Turn on thread page Beta

NEW USERNAME - rep available watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by linguist786)
    No but seriously - how do you know (even a little bit?)
    Oh, come on. It's dyslexic French. :p: Dunno who I first heard it off but I looked around and picked up one or two phrases. Is "alors" Creole?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Oh, come on. It's dyslexic French. :p: Dunno who I first heard it off but I looked around and picked up one or two phrases. Is "alors" Creole?
    Oh OK cool. lol well I'm a bit like you.. I just pick bits up when I went to Réunion.. "alors" is créol, yes. They do say that word
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh OK cool. lol well I'm a bit like you.. I just pick bits up when I went to Réunion.. "alors" is créol, yes. They do say that word
    Don't ask me why but I'm going off French a bit now. Well, I say a bit, I mean a lot. I should be amazing at French for the 14 years I've been studying it (not to mention crap at German for the two years I've been studying) and yet my German is twice as good as my French and almost as fluent as my English (with a lot of vocab holes, of course).

Hmm. There are a lot of different dialects of Creole I think, so meh. Just didn't look it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask me why but I'm going off French a bit now. Well, I say a bit, I mean a lot. I should be amazing at French for the 14 years I've been studying it (not to mention crap at German for the two years I've been studying) and yet my German is twice as good as my French and almost as fluent as my English (with a lot of vocab holes, of course).

Hmm. There are a lot of different dialects of Creole I think, so meh. Just didn't look it.
    Hehe.. that's cool. Anyway, I'm going off to bed now. Wake up for results at 7-ish
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hehe.. that's cool. Anyway, I'm going off to bed now. Wake up for results at 7-ish
    Good luck. AS results for me... 11 though, so I get to sleep. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Like it... your new colour that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammertal)
    Like it... your new colour that is.
    hehe.. i thanking you.

I got into Manchester Anna.. so no King's for me

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, congrats, great to hear that! :party: You should have put King's as your firm though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    hehe.. omg.. i got the weirdest results! AAE!! hee hee.. i so messed up Chemistry! But surprised to see Manchester still accepted me lol

ReputationRep:
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    Linguist786 MKII
    Now that's brilliant. :yy:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    hehe.. omg.. i got the weirdest results! AAE!! hee hee.. i so messed up Chemistry! But surprised to see Manchester still accepted me lol
    Someone I know got A U A in chemistry modules. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know got A U A in chemistry modules. :confused:
    haha yes, it happens. One of my mates got 4 As - and he got 480 in two of them!! scabby git
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    haha yes, it happens. One of my mates got 4 As - and he got 480 in two of them!! scabby git
    Quite a lot of people in my year got 4 As. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot of people in my year got 4 As. :confused:
    Yes but they're probably got decent UMSs - this guy got 480 in two of his A-Levels - and that's on the borderline between A/B!!

ReputationRep:
    Ever since the beginning, I've always been called "linguist786".. and this is getting slightly, well, boring. I don't really "mind" it, but I suppose it'd be cool to have summat else.

I quite like "linguist" because it's kinda "who I am".. but if anyone comes out with a cool suggestion, I'll give them rep.

Dingalingalinguist?:p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes but they're probably got decent UMSs - this guy got 480 in two of his A-Levels - and that's on the borderline between A/B!!
    Oh, I see. I couldn't be arsed doing the maths, I just read it as "full marks" or something. :p:

ReputationRep:
    change it to "teehar"

ReputationRep:
    What about Franpa˜nolo? And why would a linguist need Chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    'ello peeps. in ireland well i've changed it, as you can see. Will rep the person who suggested it lol (i know it's a bit .. well "overdone", but what the hell!)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.