Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal are steadily rising imo if you look at their progression from the past few years. Their points tally has gone up since 2011 as they've been building a young squad and supplementing it with experienced players. I was saying that they'll properly challenge for the title next season last year. Still think they'll come short though. Since Liverpool and City will probably comprise the 2 of the top 4 next season it's yet to be known whether Arsenal will be title challengers though.

Furthermore if you're relying on your fullbacks to win you games and create/score goals regularly, then something is wrong with your play. Even though Lahm got loads of assists as a fullback under Heynckes, Robben, Ribery, Kroos, Mandzukic, Gomez, Muller were the creators/goalscorers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Arsenal are steadily rising imo if you look at their progression from the past few years. Their points tally has gone up since 2011 as they've been building a young squad and supplementing it with experienced players. I was saying that they'll properly challenge for the title next season last year. Still think they'll come short though. Since Liverpool and City will probably comprise the 2 of the top 4 next season it's yet to be known whether Arsenal will be title challengers though.

Furthermore if you're relying on your fullbacks to win you games and create/score goals regularly, then something is wrong with your play. Even though Lahm got loads of assists as a fullback under Heynckes, Robben, Ribery, Kroos, Mandzukic, Gomez, Muller were the creators/goalscorers.
    I remember you saying that last year. Were you ridiculed for not saying arsenal had the best squad in Europe though? I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    1. Bayern
    2. Barca
    3. Atletico
    4. Chelsea
    5. Man City
    6. Juventus
    7. Real Sociedad
    8. Real Madrid...

489. Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    1. Bayern
    2. Barca
    3. Atletico
    4. Chelsea
    5. Man City
    6. Juventus
    7. Real Sociedad
    8. Real Madrid...

489. Arsenal
    Put La Real 6th. Allegri is the Juve manager...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    I'm not convinced.
    Are you convinced now? To be honest it's laughable to suggest man utd have one of the best squads in Europe, they have a few stars set around a squad of mostly very mediocre (at best) players

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not convinced.
    Lelelelel

ReputationRep:
    1. MK Dons
    2. Swansea City
    3. Manchester United
    4. Sunderland
    5. Burnley
    6. Bayern Munchen
    7. Real Madrid
    8. Barcelona

Watch this space

ReputationRep:
    Bayern
    Chelsea
    Real Madrid
    Man City
    Barcelona
    Atletico Madrid
    Roma
    Juventus

Madrid, City, Barca and Atleti all pretty close.

ReputationRep:
    1.Real Madrid
    2.Barcelona
    3.Bayern Munich
    4.Atletico Madrid
    5.Man City
    6.Chelsea
    7.Juventus
    8.PSG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Bayern
    Chelsea
    Real Madrid
    Man City
    Barcelona
    Atletico Madrid
    Roma
    Juventus

Madrid, City, Barca and Atleti all pretty close.
    Bit too early to put Chelsea up to second. Although I think we'll win the CL this season. Also think Real and Barca should be together. City shouldn't be there.

Chelsea and Atléti should still be grouped in the same group, as in just next to or equal to the weakest of the big three.

ReputationRep:
    1) Bayern Munich
    2) Real Madrid
    3) Barcelona
    4) Atletico Madrid
    5) Chelsea
    6) Man City
    7) PSG
    8) Juventus
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1. Bayern
    2. Real Madrid

3. Barcelona

4. Chelsea
    5. Manchester City
    6. PSG
    7. Juventus
    8. Atletico Madrid
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not convinced.
    I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    1. Bayern
    2. Real Madrid

3. Barcelona

4. Chelsea
    5. Manchester City
    6. PSG
    7. Juventus
    8. Atletico Madrid
    How are Atléti under all these teams when they just beat Madrid over two legs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Are you convinced now? To be honest it's laughable to suggest man utd have one of the best squads in Europe, they have a few stars set around a squad of mostly very mediocre (at best) players

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lelelelel
    No, I'm not convinced. Unlike you lot, my posts aren't heavily influenced by knee-jerk reactions.

