Corpuscles to be... Watch

CorpusNinja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
oh whatever you know what i meant! 1st October then. i keep thinking we start in September like schools! grrr.
gstamant
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Well noise and sewage doesn't sound great but perhaps I could have company over quite a bit due to my rooms apparent large size. I am coming up September 24th even though the other internationals are mostly coming up on the 28th.
psyche87
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think everyone is supposed to arrive Oct 1 except for internationals who can come Sept 28? I'm coming Sept 28, probably sometime before noon! =)

Oh and bottle of diet coke for 1 pound - does this refer to the 500ml bottle or the 1.5l bottle? (And how much does diet coke normally cost...?!)
Beenie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heya guys. so im coming to corpus too... to do philosophy!

could someone please check out my room BC 01 (Botolph Court)

thank you!
Joe?
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Enjoy!

Botolph 1 is located in Botolph Court. It is a smoking room.

The room has been rated by college as follows:
Type: 6
Area: 10
Floor: 4
Outlook: 10
Noise: -1
Basin: 4
Radiator: 3
Toilets: 8
Bathroom: 5
Gyp Room: 9
Total: 68

This room is reserved for a first-year student in 2006-2007.

Previous Occupants

In 2005-2006, Philippa Cox had Botolph 1 as a 1st year room. They commented on the room as follows:
"Ah, Botolph 1. Good old Botolph, own laundry (incredibly handy), good kitchens, love it. Despite being up a very dark alleyway (get someone you fancy to walk you home). Nice sized room... not much floor space, which makes it a bit difficult to have lots of people around... but I have got about 20 people into it on some occasions! Elephants and Minis spring to mind! Plenty of light, which is nice; on the other hand, wafer-thin walls and ceiling (make sure your upstairs neighbour doesn't play music all night). It's also above the bike shop where they delight in revving motorbikes for hours on end just as your essay deadline is approaching... Apart from that, it's in a good place -- not up too many stairs, very close to the kitchen and right next door to Botolph's only shower!"
In 2004-2005, Mary Kunnenkeril had Botolph 1 as a 1st year room. They commented on the room as follows:
"medium sized room, with limited wardrobe space, and is often in the shadows. Also, idiot men from bike shop downstairs ride motorbikes and feel the need to show theyre real men by revving their engines for about 20mins at 8am and 5pm weekdays....other than that ive loved it!"

Botolph is great, it's supposedly built on top of an old (as opposed to new?) plague pit, as it was outside of the city walls. It's slowly sinking into it as well, I don't think that a single floor is parallel with the ground!
Ikkiv
Report 12 years ago
philosophy yay!
you got phillipas room! it's nice. only bad thing is the shop underneath it. but you get to live in botolph which is great, and im not slightly biased as i was there last year.....yes it may be slightly sloping but it's still ace! well i think so anyway. andyou got the best kitchens in all of COLLEGE like next to your room. wooo.
Handy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK well I got bored on page 4 but I thought I'd say hi. My name is Handy (it's not really, it's actually George Wright).

I'm doing Economics and I have room T-12 (I think), near the other Economics dude - wow...

And Corpuscles is such a gay word. I am SO not one!
Beenie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
indeed, philosophy yay!! (a rare breed) though im starting to ask why... but thats probably a good thing!

thanks joe and ikkiv, room looks good though im not feeling the being woken to motorbike revving at 8:00 every morning... my lie in is meant to go on till lunchtime! ah well. ill just have to go down make friends with these biker dudes.
gstamant
Report 12 years ago
Good lord, -1 for motorcycle revving and a -3 for me...
Joe?
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aghh, so close, we're all waiting to find out who's in T04, THE party room for us last year. Whoever gets it had better be sociable and open it up for second years. Here's some T12 info for you...

Type: 6
Area: 9
Floor: 3
Outlook: 12
Noise: 0
Basin: 4
Radiator: 3
Toilets: 8
Bathroom: 5
Gyp Room: 4
Total: 71

This room is reserved for a first-year student in 2006-2007.

Previous Occupants
In 2005-2006, Gabriele Mogni had T 12 as a 1st year room.
In 2004-2005, Heather Rennie had T 12 as a 1st year room. They commented on the room as follows:
"T12 is a great room on one of the best staircases. The showers, loos and kitchen are all good, and really close. The building work has been a little noisy in the mornings, but nowhere near as annoying as the constant bell practice every Sunday that resonates through your hungover head! T staircase is one of the only places in Corpus that is toastie warm - probably due to the doctor's surgery on the ground floor. The sun does wake you up at 5am in the summer, so this is a good room for early risers. The only major problem I've had with the room is the lack of wardrobe space, but then unless you have an extravagantly large clothes collection like me, it shouldn't be a problem!
All in all I've enjoyed living in T12. It would suit: a boatie with a small wardrobe and an interest in bell ringing.
Enjoy!
ps. beware of T11 (it smells.....) "
In 2003-2004, Martin Kleppmann had T 12 as a 1st year room. They commented on the room as follows:
"T12 is quite a pleasant room in the second floor, looking out into hostel yard. It's very quiet (however that will be over when the work on the library court project begins). The room is not huge, but ok. Sometimes it gets quite warm, even if the radiator is completely turned down - I think the whole staircase is a bit over-heated. The gyp room is one floor down and has 4 hobs. You get lots of nice direct sunshine in the mornings (provided the sun is shining, obviously). And probably the best: Shower and loo are literally 7 steps away (maybe 8 if you're sleepy)."
In 2002-2003, Owen Britton had T 12 as a 1st year room. They commented on the room as follows:
"Nice room on a good staircase. Noise from the church bells on either side is quite bad if you're trying to sleep in on sundays, but apart from that it is a tasty little number. Good storage, modern furnishings, sweet as a nut."

"Corpuscles is such a gay word. I am SO not one!"
Not yet anyway!

You'll be proud to be one soon enough.
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe?)
Aghh, so close, we're all waiting to find out who's in T04, THE party room for us last year. Whoever gets it had better be sociable and open it up for second years.
i presume it has acres of space and beer keg storage?
gwright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Handy)
OK well I got bored on page 4 but I thought I'd say hi. My name is Handy (it's not really, it's actually George Wright).
And again you have shown how foolish you can be.
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
(Original post by gwright)
And again you have shown how foolish you can be.
care to shed any light on who this dude is??
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
and i read in another thread heat/elec isn't included in room rent!? in which case :eek:
Ikkiv
Report 12 years ago
you get 2 radiators. one is one and is included in rent. the other is optional and you can switch on which you pay for. and dont worry about elec, i think my total for the year was something like £6.57 or something stupid.
gwright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by biggie-n)
care to shed any light on who this dude is??
I honestly have no idea but he seems to find it funny to make ridiculous comments regarding me.
Handy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gwright)
I honestly have no idea but he seems to find it funny to make ridiculous comments regarding me.
Aww don't be so serious, I'm only kidding around. I can't wait to meet you in person. Everyone comes across so differently on the internet.
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Handy)
Aww don't be so serious, I'm only kidding around. I can't wait to meet you in person. Everyone comes across so differently on the internet.
yeah ok i 'll agree with you on that!
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ikkiv)
you get 2 radiators. one is one and is included in rent. the other is optional and you can switch on which you pay for. and dont worry about elec, i think my total for the year was something like £6.57 or something stupid.
me like!
gwright
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Handy)
Be warned that I shall be armed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1236)
79.59%
Leave (317)
20.41%

Watched Threads