Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is?

ReputationRep:
    according a friend from Bristol: yes.

ReputationRep:
    What's our local?

ReputationRep:
    OMG? I beared arab looking guy walks into a crowded gay bar in a heavy coat with his back to the wall and a back-pack!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matchu)
    What's our local?
    don't know really. but I've been to The Clifton, the one mentioned in the Goldney book. It's really nice and the food is amazing. and I've been to some place in the triangle, can't remember it's name though. :\

ReputationRep:
    My friend at Bristol said Goldney is really near the Corrie Tap (or sth?) and that it's an absolutely AMAZING student pub where everyone knows everyone! Sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    where everybody knows your name?

I wanna be there!

ReputationRep:
    I know your name

you're named like I'm named

ReputationRep:
    haha.

(I'm scared)

ReputationRep:
    It's Matt? right? I'm Matt too. Then again, everyone is called Matt these days.

ReputationRep:
    suppose nicknames will play a vital role in communication then!

Edit:

Yeah - its matt, mango, matchu, straas. Anything really; as long as it isn't oi! ******!

ReputationRep:
    you can call me Matt. or Mitch. or Red. or Shens.

I get 'Macchu Pichu' from my mummy

ReputationRep:
    hahaha - I think I'll choose mummys version

ReputationRep:
    no! it's too affectionate for strangers to be calling me that!

unless... :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    :stupid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowenapackersuperstar)

ps u best also b not too posh

Why can't people understand that one goes to university to broaden one's horizons, to mix with new types of people. (Yes, ironic use of 'one' :rolleyes: )

Whether somebody's supposedly 'posh' (or not as the case may be) is irrelevant - you just have to see everybody as your prospective new best friend, confidante and/or roommate. Otherwise, you run the risk of alienating the people around you, or worst case scenario, yourself.

All us soon-to-be Bristolians are lovely, irrespective of upbringing and educational background

Note: I'd advise against using text-speak on TSR - some people find it hugely offensive and are likely to be insistent... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Angelharpist what halls did you get into/apply to ?

i hate this posh argument, i don't particularly give a **** nor will i ever give a **** about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, inverse snobbery is just as bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    Angelharpist what halls did you get into/apply to ?

i hate this posh argument, i don't particularly give a **** nor will i ever give a **** about it.
    I applied for Wills first choice, and Badock second. They were the only two that had space for my harp and promised me a car parking space. Fingers crossed for Wills though - it's sooo purdy, plus I rather fancy doing bat impressions down the corridoors in a black formal gown

Badock have offered me their disabled suite as well, as it's the only room they have that's suitable for a 6 foot tall concert harp! Worried that it could be a little isolated though

Haven't heard anything yet though, so hoping something comes in the post for me tomorrow

Re the posh argument - it really pi**es me off as well, just hate it when people say 'I hate posh people,' equally when people say 'I hate common people.' I mean, ffs... We're all human (most of us, anyway :p: )Rant over :p:

ReputationRep:
    i've applied wills and badock too. Your room is perfect for stashing lots of wine for formals i might buy in bulk and stash it all in my room! the black formal gown is perfect for smuggling lots of wine into a formal

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.