AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May Watch

2014_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by georgecarsley)
if insoluble salts comes up as the 6mark question i am screwed
I thought that until I sat down and learnt the process of insoluble salts and Salts from Insoluble bases in 10 minutes>

Insoluble Salts: You literally mix two appropriate solutions of an ions and a precipitate is formed. This can then be removed for many reasons such as softening hard water.

Insoluble Bases (Soluble Salts): You add the metal oxide/hydroxide into the acid until no more will form. You filter this solution to get rid of the excess metal oxide/hydroxide that didn't react. Then, evaporate the final solution to get rid of the water and you have the salt crystals.
Student 977
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone got an easy way of learning the tests and results for positive and negative ions?
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by unidentified123)
How long did it roughly take you guys to recap over c2 and c3??????
Like half an hour for C3, not done C2 yet
Posted from TSR Mobile
cenation leader
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
an insoluble salt method is using litmus paper and universal indicator you idiot.. why you telling us the wrong answer prick
unidentified123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Winading001)
Less than an hour for C2.
Oh okay cool.
cenation leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 2014_GCSE)
I thought that until I sat down and learnt the process of insoluble salts and Salts from Insoluble bases in 10 minutes>

Insoluble Salts: You literally mix two appropriate solutions of an ions and a precipitate is formed. This can then be removed for many reasons such as softening hard water.

Insoluble Bases (Soluble Salts): You add the metal oxide/hydroxide into the acid until no more will form. You filter this solution to get rid of the excess metal oxide/hydroxide that didn't react. Then, evaporate the final solution to get rid of the water and you have the salt crystals.
wrong
unidentified123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by majmuh24)
Like half an hour for C3, not done C2 yet
Posted from TSR Mobile
I still haven't gone over C3, just about to.
vish.handa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by unidentified123)
How long did it roughly take you guys to recap over c2 and c3??????
With dog I wrote out brief notes today from 12:20 and I've pretty much finished with breaks in between

Posted from TSR Mobile
2014_GCSE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cenation leader)
wrong
Urh, how so?
vish.handa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Student 977)
Has anyone got an easy way of learning the tests and results for positive and negative ions?
No way except just learning them, I found positive easier to learn than negative and Cgp book helps for this, for metal ions with Naoh you only need to know the 3 coloured ones and that aluminium dissolves with excess. Make sure when learning the negatives you remember which acid goes with which, dilute HCl with barium chloride for testing for sup latest and dilute Hno3 with silver bromide for testing for hallides.
Carbonates us probably the easiest with bubbling the gas produced through lime water. Sorry no other tips but just learn learn learn! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winading001
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vish.handa)
No way except just learning them, I found positive easier to learn than negative and Cgp book helps for this, for metal ions with Naoh you only need to know the 3 coloured ones and that aluminium dissolves with excess. Make sure when learning the negatives you remember which acid goes with which, dilute HCl with barium chloride for testing for sup latest and dilute Hno3 with silver bromide for testing for hallides.
Carbonates us probably the easiest with bubbling the gas produced through lime water. Sorry no other tips but just learn learn learn! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this for C3 or C2?
2014_GCSE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cenation leader)
an insoluble salt method is using litmus paper and universal indicator you idiot.. why you telling us the wrong answer prick
Litmus and Universal indicator is to work out how acidic/alkaline something is

A METHOD to make Insoluble Salts IS what I just posted, I even just grabbed my revision guide as you made me doubt myself which is now open in front of me and I got it pretty spot on.
vish.handa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Litmus and Universal indicator is to work out how acidic/alkaline something is

A METHOD to make Insoluble Salts IS what I just posted, I even just grabbed my revision guide as you made me doubt myself which is now open in front of me and I got it pretty spot on.
I'm going to do it off memory to back you up but please confirm it because Idk what you wrote and it'll help my revision mix two solutions with the ions in and filter away the liquid and wash and dry them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
vish.handa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Winading001)
Is this for C3 or C2?
C3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student 977
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do you need two substances for testing halides and sulphates?
2014_GCSE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going to do it off memory to back you up but please confirm it because Idk what you wrote and it'll help my revision mix two solutions with the ions in and filter away the liquid and wash and dry them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, that's essentially what I put. Woohoo!

You literally mix two appropriate solutions of ions and a precipitate is formed.
This (the precipitate) can then be removed (filtered) for many reasons such as softening hard water.
gcser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really hope there's a question or hopefully questions on ion tests because I know them really well and I'll be gutted if they're not on it it'll be like dialysis in the biology paper all over again
georgecarsley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Thanks! writing an emergency flashcard to read tomorrow morning when cramming!
violetvictorious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6 Mark Guesses:

C2: Electrolysis, Insoluble Salts, Rates of Reaction
C3: Titration Equations, Haber Process, Hard and Soft Water

GET REVISING GUYS! Still plenty of time for learning entire methods and cramming in facts!
Insoluble salts confuse me and there's so much, so I don't know what exactly I need to know? Guys tell me the main things I need to know about soluble salts please? I have time to revise it tomorrow morning, I just need to know what exactly to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
ryanroks1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What do we need to know about moles?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?