Turn on thread page Beta

Is Nasrallah a terrorist? watch

• View Poll Results: Is Sheikh Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah, a terrorist?
    Yes, and I'm Christian, and center-left to left politically.
    4.55%
    Yes, and I'm Christian, and center-right to right politically.
    8.33%
    Yes, and I'm Muslim, and center-left to left politically.
    0%
    Yes, and I'm Muslim, and center-right to right politically.
    3.79%
    Yes, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-left to left politically.
    15.15%
    Yes, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-right to right politically.
    17.42%
    Yes, and I'm Jewish, and center-left to left politically.
    3.79%
    Yes, and I'm Jewish, and center-right to right politically.
    5.30%
    No, and I'm Christian, and center-left to left politically.
    3.03%
    No, and I'm Christian, and center-right to right politically.
    2.27%
    No, and I'm Muslim, and center-left to left politically.
    8.33%
    No, and I'm Muslim, and center-right to right politically.
    12.12%
    No, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-left to left politically.
    9.09%
    No, and I'm agnostic/atheist, and center-right to right politically.
    3.03%
    No, and I'm Jewish, and center-left to left politically.
    0.76%
    No, and I'm Jewish, and center-right to right politically.
    3.03%

(Original post by Hafzal)
    Lol I am muslim. Lord HawHaw was a pro-nazi racist dog. Definatley not moi! :angel:
    He was also against his own people.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I am muslim. Lord HawHaw was a pro-nazi racist dog. Definatley not moi! :angel:
    Hafzal

I'm waiting for your response for my reply to your post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o0MorseyMan0o)
    Hafzal

I'm waiting for your response for my reply to your post.

And we are still waiting for your reply to several posts. Debate etiquette would indicate that a response from you would be polite before you started demanding responses from others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nefarious)
    And we are still waiting for your reply to several posts. Debate etiquette would indicate that a response from you would be polite before you started demanding responses from others.
    Which posts? Tell me them and I'll reply. I did reply to MorseyMan, he didn't realise.

ReputationRep:
    Which posts? Tell me them and I'll reply. I did reply to MorseyMan, he didn't realise.

My post was aimed at him not you I thought it was clear. :s:

ReputationRep:
    OK sorry i didnt realise the response. And yes Hafzal me and you do have something in common, we are both Muslims. Why you should allow some dispute in politics separate us and actually make you hate it when i call you my brother in Islam? We are both brothers in Islam, regardless of what we agree or disagree on.

ok :yy:

ReputationRep:
    OK sorry i didnt realise the response. And yes Hafzal me and you do have something in common, we are both Muslims. Why you should allow some dispute in politics separate us and actually make you hate it when i call you my brother in Islam? We are both brothers in Islam, regardless of what we agree or disagree on.

ok :yy:
    The disputes don't make me hate it when people call me "brother". I just don't feel comfortable with it. We might be muslims, but I really don't like it when muslims (or anyone except my lil bro) calls me bro. As friendly as I can be: You're not my brother. I have one brother only. And as far as this "all muslims are brothers" thing. I just don't like it. I think it imply's that we're all the same; which we deffinatly are not! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    MorseyMan,
    I'm waiting for your reply to my post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohemian)

Your suicide bomber friends go and blow themselves up and kill fellow Muslims all the time. Do you call them "murderers" and "terrorists" and "killers of Palestinian...women and children"? No. You call them matyrs. It's sick, and extremely hypocritical.
    No I don't call them matyrs, they are wrong. And if what you are saying is true, about suicide bombers going and killing Muslims, yes they ARE murderers and killers. However I refuse to believe the lie that Islam as a religion is responsible for this.
    Israel has offered so many peaceful solutions to the ME problem and EVERY SINGLE TIME those idiot Palestinians reject them. They instead deny Israel's existance and make it their aim to destroy it. And yet Israel is expected to do exactly what Hezbollah want when their soldiers are kidnapped and killed? We're now stuck in a constant state of war because of the Palestinian people's blind refusal to accept any kind of compromise, even when it is overly generous such as Barak's offer was, or the Peel commission was.
    Those are not peaceful solutions, those are requests for surrender. How can surrendering and not trying to take back your stolen lands be "peaceful solutions"?

Lies.
    Israel existed in every way but legally before it was officially founded. Your people sold off their land at very high prices to the Jews of the 1st and 2nd Aliyah so they had every right to be where they were. By historical, legal and self-determination rights, Israel should exist. It was founded for the exact opposite reason that you state, if you must choose a single reason - because YOUR people tried countless times to make Jews 2nd class citizens and kill them in any way possible. You're still trying to actually, if you go and listen to Nasrallah, or Hamas.
    Selling them lands at high prices does not give them the right to do what they have done; murder and torture. Plus, Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque was not sold to them, they were taken by force.