Liverpool and Manchester United have had terrific transfer windows. However, most of our players haven't played (together) yet due to complications, fitness issues, injuries, late arrivals etc. It's hard to say how they will gel. I admit I've only really watched Rojo and Blind in the World Cup. I don't have time to watch Dutch or Portuguese football. Therefore, my judgement of those two would be inaccurate.

It amazes me how you lot can judge an entire squad (that hasn't even trained together) after two or three games. I will be analysing both squads for a sustained period of time before I make a clear cut judgement.

You lot can stick to your inaccurate, knee-jerk, worthless posts that do nothing more than bump threads to the top of the football forum. However, please don't quote me as I have no interest in reading the tripe.

ReputationRep:
    1. Real
    2. Bayern

200. MK Dons
    201. United.

ReputationRep:
    1. Atletico
    2.Real Madrid
    3. Bayern
    4. Juventus
    5. Barcelona
    6.Manchester City
    7.PSG
    8.Manchester United

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not convinced. Unlike you lot, my posts aren't heavily influenced by knee-jerk reactions.

Liverpool and Manchester United have had terrific transfer windows. However, most of our players haven't played (together) yet due to complications, fitness issues, injuries, late arrivals etc. It's hard to say how they will gel. I admit I've only really watched Rojo and Blind in the World Cup. I don't have time to watch Dutch or Portuguese football. Therefore, my judgement of those two would be inaccurate.

It amazes me how you lot can judge an entire squad (that hasn't even trained together) after two or three games. I will be analysing both squads for a sustained period of time before I make a clear cut judgement.

You lot can stick to your inaccurate, knee-jerk, worthless posts that do nothing more than bump threads to the top of the football forum. However, please don't quote me as I have no interest in reading the tripe.
    Terrific transfer window for man utd? So great that you've bought two left backs, an argentine who doesn't even have a work permit and another who's the most overpriced player since andy Carroll and to top it of a striker you don't even need. To be left with centre backs like smalling, jones and Evans shows how bad this transfer window has been for man utd. There's absolutely no balance to the squad and the mediocrity of the squad is being shown as you no longer have ferguson.

As for Liverpool they've done well but I feel losing Suarez was too big a blow for them to make a sustained push for the title this year, may only be three games in but I make it a two horse race

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How are Atléti under all these teams when they just beat Madrid over two legs.
    Because the other teams have a better squad. Atleti have a great manager and a great team ethic but the other clubs have better players. And two games don't mean anything, do you really think any of Atletico's players come close to the quality of Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, Modric, James..? Other teams I put above them, PSG have Ibra, Cavani, Pogba, Silva, Lucas etc, Juve have Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo, Llorente, Tevez, Chiellini, Buffon etc.

(Original post by Imranfr0)
    1. Atletico
    2.Real Madrid
    3. Bayern
    4. Juventus
    5. Barcelona
    6.Manchester City
    7.PSG
    8.Manchester United
    Similar to my bit above this, Atletico do not have the best squad in Europe. They didn't have last season and they definitely don't now that they've lost Costa, Villa, Luis etc. I'm all for respecting people's opinions, but no.

Atletico are a great team, but they do not have the best group of players in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Because the other teams have a better squad. Atleti have a great manager and a great team ethic but the other clubs have better players. And two games don't mean anything, do you really think any of Atletico's players come close to the quality of Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, Modric, James..? Other teams I put above them, PSG have Ibra, Cavani, Pogba, Silva, Lucas etc, Juve have Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo, Llorente, Tevez, Chiellini, Buffon etc.

Similar to my bit above this, Atletico do not have the best squad in Europe. They didn't have last season and they definitely don't now that they've lost Costa, Villa, Luis etc. I'm all for respecting people's opinions, but no.

Atletico are a great team, but they do not have the best group of players in Europe.
    But setup.

Atlético aren't the best squad in europe but they won the league last season, got to CL final, beat Madrid over two legs in super copa. They are being underrated if they're under Juve. They'd easily beat Juve over two legs. They're equal in quality with Chelsea tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.