Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nel48)
    Ok, this is freaky! I have your birthday (although 1988), I love Geography, I did Geography A-Level, Psychology A-Level and Human Biology AS.

Ok, maybe not that freaky, but still a coincidence you have to admit!
    Oooooooo strange! But cool! :five:

Heli Yov....I am a BSc student, and so is Tim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger_Lily)
    Yes! I wanted to change but it was too late so I had to start over and have a bit of a gap year. Can I be your honourary daughter so I can have 2 families? I didn't get any parents last year cos cuths didn't have them. Victor was really scary! You still good friends with Fiona? It's such a small world.xx
    He was really scary- Tim regularly had to persuade me not to skip his tutorials! Yeah I'll be an honourary parent!!! I haven't been given a Mildert child yet (I do hope I get one!) so I'll just adopt Mary's maths freshers (hah!) I'm still friendly with Fiona but we're living opposite ends of the city next year but hopefully we'll bump into each other plenty at the science site/klute!!! I'll look out for you anyway!!! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john-boro)
    when does this meet up usually take place? Also, does anyone else find it really hard to conceive of any Durhamers who aren't on TSR? There must be a lot but from my point of view they don't exist yet!
    In my small, rather confined brain, Durham is just a room where everyone on this forum meets up and drinks lemonade and eats custard creams.

What? It isn't? WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO?

ReputationRep:
    the main thing would be stephen fry though -
    I know - love - he has the most fabulous voice! i could listen to it for hours - i really want the Harry Potter audio cd's because he would read them so well! (geek) - yes i am a HP fanatic

eats custard creams
    mmmm custar creams - though my fave biscuits are figgy rolls and maryland cookies

random i know but who else really wishes there was a real life Honeydukes? - as in HP sweet shop

ReputationRep:
    Proper name: Helen Roach
    Nicknames:Wallace, Gremlin
    What subject you're going to do and Offer: Im doing Sport and Exercise Science. I know it sounds like a drop out subject but I want to be a PE teacher
    What are you most looking forward to about Durham?
    ...and Least? Most: meeting lots of people and having fun i guess. Least:the cold!!
    What are you going to do on the first day? get my room sorted, line up for ages to give in forms and then go out and party!
    Why did you choose Durham as your firm? umm...cos its awesome and u can get lots of good jobs with a degree from durham
    Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome? know 2 people
    D.O.B: 05/01/1988
    Hair colour: blonde
    Eye colour:blue
    A2 subjects: P.E, Theatre Studies, History and English Literature
    Any brothers/sisters?: yes two brothers and one sister
    Any pets: 3 cats and a dog
    Fave band/artist: lol...im ashamed to say Nick Lachey..i love him.
    Fave song: Resolution
    Fave TV show: Friends, it never gets old
    Fave film:the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Fave hobby:anything sporty
    Fave colour:yellow
    Fave foodarsnips
    Fave sport:badminton
    Which football team do you support?:Tottenham Hotspur :-S
    Fave non-alcoholic drink:chocolate milkshake!
    Fave alcoholic drink:malibu and orange
    How often do you drink? not loads cos I work in a bar so im surrounded by it all the time..prob once a week with my dinner on a sunday
    Do you smoke? no thank you
    Can you play an instrument?: yes, piano, drums, guitar
    Can you speak a foreign language?: le Francais merci
    What makes you happy?: people and parsnips
    What's your pet hate? rudeness, thinking your better than you are and treating people like dirt when really you'rethe one that looks stupid, people that take themselves too seriously!
    Describe yourself in 5 words: interesting, wacky, thoughtful, ambitious, content
    Anything else you want to say...umm hello everyone, looking forward to meeting you, although I cant help but wonder if i ever will? my myspace is www.myspace.com/gremlin_jocelyn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    In my small, rather confined brain, Durham is just a room where everyone on this forum meets up and drinks lemonade and eats custard creams.

What? It isn't? WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO?
    You're crazy Cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heli Yov)
    my fave biscuits are figgy rolls
    I don't actually know what figgy rolls are... presumably they have something to do with figs?

ReputationRep:
    they are EVERYTHING to do with figs baby.

ReputationRep:
    Oreos rule supreme. And so does beef jerky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasperstory)

Fave song: Impossible to say, maybe Radiohead - Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Interesting choice, so you like Kid A and Amnesiac then?

(Original post by jasperstory)
    Fave alcoholic drink: A pint of real ale
    Always good to hear of another real ale fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heli Yov)
    I know - love - he has the most fabulous voice! i could listen to it for hours - i really want the Harry Potter audio cd's because he would read them so well! (geek) - yes i am a HP fanatic

random i know but who else really wishes there was a real life Honeydukes? - as in HP sweet shop
    hehe i have them all, i love them :suith: vg also for long car journeys

i would love a real life honeydukes - did you ever have the hp sweets they used to sell? they did liquorice wands and honeydukes chocolate (with popping candy on top) and bertie botts every flavour beans (tomato ones were MING) and fizzing whizbees which were AMAZING.

ReputationRep:
    Do they still make Wonkalate bars in england...?

ReputationRep:
    Hobnobs FTW! I don't think they make the Wonkalate bars anymore. They certainly don't sell them at any shop I've been to lately. Also, what happened to peanut Kitkats? I tried one and thought it was amazing, almost as good as peanut lion bars, but then they disappeared.

Having just read back over what I've written it does seem that I appear to be a total beast!

ReputationRep:
    No more wonkalate bars!!! nooo! I want my purple chocolate with weird yellow bits in it!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, peanut kitkats were yummy! Especially with a nice cuppa. Such a shame. I haven't seen creme egg dairy milks of late either...

I agree... Wonka bars have gone. Though I will keep on the lookout.

Edit: I also haven't seen Whispas in ages. Nor Astros. They were great in middle school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relaxis)
    You're crazy Cool.
    Thank you/sorry/SHABADAFLABADAHSFF!!

MINT kit kats, ACTUALLY. So there. Mmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    Boost was the greatest chocolate bar of all time.

My life cycle can be termed:
    Whispa - Lion Bar - Drifter - Boost.

How sad!

ReputationRep:
    ah oui! but I thought you could still get Drifters and Boosts? If they've stopped selling Boosts, I'm going to complain! Going to the shops soon so I'll have a look :cool:

When I was in fourth year, I used to have a Double Decker every lunchtime. mmmmmmm..... :yy: :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Thank you/sorry/SHABADAFLABADAHSFF!!

MINT kit kats, ACTUALLY. So there. Mmmmm.
    Definately a Fruit and Nut case teehee I made a joke

When I was in fourth year, I used to have a Double Decker every lunchtime.
    I'll have the braised pheasant to start, with broccoli and potatoes...
    Anything else sir?
    And a double decker...buttered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidekick)
    hehe i have them all, i love them :suith: vg also for long car journeys

i would love a real life honeydukes - did you ever have the hp sweets they used to sell? they did liquorice wands and honeydukes chocolate (with popping candy on top) and bertie botts every flavour beans (tomato ones were MING) and fizzing whizbees which were AMAZING.
    i knew i was coming to durham for a reason....I LOVE harry potter (esp the audiobooks- i too have every single one!!!). If only they could take us up to durham on the hogwart's express *sinks into deep and happy thoughts of Harry, Ron and Hermione*. Is there a Harry Potter club in Durham? (at least at this point no one knows my true identity):eek: :cool:

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.