Realise that, although I didn't come across what you have said before (palestenians selling their lands to jews), I did not accuse you of lying.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't call them matyrs, they are wrong. And if what you are saying is true, about suicide bombers going and killing Muslims, yes they ARE murderers and killers. However I refuse to believe the lie that Islam as a religion is responsible for this.
    Islam as a religion isn't solely responsible for it although the way Islam is structured, allowing the radical preachers to gain authority doesn't help. The main reason these radicals are allowed to spread their hate and their lies is the political climate in the middle east. Many of the governments are weak and constantly fail their people, to ensure their survival they blame these failures on the Jews and the West, to facilitate this in an Islamic country you will be bombarded with anti western propaganda. These radical clerics succeed in whipping up hatred because the society they live in constantly hears about the so called transgressions of the west which are largely invented to disguise the failings of their own governments.

Those are not peaceful solutions, those are requests for surrender. How can surrendering and not trying to take back your stolen lands be "peaceful solutions"?
    The land was never stolen, it was bought from the Arabs in the area whilst the area was run by Britain. Preventing terrorist activity is not a surrender by the country doing the stopping.

Selling them lands at high prices does not give them the right to do what they have done; murder and torture. Plus, Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque was not sold to them, they were taken by force.

Realise that, although I didn't come across what you have said before (palestenians selling their lands to jews), I did not accuse you of lying.
    What murder and torture? There has been collateral damage during efforts by Israel to defend itself, rather more than I’m happy with as a matter of fact but your accusations have no basis. Or do they? Independent sourcing wouldn’t do your case any harm.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't call them matyrs, they are wrong. And if what you are saying is true, about suicide bombers going and killing Muslims, yes they ARE murderers and killers.
    Well obviously they do, it's hardly a hidden fact, and then the Palestinain Authorities count those Muslim deaths caused entirely by Muslims as deaths caused by Israelis, because they claim that Israel's existance drives these mentalists to their actions.
    Would you also say that those who kill Jews, Christians and all other people are "murderes and killers"? You've never actually said that...but as soon as a Muslim life is lost you're quick to blame the killer.
    Good to know you have a sense of morality though.

However I refuse to believe the lie that Islam as a religion is responsible for this.
    Ok, so it must be entirely coincidental that all these suicide bombers are Muslims.

Go tell that to the Egyptians and Syrians.
    Surrendering to what exactly? Israel doesn't want to be at war and they have demonstrated that in their dealings with Egypt and Syria, and offers to Hamas.

Selling them lands at high prices does not give them the right to do what they have done; murder and torture.
    FOR THE LAST TIME Israel are the country with the BEST record on torture - I have already told you of a document which proves this - just shows how you refuse to accept the truth when it's staring you in the face. Murder - you mean defensive wars? That's totally legal, whereas blowing yourself up isn't, nor is kidnapping and killing soldiers (hmm, now who's been engaging in that lately? I remember - Nasrallah - who apparently isn't a terrorist).

Plus, Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque was not sold to them, they were taken by force.
    Proof please From a reliable source.

No, that's because I haven't lied ONCE in D+D. If I'm not sure about something, I look it up or don't say it. Makes your job easier.

ReputationRep:
    OK, first a disclaimer, I am not a terrorist of any sort and shall never accept the legitimacy of any group who do cause terror across the world, wherever it may be. I base my argument on Logic that makes sense to me, with no bias caused by religion, beliefs, culture, etc etc etc.

Hezbullah are so often referred to as a Terrorist Organisation so much so by the media, bush, blair and olmert that we seem to have believed it blindly. The question I pose however, is...

Are Hezbullah Really Terrorists?

Look back at history since the time they were created... They have Never been involved in International Terrorism and were swift to condemn the WTC attacks on september the 11th, comdemning Al-Qaida for causing innocent civilian deaths and describing the attack as 'unjustifiable'. Hezbullah in fact seem to BE the people of south Lebanon, and represent over 2 million people. 80% of Christians, 89% of Sunni's and virtually all Shias of Lebanon support Hezbullah as do virtually all the Middle Eastern states. The same cannot be said for any other 'terrorist' organisation.

The Fact is, Hezbullah are Politically hegemonic and completely dominent in the south of Lebanon since their foundation. So why were they founded in the first place? To reclaim soverignity of their land after the Massive Israeli illegal invasion and nearly 20 years of illegal occupation by Israel. To this day, Israel still control territory they occupied since the invasion (Shebaa) and refuse to withdraw its troops from it to this day.

Look at what Hezbullah HAVE done...

They are the Cleanest, Least Corrupt and most assiduous provider of healthcare, welfare and education in the south. This is a fact, as is that they have politically and democratically elected members in the Lebonese government.

