Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Meat eaters, defend your position Watch

ReputationRep:
    Because it's delicious
    http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...1/gifs_201.gif
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Meat makes me happy
    But i dont get enough of it. Like today i only had 2 wings. when i wanted a drumstick and a steak for dinner.

It also going to come in handy when building muscle mass and it is easier then having a million veg just to have the same amount of protein as a piece of steak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because we have four sharp teeth made for it. We wouldn't have evolved to have them if we didn't need them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    We have proper brains, and sentience. Animals (on the whole) have no moral code. What animals do should be of no concern to us.
    We are animals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I like bacon.
    And salami.
    And burgers.
    And KFC.

What can I say?

Mmm . . . Bacon . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have meat on and off. It tastes nice, but the health benefits of not eating it outweighed it for me in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Because YOLO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndtimeuniboy)
    Bacon... Enough said

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahaha this. :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It tastes nice.

I have no moral reason to eat meat, it's not like I am killing them. It is like stepping on a dead fly.

It is not like we kill ad eat animals on sight. My "meat eating" friends have pets and love them so much.

Also the term meat eaters makes us sound like savages. I prefer meatatarian.

Vegetarians would you prefer to be a:

Meat eating animal rights leader
    Or
    Vegetarian animal abuser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    We are animals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure we are! But we are also more than animals. We can reason and empathise!

ReputationRep:
    Bacon. Enough said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Sure we are! But we are also more than animals. We can reason and empathise!
    How do you know for certain other species of animal cannot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goape)
    Because YOLO
    I was a vegan until I read this comment. By far the best reason I've ever heard to eat meat. Repped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May95)
    You can get minerals and vitamins so easily from other foods.. Vegetarians on average live 7 years longer than meat eaters : )
    Conveniently ignores the other factors taken over averages, such as the fact vegans and vegetarians tend to be middle-class and up, whereas meat eaters (I.E. everyone else) include pretty much all of the poorer and thus less healthier demographics.

Give me a third world vegetarian society and I'll probably outlive most of them, with my meat intake and all.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    no.
    Actually plants respire like all higher level organisms. That is why they take in CO2 and put out Oxygen, and have stoma on their leaves to allow atmospheric gasses to reach the internal cells.

ReputationRep:
    i enjoy the taste and i've been raised since birth eating it so its just a part of my lifestyle now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    our digestive system is finely tuned to eat meat. vegetarians are deficient in many minerals, vitamins etc.
    A vegetarian can actually get every mineral, vitamin etc they need without eating meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Because we have four sharp teeth made for it. We wouldn't have evolved to have them if we didn't need them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are LOADS of things we don't need in our body, the appendix for example.

http://www.amazingposts.com/2008/08/...dont-need.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    our digestive system is finely tuned to eat meat. vegetarians are deficient in many minerals, vitamins etc.
    Can you name a single mineral, amino acid or vitamin which a typical vegetarian cannot obtain through a reasonably balanced diet?

ReputationRep:
    People who say they aren't killing the animal, whilst this is true, it's still contributing too and condoning it.

Being a healthy vegan/vegetarian can be costly, but to simply cut meat/dairy out of your life, would be cheaper (and bad for your health obviously).

A lot of third world countries rely a great lot on their crops, grains, vegetables etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Ethically, I'm afraid I can't defend it. I admit that I prioritise my own preferences over my scruples, at least when it comes to animals. That said, I try to minimise my impact on animal cruelty: I eat free range where I can and often have vegetarian meals. I don't feel that a person should have to be able to 'defend' everything he does. If that were the case, you would constantly be trying to justify every choice you make because someone in the world would no doubt take issue with it.
    +Repped - this is my own view on the matter (put more eloquently than I could have done).

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.