Reply 121
Original post by trendywendymark
What is the EQ again?

EQ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by trendywendymark
What is the EQ again?

Oh evaluation so the conclusion and q for quality of assessment, so the spelling, grammar, sourcing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enquiry question, I know it's not 3 which is really annoying cus my whole EPQ was about desertification.
Reply 124
Original post by allyz04
Do we have to have a titled sub conclusion? My teacher gave us an A* report without them and so questioned it's necessity. Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they are necessary. But I think that they help me because I kind of already like sections and case studies, which would help me in the final conclusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wait, it's number 4, I mean what is the focus of the report again
how is everyone remembering their reports?? and is everyone okay with the timing...
Reply 127
Is anyone doing aid or like food banks as a case study? Would anyone share ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it just me that has a major issue with time management in this unit!?

Any tips on how to use 90 minutes sparingly?
what is the purpose of a SUB CONCLUSION???? someone help -.-
Original post by recurring500
Is it just me that has a major issue with time management in this unit!?

Any tips on how to use 90 minutes sparingly?

i think thats the problem with everyone!!!!!
Reply 131
Our teacher has focussed on supply and accessibility rather than production and distribution strategies. Do you think this is an issue? I'm getting worried!

I'm using:
RURAL STRATEGIES
Green Revolution in India (unsuccessful and unsustainable)
Seed Sharing Solution in India (successful and sustainable)

URBAN STRATEGIES
Cuba's Urban Gardening revolution (successful and arguably sustainable)
Food banks in the UK (unsustainable and not largely successful)

Is this okay?
Original post by joshch
Our teacher has focussed on supply and accessibility rather than production and distribution strategies. Do you think this is an issue? I'm getting worried!

I'm using:
RURAL STRATEGIES
Green Revolution in India (unsuccessful and unsustainable)
Seed Sharing Solution in India (successful and sustainable)

URBAN STRATEGIES
Cuba's Urban Gardening revolution (successful and arguably sustainable)
Food banks in the UK (unsustainable and not largely successful)

Is this okay?

Hi this is perfectly fine! Although part of food supply is ensuring effective distribution the report is focussing on actual strategies to help increase the punt of food produced in the first place and as to whether this is sustainable.

I wouldn't recommend the last case study of food banks in England. This helps decrease food insecure but is it really Strategy that increases food suppl?

Good luck! Off to get my fix of Revsion caffeine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Thank you for your reply. I am reassured that what i've drafted and memorised is correct and worthy of my desired grade.

I've used food banks as an unsuccessful example to contrast with the success of urban gardening. It works nicely in writing!

Thanks for your help. Tell me about it...coffee on tap
Reply 134
Hii,

What are the chances of the title being something along the lines of 'NOT ALL WAYS OF INCREASING FOOD SUPPLY ARE SUSTAINABLE. DISCUSS.(70)' this is the title my teacher gave, and I did really well in that mock essay, so was thinking of trying to memorise this.

For the mock we did in January on last years paper, I found the best way to revise was to write out each section/paragraph onto 1/2 a page of A4 card a day or two before the exam. Then I read through and highlighted each card so it sunk in. It seemed to work as I could remember most of the content, however I was pretty sure what the title was going to be. For this exam obviously we don't know..

What are all of your predictions for the questions? :tongue:
Reply 135
Original post by DK160
Hii,

What are the chances of the title being something along the lines of 'NOT ALL WAYS OF INCREASING FOOD SUPPLY ARE SUSTAINABLE. DISCUSS.(70)' this is the title my teacher gave, and I did really well in that mock essay, so was thinking of trying to memorise this.

For the mock we did in January on last years paper, I found the best way to revise was to write out each section/paragraph onto 1/2 a page of A4 card a day or two before the exam. Then I read through and highlighted each card so it sunk in. It seemed to work as I could remember most of the content, however I was pretty sure what the title was going to be. For this exam obviously we don't know..

I'm using a similar method to learn the content. Just make sure you know at least 4 case studies in lots of detail.

I'm predicting a question along the lines of:

‘Increasing food supply will only be achieved through sustainable strategies’

or even simpler

Strategies to increase global food supply have different degrees of sustainability. Discuss.
Reply 136
Original post by DK160
Hii,

Yeah my one is similar. I think that questions would be good.

Some mine are:

'Strategies to ensure food supply meet demand is unlikely to be sustainable' Discuss

My teacher thinks rising demand could be part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 137
Original post by lala121
Yeah my one is similar. I think that questions would be good.

Some mine are:

'Strategies to ensure food supply meet demand is unlikely to be sustainable' Discuss

My teacher thinks rising demand could be part of the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, she also gave us some more obscure ones which I might try today, and pray these don't actually come up..

1. The sustainability of small scale methods to increase food supply Is questionable. Discuss.
2. Unless the rising demand for food is managed, increasing food supply will remain unsustainable. Discuss.
3. To what extent do you agree with the view that employing science and technology is the only way to ensure a sustainable supply of food in the 21st century.
Original post by DK160
Yeah, she also gave us some more obscure ones which I might try today, and pray these don't actually come up..

1. The sustainability of small scale methods to increase food supply Is questionable. Discuss.
2. Unless the rising demand for food is managed, increasing food supply will remain unsustainable. Discuss.
3. To what extent do you agree with the view that employing science and technology is the only way to ensure a sustainable supply of food in the 21st century.

A question like the above three better not come up!
Middle one makes no sense whatsoever. 3 is also farcical as nearly any strategy employed will involve technology- which on a small-scale would be either appropriate or intermediate. Number one is too specific as well....
Reply 139
Do you guy think it would be good enough if i used 2 Case Studies each or 3 if i set out my report by Global, National and Local Levels.

Global: Green Revolution
Global: Aqauculture (or GM Crops)

NationalHydrophonics
National:Premaculture

Local: LEAF
Local: Urban Growing Tower ( London) or Alternative Crops

Quick Reply

Latest