Hezbullah are very open in declaring that they have nothing against anyone in the world except Israel due to their illegal and violent occupation which still continues despite Israel claiming to have given back all the land in 2000. They demand that the thousands of prisoners taken by Israel during this occupation are returned. For two Israeli soldiers, Israel caused so much destruction... Surely, Hezbullah feel the same agony for the hundreds of their people in Israeli jails.

They do not believe in the legitimacy of Israel, but that does not make them terrorists. Billions of people around the world excersize their freedom of belief and belive the same. They have never attacked anyone unless it was for the sovreignity of their homeland. Freedom fighters? Yes, Terrorists? NO.

What is your opinion... Are Hezbullah Terrorists like we are told? If so, how and why?

ReputationRep:
    The disputes don't make me hate it when people call me "brother". I just don't feel comfortable with it. We might be muslims, but I really don't like it when muslims (or anyone except my lil bro) calls me bro. As friendly as I can be: You're not my brother. I have one brother only. And as far as this "all muslims are brothers" thing. I just don't like it. I think it imply's that we're all the same; which we deffinatly are not! :rolleyes:
    well put! Here Here

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    He is a Freedom Fighter defending his country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayan83)
    Look back at history since the time they were created... They have Never been involved in International Terrorism
    Think you'll find that plane hijackings, kidnappings and bombings all constitute terrorism when carried out in the manner and for the reasons Hezbollah do.

and were swift to condemn the WTC attacks on september the 11th, comdemning Al-Qaida for causing innocent civilian deaths and describing the attack as 'unjustifiable'
    You do realise that 9/11 broke the record for the most Americans killed in one terrorist attack, right? And you do know who held that record for the 18 years before 9/11, right? You guessed it - Hezbollah. Any condemnation of theirs is a laughable stunt.

The same cannot be said for any other 'terrorist' organisation.
    Support does not make them any less terrorists - that is a simple irrelevance.

So why were they founded in the first place? To reclaim soverignity of their land after the Massive Israeli illegal invasion and nearly 20 years of illegal occupation by Israel.
    Their stated goal is to annihilate Israel completely.

To this day, Israel still control territory they occupied since the invasion (Shebaa) and refuse to withdraw its troops from it to this day.
    The Shebaa Farms are SYRIAN territory. They have nothing to do with Lebanon or Hezbollah, their status is pursuant to negotiations and agreement between Syria and Israel - no-one else. Israel has not occupied Lebanon since 2000.

They are the Cleanest, Least Corrupt and most assiduous provider of healthcare, welfare and education in the south. This is a fact, as is that they have politically and democratically elected members in the Lebonese government.
    Doesn't make them any less of a terrorist organisation. All the same can be said of Hamas.

Hezbullah are very open in declaring that they have nothing against anyone in the world except Israel due to their illegal and violent occupation which still continues despite Israel claiming to have given back all the land in 2000.
    That's not an "Israeli claim". The United Nations Secretary General and Security Council BOTH verified the complete Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon in 2000. The only people who think otherwise are those like you - who have no respect for fact or truth but are just ignorant liars. And contrary to your first line - Hezbollah has killed hundreds of Americans, scores of Argentinians and kidnapped numerous Westerners - they clearly have problems with non-Israeli parties.

They demand that the thousands of prisoners taken by Israel during this occupation are returned.
    LIE. There are not thousands of Lebanese prisoners in Israeli custody. The figure is 3/4 - as verified last month by both Israel and a Hezbollah MP.

They do not believe in the legitimacy of Israel, but that does not make them terrorists.
    Their terror attacks are what make them terrorists.

What is your opinion... Are Hezbullah Terrorists like we are told? If so, how and why?
    Of course. And anyone who isn't a staggeringly ignorant liar like you, can see why.

ReputationRep:
    LOL... Didnt mean to hit a nerve JonathanH hehe, well done though. :congrats:

(Original post by JonathanH)
    Think you'll find that plane hijackings, kidnappings and bombings all constitute terrorism when carried out in the manner and for the reasons Hezbollah do.
    These are all Allegations by Israel. Its important to make that distinction between what they did, and what they are alleged to have done. The Terrorists are those who used guided missiles and killed houses full of sleeping children in Qana and across Lebanon. Very Nazi-esque. Innocent until proven guilty right? Hezbullah have never taken responsibility for any international act of terror.

Any who if thats your definition of what constitutes a terrorist, you really should have Al-Quaida and Zionists in the same jail cell (That'd make a great reality TV show! joke!)

