Aqa French exam on 15th May! Watch

BuddingAchiever
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laura05Apple)
I put subjunctive too... And there was one that was 'depuis' so I used the present form but I can't remember what verb it was with..

connaitre
talkbiology
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BuddingAchiever)
What did people put for the last section of the listening with the french vs american parenting?
Basically, all the ones that said French parenting was better than American parenting were true.. oh and the last one, about French people being surprised by the book
Rosie9876
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am really relieved to hear other people found the reading hard. Some of the questions were just evil and seemed to be begging to trip everyone up (especially the gap fill with nothing but verbs!!?) I'm hoping I got some marks in the essay but I'm worried. I did the question on alcohol but it was split into 2 questions - the first one I made 4 points and second I made 2. In total 6 is a lot of points but I'm panicking I didn't answer each question equally. Did anyone else do this essay?
talkbiology
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Razzamataz179)
I put créer for the one just below that, because I thought it would make sense "blah blah blah to create a working environment" or something along those lines.

Also the Cloze test, fairly sure one of them stayed in the infinitive, and there was one that was "reguilère"

There was also suivre and vieille
BuddingAchiever
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wrote 5 pages for writing and I know that it's quality over quantity but I really elaborated over the points I mentioned... I think for I mentioned 3 negative aspects and 3 reasons why teens continue to use them.... but I still don't know whether that'll cover the content marks
talkbiology
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I put 2 for ND, the one about spending time together as family (not sure about this one... and the last one about drinking wine more often at dinner). Cloze test.... as far as I can remember,

né,
en choisissant,
ait,
connaît,
débuté,
obtenu,
amoureuse,
vieille,
régulière (probably made this up)

But I can't remember everything else
How do you remember all of those?? Haha I think suivre was one of them too
BuddingAchiever
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by talkbiology)
How do you remember all of those?? Haha I think suivre was one of them too

Oh of course!! And it's becuase everyone in my french class were asking me about the cloze test
James255
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rosie9876)
I am really relieved to hear other people found the reading hard. Some of the questions were just evil and seemed to be begging to trip everyone up (especially the gap fill with nothing but verbs!!?) I'm hoping I got some marks in the essay but I'm worried. I did the question on alcohol but it was split into 2 questions - the first one I made 4 points and second I made 2. In total 6 is a lot of points but I'm panicking I didn't answer each question equally. Did anyone else do this essay?
Yes, I did the alochol essay question as well. For the first part, I talked about alcohol causing memory problems and I also talked about violence. In the second part I said that the government should use adverts to warn teens about the dangers and the other paragraph saying that parents and teachers should discourage alcohol use too.
talkbiology
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmaappleton)
for those of you who did the phone essay, what points did you make? I said that young people are exposed to pedophiles, cyber bullying, they can become addicted, distracted from their school work, and they can put pressure on their parents to buy latest models which can cause arguments. Then I said that they continue to use phones because they can contact parents on a night out, they can talk to friends, helps them relax by listening to music and playing games and I can't remeber my last point. I chucked in a couple subjunctive and some anecdotes but I don't think my vocab or accuracy was that good I wrote 6 sides though so hopefully content will be higher.
I said: health problems (lack of exercise, sleeping disorders, brain problems), cyber bullying, distraction from schoolwork and becoming less sociable; and for the second part, peer pressure, contacting parents/friends and games/music/internet/photos. 6 sides!?!? Wtf I wrote 3 and thought that was loads ahaha
talkbiology
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lia957)
oh dear, I answered in English because the questions were in English

...actually I don't even remember anymore hahahahah
Yeah the one where the questions were in English you answered in English
Nandosfood
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So I made an unofficial markscheme with the help from everyone who posted here, just so it's all in one place. Please help add to it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post47605524
talkbiology
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought the reading was much harder than usual but looking through the forum it looks like everyone else felt the same. The listening was okay and I LOVED the phone essay. It was almost identical to one that had come up a couple of years ago and which I did as a practice? Absolutely love new technologies.
The verb fill question was mean. The ones I can remember are "créer une ambiance", "les hommes devraient se raser", "les cravates vont disparaitre" or something, "aborder la question", "servir d'un exemple".."insister" was one of them but I can't remember which..

For the wedding question I put gifts, bride's outfit, groom's outfit, photographs, flowers..
For the french/american one it was really biased, basically all the ones which said that French parenting was better than American parenting were true, and the one about French people being surprised...
né, choisissant, réguliere (obtuse accent on that second e), vieille, ait, suivre, connait (circumflex on i) all ring a bell for the grammar one
OH and the worst one..the first answer on the sport/health campaign one I think was true because adolescentes was in the feminine form so it just meant that young girls didn't do enough sport..
The reality TV one was easy enough, although I wasn't sure about Nadine's, guessed at first, but I ended up getting them by process of elimination.
The holidays listening question was nice, the things that were forbidden were l'alcool, les portables et les produits laitiers, I remember something about a castle and a tent but nothing else. The very first question was so ironic with the dangers of mp3 players..
daisyclough
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi guys!
this thread has made me feel soooo much better i had a mental breakdown when i came out. I thought the listening defo made me think and the reading was varied, the teachers question was mad!!! The essays were also good but my incredibly rushed conclusion and unbalanced second half might kill me a bit! feel so sorry for AS students who sat that the first time, i think my head would have dropped off if i had that last year
eggz95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wrote 5 pages for writing and I know that it's quality over quantity but I really elaborated over the points I mentioned... I think for I mentioned 3 negative aspects and 3 reasons why teens continue to use them.... but I still don't know whether that'll cover the content marks
I think I wrote the same amount as you, hopefully as a resit the content is good enough
Reading section was stupidly hard but listening was ok, so hopefully an A for me (if the boundaries by AQA are lower than usual)
We went through it with our teacher and for one of the stupid verb ones, he didn't know the answer but we had all guessed ok so hopefully August will be good!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
James255
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
MrMusicLTD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you know for the V/F/ND question, did anyone put false where it said has the sales of prepared goods gone up by 20%? Also, where it said something about them drinking less at home, was that not true? And the one where it asked if the French spend more time or something with their family - was that ND? Because I seriously don't remember the text mentioning an increase.
tashy_123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found the paper okay, did anyone else do the essay on friendship?
MrMusicLTD
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm hoping to God they'll be quite low!! This exam is definitely the hardest one I've come across in comparison to the other AQA past papers, and I would know because I literally did every single paper from 2008 and onwards.
SvLy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMusicLTD)
I'm hoping to God they'll be quite low!! This exam is definitely the hardest one I've come across in comparison to the other AQA past papers, and I would know because I literally did every single paper from 2008 and onwards.
Yh I agree with you. I genuinely hope that the grade boundaries will be quite low.
James255
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMusicLTD)
Yes this one was really hard. I did a few past papers including the 2009 one, and I couldn't believe how easy the 2009 one was. I feel like I've made so many mistakes on this one though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?