too and I was furious because it was for the stupidest reason :/
Hi guys!

If anyone of you applied for Aberdeen, they have finished sending out all the interview and will be sending out all rejections by the end of the week. Sorry for the bad news, hope this brings you some closure.

Sigh. :frown: Good luck with everything else!
Hi I'm a Canadian applicant and I received an interview from Leicester today for February 18th !! I thought It was a lost cause but just keep your heads up and keep moving forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Original post by goodluck96
Hi guys!

If anyone of you applied for Aberdeen, they have finished sending out all the interview and will be sending out all rejections by the end of the week. Sorry for the bad news, hope this brings you some closure.

Sigh. :frown: Good luck with everything else!

Actually, according to their twitter they still DO have a small number of places left. Nothing is certain until the end of this week.
Original post by myrza
Actually, according to their twitter they still DO have a small number of places left. Nothing is certain until the end of this week.

Yea I emailed the head of admissions and she she had a small number of invites left, but when I called her she said they were sending out rejections now for everyone. And that there are definitely no more spots for international students.
Reply 136
Hey, you guys know if Barts and Nott still have slots for int'l interviews?
Original post by Willois
Hey, you guys know if Barts and Nott still have slots for int'l interviews?

I'm also a graduate applicant, also waiting to hear back from Barts. Apparently they've sent out the first batch. There's still a second batch for interviews in February. I expect we'd most likely hear before the end of January?
Reply 138
Just met my Cambridge offer of A*AA so now it is unconditional following the results day for CIE A levels yesterday at the 24th of January! I can now withdraw from all my other 3 choices

Good luck to all and your applications!
Original post by Bomb
Just met my Cambridge offer of A*AA so now it is unconditional following the results day for CIE A levels yesterday at the 24th of January! I can now withdraw from all my other 3 choices

Good luck to all and your applications!

Congratulations on the amazing accomplishment, well deserved !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending