Things you do which are socially "frowned upon"? Watch

syrettd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Magistl)
Point out the obvious when my friends fail to see it. They need emotional support and not how to fix the problem? Pfft!
LOL, I've done this. Offered a useful solution and got a weird look and I'm left thinking 'Oh, you weren't really looking for an answer to your problem then?'
Jordooooom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Masturbate on Chatroulette
sparkyreads
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i read :eek: a lot :eek: IN PUBLIC! :eek::eek:
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by syrettd)
LOL, I've done this. Offered a useful solution and got a weird look and I'm left thinking 'Oh, you weren't really looking for an answer to your problem then?'
It's just the worst isn't it?
syrettd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Magistl)
It's just the worst isn't it?
It confuses me. I don't mind offering emotional support, but if I can also offer someone a logical answer that will fix things, isn't that even better than a hug and a lot of nodding along to everything they say?
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by syrettd)
It confuses me. I don't mind offering emotional support, but if I can also offer someone a logical answer that will fix things, isn't that even better than a hug and a lot of nodding along to everything they say?
Likewise. I've always favoured those who decide to choose logic and reasoning over emotions - perhaps due to childhood threats influenced by emotion and biased rumours - although, it's undeniable that the odd hug and a concerning visage never harms anyone. What frustrates me greatly is when you offer a logical solution at the correct time and others stare at you as if you just spat on a corpse. (Best example I could think of, truly.)
SHOO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Once I walked from were I live to South Kensington. Alone. I did it because I enjoy walking. I did it as an adventure. It took be five hours. I got there, had a waffle from wafflemiester and took a train home.

It was one of the best days out
lauren64x
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by redferry)
Surely that's mainly the South of the country? People in/around Leeds are fairly chatty.

For me it is definitely being overly friendly and not holding back at all with what I say to people...
Agreed, obviously Leeds is the place to be
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by KESEdwards)
Arguing that "it's not worse than this so it's not bad" isn't really valid, although I'd say that making a picture your dp is not half as bad as making it your wallpaper. Making it so that every time you open your phone you see a picture of yourself is really strange for me, and undoubtedly vain.

I'm not saying it's an issue because it's affecting other people or causing harm as you're arguing against; it's just moist.
Perhaps - but I look bloody good in it. :cool:
Accalia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like to wash my hair with just water, no shampoo, every now and again.
ssupernova
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like skipping to places it's just much more fun and less pressure on the balls of the feet
Unconventional.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Going to the local shops in my jim jams (why do people find that so offensive? If I'm just nipping the corner shop what is the point in getting changed??). Swearing loudly in public. Being blunt - I tell people things how it is, not everyone likes that though. Skipping outdoors (someone said that already - I do it too!!). Talking about sex, prejudice, mental illness etc - I'm not crude, but I think talking about 'taboo' subjects is important (obviously depends on the context). Probably loads of other things too.
Lilyghz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a girl and sometimes I wake up feeling like dressing up in just jeans, a t-shirt and some trainers and other times I wake up feeling like dressing up all girly.. I suppose it's not really frowned upon but it's something I get judged for a lot because I don't dress just one certain way..
Madisonrose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Telling the truth when someone asks me how I am.
Going shopping on my own.
Eating on my own.
Dressing in a bit of a weird way

Posted from TSR Mobile
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bashur)
I used to skip around places. It is surprisingly quick and isn't tiring, plus you don't make a lot of noise. People stared at me but it's fine because I get to places quicker without being all sweaty.

*Skips away*
omg I do this around my house. you're right it's so quick and silent.
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SHOO)
Going to the cinema alone to watch a movie is actually so much better than going with someone. The other week I asked if anyone wanted to watch a film and no one was up for it, they would rather stay home and do something else so off I went and enjoyed the movie so much more.

You can eat what you want, sit where you want, leave when you want to, watch what you want to.. It's just so much better.

Why is it socially unacceptable to watch a movie alone =_= why do people feel obliged to take someone with them, to sit in silence with :/
(Original post by askew116)
I can't remember the last time I went to the cinema with someone. The whole point of the cinema is that it's meant to be immersive, leaving you lost in the movie and possibly in your own thoughts. How on earth do people think it's a group activity?? I went just a couple of days ago and was the only one who was on my own.
I used to love going to the cinema alone until i was laughed at for doing so one day and for the past 10 years I've felt too embarrased to go alone again. Because I have no friends this means I haven't been to the cinema for 10 years
(Original post by Stinkum)
I don't care about social customs.
WGR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To answer your question, probably being a male who painted his bathroom pink with matching pink towels. Dad asked me if I was gay after seeing it. It's just a colour man.
Blazar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There seem to be a trend for making completely inappropriate jokes at my school (recent examples include people calling each other homophobic and/or transphobic slurs for the hell of it, a posh millionaire's daughter making a joke about the disability I have TWO FEET AWAY FROM ME, and an irritating chav saying that a guy on drugs falling down the stairs in a film "looked like he was disabled"). If anyone tries to make an inappropriate joke out of a serious issue like that, I will call them out on it and keep countering their arguments until they either acknowledge their mistake or storm off in a huff. Apparently that's not the "done thing", but I feel that if nobody challenges harmful beliefs then they'll just be passed on to the next generation and become "normal".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed