Turn on thread page Beta

Met any TSR member in real life? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    we should sort out one for the motorsport crew on here :cool:
    True!

I was tempted to try and organise us going to a Badger bash or something. It's central in London and a decent place to get together and watch a race.

(Or could just meet up at that bar for a race anyway when it's less ridiculously busy)

ReputationRep:
    I've met about half the mod team at one point or another

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Met them for any purpose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MATHSPOW!!)
    That's really cool. How did it go ?
    It actually went ok. I'd been talking to them on skype prior to meeting up, so there was nothing unexpected really

ReputationRep:
    no but I'd love to

ReputationRep:
    Soon meeting one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to meet some. I need more friends off the netz.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nope, cant say I have.

(Original post by James A)
    Yes I met another sub who goes to the same uni and of all places we first spot each other at the local kebab shop :rofl:
    VVV

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to meet the next lot soon. It's not often a perfect chance to ruin a public social event presents itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Nope, cant say I have.
    Let's meet up. There's a first time for everything.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I was just trying to convey that I was flattered by your post!

But nah, I guess you could say I've retired from the world of meeting up with internet acquaintances now. It'd be hard to top the last one I met up with.
    I see. You have really met many internet acquaintances before you have found your 'true love' (very emotive, I know), is that so?

It was not my intention to flatter you. The case that you have lived in my federal state and you are able to speak German (very good, as far as I can see) makes you to an interesting person. It would be fine to speak about a British-Danish girl about 'the most boring federal state in Germany' (the Germans say so). Moreover I would love to know whether you have this funny sounding British accent when you talk to me in German.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulietheCat)
    Yep, one guy who goes to QMUL, SecretDuck and some obscure members

Posted from TSR Mobile
    u dirty whore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    u dirty whore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hmmm: I meant obscure as in they hardly log on TSR

(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Can't wait to meet the next lot soon. It's not often a perfect chance to ruin a public social event presents itself.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    were you all wearing fedoras, drinking mountain dew and arguing about reddit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I see. You have really met many internet acquaintances before you have found your 'true love' (very emotive, I know), is that so?

It was not my intention to flatter you. The case that you have lived in my federal state and you are able to speak German (very good, as far as I can see) makes you to an interesting person. It would be fine to speak about a British-Danish girl about 'the most boring federal state in Germany' (the Germans say so). Moreover I would love to know whether you have this funny sounding British accent when you talk to me in German.
    As far as I can recall, I've only met three people with romantic intentions (your post implies more ) but I have indeed met quite a few internet acquaintances, sometimes alone, sometimes with other people who knew the person in real life already; at least once I met a large group with a few other people I knew in real life who also only knew them online beforehand. The latter was World of Warcraft-related.

ReputationRep:
    I know people irl who go on here (awks), recognised them from a picture thread

Only likely people i'd probably meet up with on tsr are the people I talk to on kik

ReputationRep:
    I've worked with a locum pharmacist that i recognised from the pharmacy forums hahah, i didnt say anything to him about it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Met them for any purpose?
    Some for TSR things like results day, others I've met up with purely socially. Some mods have got married to each other, and yes, there are TSR babies out there!

(Original post by I'veGotAHadron)
    were you all wearing fedoras, drinking mountain dew and arguing about reddit?
    Not a fedora in sight Mod meets are much more likely to involve cheap wine and TSR in jokes :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.