You do realise that 9/11 broke the record for the most Americans killed in one terrorist attack, right? And you do know who held that record for the 18 years before 9/11, right? You guessed it - Hezbollah. Any condemnation of theirs is a laughable stunt.
    Allegations.... I make the Allegation that you shag sheep. doesn't make me right does it? (well... hehehe). Neither America nor Israel have managed to gather any substatnial evidence to prove Hezbullahs involvment coz they've been squeaky clean and the world can see it. Do a simple Wikipedia search and you'll find out for yourself.

Support does not make them any less terrorists - that is a simple irrelevance.
    No, but it helps prove their legitimacy as a justful organisation.

Just because Bush / Blair Support Israel it doesn't make it any less of a terrorist state.

Their stated goal is to annihilate Israel completely.
    They do not believe Israel is a legitimate state. 1.3 billion people in the world share this idea - but that does not make them terrorists.

The Shebaa Farms are SYRIAN territory. They have nothing to do with Lebanon or Hezbollah, their status is pursuant to negotiations and agreement between Syria and Israel - no-one else. Israel has not occupied Lebanon since 2000.
    Taken by Israel from independance during the invasion and not been given back till today. begs the question really, what gives Israel the right to steal Syrian land as well? Maybe because they are a terrorist state - and to be honest if you think about it, why the world generally dislikes them.

Doesn't make them any less of a terrorist organisation. All the same can be said of Hamas.
    Cant remember what you write this in response to, but HAMAS and Hezbullah, though economically, stability-wise, size and support-wise are different are fundamentally both organisations founded to resist Israeli Nazi-behaviour on their land. Hamas have sticks and stones against Israeli tanks. Israel has made them into a very angry bunch of people. They Too began as freedom fighters in my opinion.

That's not an "Israeli claim". The United Nations Secretary General and Security Council BOTH verified the complete Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon in 2000. The only people who think otherwise are those like you - who have no respect for fact or truth but are just ignorant liars. And contrary to your first line - Hezbollah has killed hundreds of Americans, scores of Argentinians and kidnapped numerous Westerners - they clearly have problems with non-Israeli parties.
    Thats nice. Shebaa farms were related to in accordance with the Syrian Government and being legally used by Lebanon freely. They were a big provider of food for the south. Israel took them and refuses to give them back saying it is syrian land.

:congrats: LOL, ignorant liar, glad you got that out of your system.

Zionists are Terrorists. You are no better than an Afghan cave dweller coming out now and again to go 'yay, taliban taliban'. LOL.. Really equates to be the same thing.

LIE. There are not thousands of Lebanese prisoners in Israeli custody. The figure is 3/4 - as verified last month by both Israel and a Hezbollah MP.
    LOL, ok at this point im really thinking I've hit a nerve.
    YOU LIE (notice the caps)

3 / 4 was the prisoners who are being bargained with to be released. Israeli jails hold many more lebonese innocent people. It is for all these people that Hezbullah still exist and continue to fight for.

Their terror attacks are what make them terrorists.
    See above. Israel are the biggest terrorists. The amount of civilians they tergetted in the war just gone proves that. The amount of land they were given during the birth of the illegitimate state of israel compared to how munch land it illegally occupies today proves that.

Of course. And anyone who isn't a staggeringly ignorant liar like you, can see why.
    [/QUOTE]

So you once again claim that 1.3 billion people around the world, included highly educated international political analysts, comentators, academics, researchers etc etc etc are 'staggeringly ignorant' and your not?

Dude, get real! Israel might as well raise their right arm and start saying 'hail olmert'

ReputationRep:
    lol!! really agree with you!^^

ReputationRep:
    ^It seems both of you are in denial.

Being against Israel does not make you a terrorist, firing rockets into civilian areas and then running away to hide behind other civillians does.

ReputationRep:
    Is he a terrorist?? What kind of question are you asking?? Im half lebanese, a strong, pure Maronite Christian (im supposed to hate him according to tradition) and I think he is everything but a terrorist..If he didn't have a beard and didn't own an uncanny resemblance to zarkawi and osama bin landen in terms of the beard, turban and dress would you still ask if he was a terrorist?? Absolutely pathetic...And you can go ahead and start quoting and loling but it seems that the views of you people have become merely based on what everyone is supposed to think...How come Israel aren't terrorists?? I dunt like being rude and I dont wanna offend anyone (and i know some smart ass will quote that and say "too late") but Israel are the only country in the world that seems to operate like terrorists and be let off for it..Sorry i dont mean to be rude but the arguements aren't justified.."The most honourable death is by killing, and the most honorable killing and the most glorious matyrdom is when a man is killed for the sake of Allah" thats all he says about them..and im a Maronite...not Muslim..but i dunt think he's a terrorist..Lets just live in peace without religious difference..lol thats a long shot..sorry if i offended nayone i dunt mean it

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.