Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester United v Sunderland, Captial One Cup Semi-Final Second Leg (1-2) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    LOooool! But Sunderland fully deserved that.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't laugh and had to try and be somewhat supportive cause my older brother was watching the match as well and he's a United fan. And he was raging. I was so scared. The guy was going berserk. Had to go upstairs and let it all out :rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty hilarious. Still though it was deserved imo, United just defended for 95% of the game.
    Doesn't matter too much, either team would probs get smashed by City.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO

Genuinely feel sorry for Moyes, I actually think ManU wanted to go out on purpose to avoid City....

ReputationRep:
    Would've been harsh on Sunderland tbf. Although a small part of me did wonder if it would be better to see Man U get thrashed by City in the final. Ah well congrats to Sunderland!

I'd like to see city win as much this year as possible since I really like the way they are playing right now tbh, so I'll be rooting for them in the final I think, but I don't think Sunderland will disgrace themselves by any means.

Still got a smile on my face ATM mind. Best team won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    That was pretty hilarious. Still though it was deserved imo, United just defended for 95% of the game.
    This. It just didn't feel like Man United were dominating at all lol Sunderland looked more like the home team:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    LMAO

Genuinely feel sorry for Moyes, I actually think ManU wanted to go out on purpose to avoid City....
    no, they didn't. They were just horrible, probably the worst United performance I have seen in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why Welbeck, januzaj and jones were the first three.... None of them can shoot or have composure. The lads I watched it with predicted all the Man utd penalties.
    Should have been Fletcher, Evra and Valencia to start with...

ReputationRep:
    That's not really true, though.

We had better chances than them. De Gea did nothing all night, apart from mess up the easiest 'save' he'll ever make in his career. I can't believe we didn't win this. They had a decent amount of possession nearer the end, but did nothing with it.

The awful penalties are on us, but we should have won this in normal time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    oh come on! you can't blame Moyes for those god awful pens from the United players:facepalm2:
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    Can't put all the blame on him, he didn't miss all those penalties.

No not soley for that exact reason. It's a combination of things since he took the helm. This is just the icing on the **** cake that is united.

Time for him to go. I'd do a better job than him. You ****ing would!

ReputationRep:
    no, they didn't. They were just horrible, probably the worst United performance I have seen in a long time.
    The pens were horrific!
    Welbeck can't shoot
    Januzaj inexperienced
    Jones? I just lol'd when he came...
    Rafeal..........

ReputationRep:
    It will be all good when we win champs league....a lot to ask but gotta hope #staypositive

I do also question the penalty takers...why valencia didnt take one i dunno...even hernandez...but they claimed he had cramp...welbeck looks like he has cramp permanently tbh so probs wouldve done better than his effort....

ReputationRep:
    Can't blame Moyes for awful finishing, De Gea deciding to be **** and poor penalties.

Players have to take the blame for that. I'm one of the loudest Moyes out people as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    That's not really true, though.

We had better chances than them. De Gea did nothing all night, apart from mess up the easiest 'save' he'll ever make in his career. I can't believe we didn't win this. They had a decent amount of possession nearer the end, but did nothing with it.

The awful penalties are on us, but we should have won this in normal time.
    They dominated even if it was blunt domination. I don't think any team that sits back and defends for pretty much the whole game deserves to win on the basis of a few counter attacks. What teams deserve doesn't matter though, end of the day Sunderland won which is fair enough.

You probably should have undeservedly won if it wasn't for De Gea though. People will poorly troll about him now, *cough* Zurich *cough* but he's still a good GK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    The pens were horrific!
    Welbeck can't shoot
    Januzaj inexperienced
    Jones? I just lol'd when he came...
    Rafeal..........
    Complete and utter shambles this United team. Did Welbeck muster any decent shot at goal today or gave an assist? criminal from a united player absolutely criminal. A lot of people give Moyes the stick but what more could he have done today?

ReputationRep:
    They dominated even if it was blunt domination. I don't think any team that sits back and defends for pretty much the whole game deserves to win on the basis of a few counter attacks. What teams deserve doesn't matter though, end of the day Sunderland won which is fair enough.

You probably should have undeservedly won if it wasn't for De Gea though. People will poorly troll about him now, *cough* Zurich *cough* but he's still a good GK.
    The team that makes the best chances 'deserves' to win the game. We made enough chances to win. Poor finishing and awful keeping has cost us.

Having a lot of possession means nothing if you can't create anything.

De Gea will get stick and rightly so. He's been good this year, but there's no excuse for that. He holds on to that and we win the match.

ReputationRep:
    Can't blame Moyes for awful finishing, De Gea deciding to be **** and poor penalties.

Players have to take the blame for that. I'm one of the loudest Moyes out people as well.
    Quite right there. We are struggling for players at the moment, and the players we do have are just not performing, especially Hernandez and Welbeck who just seem inadequate for the job.

ReputationRep:
    The team that makes the best chances 'deserves' to win the game. We made enough chances to win. Poor finishing and awful keeping has cost us.

Having a lot of possession means nothing if you can't create anything.

De Gea will get stick and rightly so. He's been good this year, but there's no excuse for that. He holds on to that and we win the match.
    If you say so. I take more into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    We sat back and defended out of necessity, not because of tactics. We didn't have the quality to keep possession further up the pitch.

Carrick, Fletcher and Valencia are abysmal players and they let Sunderland have 54% possession on our home turf.

Evans, Jones and Smalling aren't good enough at distributing from the back, there was one moment early in the first half when Evans was being pressured on the ball and he made a really weird pass behind Smalling that put us under even more pressure. I think that summed up our night.

ReputationRep:
    You can't have watched many United games this season then :lol:

United were solid, they deserved the win, i mean it's pretty impressive that they stopped Sunderland from having 1 shot on goal until the 128th minute... Smalling and Evans were quality, Smalling especially. Didn't put a foot wrong, and nor did the team defensively. They were unlucky, but going forward they are toothless as ****. That's their problem there. Januzaj apart, there was no ambition. Rooney/RVP are so important to get back. And to be fair, if they play like they did today when RVP/Rooney and seemingly Mata joins, United will come good.

Why is Mata being sold though? Makes no sense, i don't understand why Mourinho doesn't at least loan him out just for the WC sake, and the strengthening bit, but selling over the long term makes such little sense.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 23, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.